What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT: Dead hard rockers week

Quigs

Immortal
What is going on in here. Is it now Bob Rogers Top 40 time.

Aussie music went downhill with the demise of Brian Henderson's Bandstand.

RIP John Olsen, rockstar Aussie painter type artist.

And nice to see ACDC in those all time biggest sellers, great achievement for the Scottish lads from Burwood.
Yes it tis. Read somewhere where they said they took their beet from the machinery on factory floor ! Ferkin geniuses posing as bogans ... Or maybe bogans posing as Geniuses ?

Yes it tis. Read somewhere where they said they took their beet from the machinery on factory floor ! Ferkin geniuses posing as bogans ... Or maybe bogans posing as Geniuses ?
I know a guy who came out from Scotland on the same boat as the Young family and is friends with Angus to this day. He said they had natural smarts, and had a good idea of what to aim for. Lots of guidance too from older brother George who learned from his experiences with the Easybeats. When they were growing up it was hard to separate Angus from his guitar.

shadowboxer

First Grade
RIP Barry Humphries. A great rocker. Tuna Town a classic
There should be pages and pages of post examining Barry’s career.
The man defined comedy and made serous inroads for anyone in the UK market. Bogan Barry McKenzie to the lost sandy scott - greatness…
In the words of 1980s Tim Finn, you saved the world for me….yes you did.

He was absolutely unique, Brilliant ! Captured some Australian characters in hilarious, endearing , honest etc. etc , I have not even got the words to describe Barry humphries, ... "Comic genius" maybe. His death maybe the epitath for end of an era -but as Quigs points out "Sir les will live forever"

Quigs

Immortal
True story. I was reading an online forum just yesterday and one of the learned contributors was posting about Sir Les and how his character came to be. The contributor said that Barry got the idea for Les from his dealings with one of the Club Managers he had come across whilst performing at a leading Lic Club in Sydney.

Yep you guessed it, it was the Taj Mahal, the Stinking Stains Leagues Club.

Oh and this wasn't a League Forum I was on.

Latest posts