What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT: Current Affairs and Politics

hindy111

Post Whore
It sure does. Low information republican voters just hear; Trump - transgender - schools - children - democrats.

View attachment 93809

Exactly. But also the the educated people can't help but repeat it and put down people who vote for him calling them dopes ,hicks etc. So that makes more of them want to vote for him even more due to being angry.
Low information will remain low information. His real puppets are the ones who love high information. They do the leg work

Gronk

Staff member
Exactly. But also the the educated people can't help but repeat it and put down people who vote for him calling them dopes ,hicks etc. So that makes more of them want to vote for him even more due to being angry.
Low information will remain low information. His real puppets are the ones who love high information. They do the leg work

There are always rusted on political campaigners. That is not unique for Trump or anyone.

The difference here is the deliberate lies, the dog whistles, that merkins pick up and actually believe. Like this one that Trump spun and his low information (low enquiry) supporters repeat, no matter how ridiculous.

Gronk

Staff member
well his response to his ex-staffer asking him "why do you lie so much?", he says, "if you say it enough, people will start to believe you"

his words, so he knows he is lying
Straight out of the Nazi Goebbels playbook.

Gronk

Staff member
Tonight's Q&A is about housing affordability. So I am agnostic about this.

I assume that they argue that if they stop me owning more than 3 (residential) properties, it frees up more into the pool for first home buyers ?

Does that then shrink the pool for those that rent ? That group who don't have 10-20% of the Sydney property market saved ? Do we assume wrongly that everyone wants to or can afford to own a home ?

Does it solve one problem, only to create another ?

Is the assumption here that the investment properties I own are all "affordable" ?

Isn't the solution to the rental and first home buyer markets just a supply issue ?

1725834679494.png

hindy111

Post Whore

I assume that they argue that if they stop me owning more than 3 (residential) properties, it frees up more into the pool for first home buyers ?

Does that then shrink the pool for those that rent ? That group who don't have 10-20% of the Sydney property market saved ? Do we assume wrongly that everyone wants to or can afford to own a home ?

Is the assumption here that the investment properties I own are all "affordable" ?

Isn't the solution to the rental and first home buyer markets just a supply issue ?

View attachment 93813

Who the f**k owns more then 3 properties.
I'm a powerful millionaire and I only have one

Gary Gutful

Post Whore

View attachment 93813
Lots of good commentary on your part and plenty of issues that should be explored, but I don't trust Q&A to do so in a balanced and thoughtful manner.

Gronk

Staff member
Lots of good commentary on your part and plenty of issues that should be explored, but I don't trust Q&A to do so in a balanced and thoughtful manner.
The three property thing has already been partyl dealt with here in Sydney. Sophisticated investors in NSW would know that NSW have already triggered Land Tax measures in the last budget which discourage ownership of multiple homes.

Simply put, investors pay an additional tax called Land Tax. For those of us who pay annual land tax, we pay tax on the combined land value of our investments, less a threshold. The threshold traditionally increases every year as the Sydney property market does same. So in the past for example, the threshold in 2010 was $376,000 whilst in 2023 it was $969,000. The threshold obviously protected mum n dad investors from being slugged Land Tax, as quite often the impost of Land Tax makes the investment unviable.

Last budget the NSW Government fixed the Land Tax threshold at $1.075m forever. So as property prices continue to go north, so will their Land Tax bill.

Now some will argue that it does not go far enough, as you can own maybe 4 apartments and still be under the fixed threshold. Maybe that is what Q&A were edging towards last night.

hindy111

Post Whore

I was almost squeezed out of the Sydney property market. Here I am a guy who has worked since age 16 and for my self since I was 23 in a decent paying trade. Up at 5.30am.l most days. And quite wise with his money. I had to buy a run down shit box and spent 4yrs in spare time fixing it to make it liveable.
And you know who I was competing against mostly? 25yld kids who's parents where beneficiaries of inter generational wealth who haven't worked a hard day's work in their lives.
Only leaving their trendy little suburbs to go and watch the Swans play.
Whilst the parents are slowly buying more and more real estate for their entitled kids whilst slowly wiping out the middle class.

It's bullshit. It's probably why most kids have given up nowdays if they aren't born into money. There is nothing f**king left for then. I also work with a lot of immigrants. I feel sorry for the poor bustards. They are getting flogged like animals. Driving users after hours just to pay their rent. They'll never afford a home.

How is this fair?

Gronk

Staff member
I was almost squeezed out of the Sydney property market. Here I am a guy who has worked since age 16 and for my self since I was 23 in a decent paying trade. Up at 5.30am.l most days. And quite wise with his money. I had to buy a run down shit box and spent 4yrs in spare time fixing it to make it liveable.
And you know who I was competing against mostly? 25yld kids who's parents where beneficiaries of inter generational wealth who haven't worked a hard day's work in their lives.
Only leaving their trendy little suburbs to go and watch the Swans play.
Whilst the parents are slowly buying more and more real estate for their entitled kids whilst slowly wiping out the middle class.
No mate, you were competing against young professional couples (double income no kids) who combined prolly earn twice or 3 or 4 or 5 yours.

Most are little Aussie battlers just like you.

Little to do with down hill skiers spending grandpa's cash. They work just as hard as you or harder. I will tell you this, there are a lot of late twenties graduates who might earn six figures starting with 2, but they don’t dare leave the office before the partners do until like 8pm. There is a toxic culture in the big towers of the CBD and often whispered about.

strider

Post Whore
You are competing against both .... of course there are rich parents helping their kids out. You'd be dumb as f**k to think there arent

Gronk

Staff member
You are competing against both .... of course there are rich parents helping their kids out. You'd be dumb as f**k to think there arent
If you want to go there, it is more likely that the Sydney market east of the Red Rooster line is competing against asian money, rather than white aglo grandpa cash.

strider

Post Whore
If you want to go there, it is more likely that the Sydney market east of the Red Rooster line is competing against asian money, rather than white aglo grandpa cash.
I never said anything about being anglo parents ..... i wasnt thinking race specific