What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT: Dead hard rockers week

Quigs

Immortal
Heard that about the :sheep: rooter from many in the biz.
*Uncle Sad supported the Cockroaches at The Palais Royale back in 1989. Two others on the bill were the Mentals & Hoodoos from memory.

Was you a groupie back in 1989 Uncle? The Barrel Boy for those that way inclined.

Foz

Bench
One Friday night after footy training in 1980 they had a battle of the bands at the local pub which was basically a new talent contest.
The winners were the Cockroaches.
Never forgot their name.
They tell me they turned into the Wiggles.(?)

bluefox68

Staff member
One Friday night after footy training in 1980 they had a battle of the bands at the local pub which was basically a new talent contest.
The winners were the Cockroaches.
Never forgot their name.
They tell me they turned into the Wiggles.(?)
I think you are right...

Feej

First Grade
Heard that about the :sheep: rooter from many in the biz.
*Uncle Sad supported the Cockroaches at The Palais Royale back in 1989. Two others on the bill were the Mentals & Hoodoos from memory.
What was the name of your band?

Feej

First Grade
I think you are right...
The Only two of the Cockies that we’re in the wigs were Anthony and Jeff. Not sure where Greg came from and I was in a band with Muzz. Still remember being at rehearsal and him telling us about the guys he met at uni and the songs they were writing for their thesis or something like that.

Ahhh, memories....

The Only two of the Cockies that we’re in the wigs were Anthony and Jeff. Not sure where Greg came from and I was in a band with Muzz. Still remember being at rehearsal and him telling us about the guys he met at uni and the songs they were writing for their thesis or something like that.

Ahhh, memories....
Everyone in Sydney is now in a band with Muzz aren't they mate??? Haha.

Ok one slipped through the other day, maybe because I got lost at the Vic with the Psychos until just now.
Andre Williams, 82.
I saw Andre at the Newtown RSL and the next night at the Iron Duke back in the early 2000's
The fella was an awesome performer. He's joining two blokes who played in his band back then, Spencer and Hooper.
RIP Mr. Beamer.

Last edited:
And now Ranking Roger from British 80s ska band The Beat, who I loved for both their snappy originals like "Mirror in the Bathroom" "Twist and Crawl" and "Sooner or Later "and cool covers like Tears of a Clown.

Roger Charlery, the vocalist of the Beat and General Public better known as Ranking Roger, has died aged 56. Charlery died on Tuesday at home surrounded by his family, according to a statement on the Beat’s website.