What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT: Current Affairs and Politics

So a many people having gone through the same program at the same institution are apparently spouting the same ideas.

This is shocking.

Meanwhile "the great reset" appears to be gaining traction the world over with countries implementing these policy ideas, countries such as...er um, and oh. that one what's it called, never mind......
Weren't you telling us that it had nothing to do with the WEF before? And the heads of state have mentioned a reset, and mostly with the excuse of covid, which of course doesn't make any sense. If ridiculously wealthy people get together and try to reorganise the world, as they do, you can bet that it's not a nice idea at all.

Bandwagon

Staff member
Weren't you telling us that it had nothing to do with the WEF before?

I'm paraphrasing your post to point out the obvious, which is neither agreeing nor disagreeing with the premise.
And the heads of state have mentioned a reset, and mostly with the excuse of covid, which of course doesn't make any sense.
Yes a couple have, build back better, it's an attractive statement, but let's instead look at what they did, which was to prop up capital. Maybe by "build back better" they meant go full neo liberal? 'Cause the results certainly don't point to anything but the transference of wealth upwards faster than any other time in modern history

If ridiculously wealthy people get together and try to reorganise the world, as they do, you can bet that it's not a nice idea at all.
The underlying sentiment was to re-adjust the balance between capital and people in order to create more equity. Like I said, a nice idea. Though if you include the qualification that follows that and you can see I'm a long way there from even beginning to claim such an outcome likely, in fact quite the opposite.

I think the major difference of opinion here between us on this, is that you think there is need for some kind of grand conspiracy to deliver the things that I believe are delivered because it's already inherit in the system it's self.

I'm paraphrasing your post to point out the obvious, which is neither agreeing nor disagreeing with the premise.

Yes a couple have, build back better, it's an attractive statement, but let's instead look at what they did, which was to prop up capital. Maybe by "build back better" they meant go full neo liberal? 'Cause the results certainly don't point to anything but the transference of wealth upwards faster than any other time in modern history

The underlying sentiment was to re-adjust the balance between capital and people in order to create more equity. Like I said, a nice idea. Though if you include the qualification that follows that and you can see I'm a long way there from even beginning to claim such an outcome likely, in fact quite the opposite.

I think the major difference of opinion here between us on this, is that you think there is need for some kind of grand conspiracy to deliver the things that I believe are delivered because it's already inherit in the system it's self.
Why the need for programs such as Young Global Leaders if it was all going to happen anyway? There's more than a couple that were saying BBB, including one of our own pollies. It's really not so catchy that it catches on all over the place so fast. Conspiracies happen all the time, and yes, some of them are 'grand'. It wasn't an accident that the food pyramid came about and got it 180° wrong. Yet people still believe in it even though it's very easy to show that it's garbage.

Bandwagon

Staff member
Why the need for programs such as Young Global Leaders if it was all going to happen anyway?

Young leaders programs happen the world over, for a variety of reasons or to achieve a variety of things. It's not really all that nefarious. These guys ( the WEF ) have been around for 50 years mate, they exist to influence like many other institutes.

As for "it was all going to happen anyway", you miss my point, the systems been delivering for quite some time mate.

There's more than a couple that were saying BBB, including one of our own pollies. It's really not so catchy that it catches on all over the place so fast.

It's really only that prevalent if you subscribe to forms of media that like to point out how prevalent it is. Politically it seems it was a bit of fad thing to say in certain circles, though seems to have all but disappeared now, like most fads inevitably do.

Suitman

Post Whore
So, back to the RTBU.
It seems that train drivers on the other side of the world are excited to be receiving new trains that have the latest updated technology, including door cameras and screens in the drivers' cabin. No safety issues as far as they are concerned.

Young leaders programs happen the world over, for a variety of reasons or to achieve a variety of things. It's not really all that nefarious. These guys ( the WEF ) have been around for 50 years mate, they exist to influence like many other institutes.

As for "it was all going to happen anyway", you miss my point, the systems been delivering for quite some time mate.

It's really only that prevalent if you subscribe to forms of media that like to point out how prevalent it is. Politically it seems it was a bit of fad thing to say in certain circles, though seems to have all but disappeared now, like most fads inevitably do.
How would you know it's not nefarious? They have a remarkable strike rate of getting people into positions of power in many countries. Obviously to influence and further their agenda. I don't want my leaders even affiliated with mega rich people, much less in their pocket and/or indoctrinated.
Way back I said the most likely reason for unprecedented actions like lockdown was profit and of course I got told that was nonsense, not by you. But like you said, we just had the biggest wealth transfer in history. Did these wef leaders have a hand in influencing those policies? I'd bet strider's lefty on it. And also that the stated aim of the great reset is a load of horse shit.

The point I'm making is that you're presenting that as if it is evidence of something nefarious, when in and of it's self it's no such thing.
Well I wasn't but I believe it is. I think it's fair to say that the agendas of super wealthy people are inherently nefarious. And it's 'itself', not two different words. Not meaning to be a smart arse.

Last edited:

Gronk

Staff member
Trump’s latest lawyer was previously general counsel for a NYC carpark. However if Trumps job prerequisites were being busty and cute, then I think she passes.

Gronk

Staff member
Memes about Trump’s bargin bin lawyers are peaking.

ACD97669-7EED-45F5-8A3B-0C49C12B90D4.jpeg

Why can’t he attract the big firms ? Because they are not stupid.

Eelementary

Post Whore
So my name, date of birth, address, phone number, email address, and driver's licence, were all stolen during Optus' data breach on Wednesday.

The stupid imbeciles emailed me today to let me know my data had been stolen.

They sat on that information for over 48 hours.

I am absolutely disgusted.