What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT: Davo Vs Josh Stuart Fight.

Macca

Coach
It's part of our history. I have no problem with it. Why should we pretend it never happened?

Having said that, the whol bar should redecorated and utilized better.

rotti

Juniors
Davo won in 1 round, not sure if it was a knockout or Stuart didn't come out for the 2nd, briefly heard on radio. Other fight Soden & Lyons was a draw i think.

Quigs

Immortal
Here is some good stuff on Bundy

p-40-3.jpg

Les Davidson smashes Jason Lowrie, Rd 21 1996,A typical tough tackle by Davidson

You can view Davos page on the biff www.eraofthebiff.com/p-40.html

The dreaded Quig's memories of Les Swatting the two drag queens....

Les was one of the players that I really enjoyed watching go around the paddock. I would of loved to see Les playing in the era some 10 to 15 years earlier than he did.

Les did not cop fools to well on the field and was very handy with his hands. He was usually very closely watched by the men with the whistle.

I remember watching one game, it was between Cronulla and their "little brothers" St George. It was a TV game.

Les had tackled, and fairly tackled a Saints forward and stood up as you do to mark the tackled player at the play the ball. The tackled St George forward got to his feet and with the ball still locked up under one hand started punching Les about the head with his free hand. (Stupid thing to do I'd say) Les looked in the direction of the Ref as to say what do I do, as this player kept throwing punches.

Les retaliated to this barrage by landing one sharp punch to the Saints player knocking him cold. As the linesman was sprinting in another Saints player ran about 10 metres and started throwing punches at Les again. (another stupid act I'd say) Les took some defensive posturing but let fly in defence with another cracker of a blow and down went the second Saints player like an elevator.

Les stood his ground and was now standing over two maggoted saints players who were both prone on the deck.

The Linesman arrived as the ref arrived and Les just sort of gestured, "it wasn't my fault" and the ref agreed penalising the first prone Saints player for starting it.

FROM QUIGS 1/10/2004..... The information posted below arrived at Team Era on the 1/10/04 from an anon reliable source,
"The story on Les Davidson and St George was in 1994 and the first player dropped was the rooster Brad Mackay, probably the 1st and last punch he ever threw and the 2nd player was Wayne "Snoopy" Collins "

also got this from Ian Russell, (former great Illawarra Steelers Player)

"I tried to rough up Michel Speechly in a game between the Steelers and Sharks in the early 90's down at the Wollongong Showground. "

"The first person to arrive to assist Speech was Les Davidson."

"He hit me so hard my eye required 'orbital' stitching of the socket. "

"Thanks Les"

Cheers
(Declared Idiot #88)
Quigs

Latest posts