What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT: Dead hard rockers week

Stake Removed

First Grade
Died at 61 that is a long life for pro wrestlers. A lot of the roided f**ked ones drop dead in the late 40's, mid 50's from heart related problems.

Thank God that Mr Mack-Mannn got his investigators in to make sure that the WWE was and is now a steroid free sport. They must be he guys that now work for the crack NRL investigative Squad.

I remember the epiosde when King Kong Bundy was in Married with Children

taipan

Referee
Old "I'm Spartacus" Kirk Douglas is still hanging in there ,so all's not lost.

His son Michael suffered from sex addiction,wish it was contagious.

I first discovered Dick Dale watching the movie Beach Party (with Annette Funicello and Frankie Avalon) one rainy Saturday afternoon in the late 70s. It was cool of Quentin Tarrantino to introduce Dick to a whole new generation audience with the use of Misirlou in Pulp Fiction, and then the Black Eyed Peas sampling it would have also given Dick some extra pocket money for medical expenses.

Quigs

Immortal
I first discovered Dick Dale watching the movie Beach Party (with Annette Funicello and Frankie Avalon) one rainy Saturday afternoon in the late 70s. It was cool of Quentin Tarrantino to introduce Dick to a whole new generation audience with the use of Misirlou in Pulp Fiction, and then the Black Eyed Peas sampling it would have also given Dick some extra pocket money for medical expenses.

hmmmmmmmmmmmmm ............ Annette Funicello ............hubba, hubba, hubba.

The word "legend" gets thrown around a lot but in terms of having a lasting impact on the music scene few go close to Dick Dale and the influence he had on generations of guitarists.

Apparently he was a prick of a bloke.

Feej

First Grade
The word "legend" gets thrown around a lot but in terms of having a lasting impact on the music scene few go close to Dick Dale and the influence he had on generations of guitarists.

Apparently he was a prick of a bloke.
Heard that about him too.

Never meet your heroes. :)

I think that with all his health issues Dick might be excused for being a prick of a bloke.

I have had some mixed "meting your heroes" experiences over the years, the highlight was meeting a very polite and sympathetic Ray Davies, and last Saturday I exchanged pleasantries with Chain's Matt Taylor and Phil Manning who were pretty laid back and knew how to play the PR game.

Feej

First Grade
I did a subbing gig with the Cockroaches quite a few years ago and met Austen Tayshus at the gig. Rudest merkin I've met in some time. Oh, and when I say rude, I'm not talking salty language.

SadShark

Bench
I did a subbing gig with the Cockroaches quite a few years ago and met Austen Tayshus at the gig. Rudest merkin I've met in some time. Oh, and when I say rude, I'm not talking salty language.
Heard that about the :sheep: rooter from many in the biz.
*Uncle Sad supported the Cockroaches at The Palais Royale back in 1989. Two others on the bill were the Mentals & Hoodoos from memory.