What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT - Game Day - 2023 GF - Panthers vs Broncos

All his drop outs were poor. Even before he was injured. The 2 point winning margin was for a penalty from a drop out. Kenny's try was from a drop out. The kick out on the full - drop out. The entire first half points to the Panther came from Reynolds drop outs.
Yes Lets hope NRL dont see this as a reason to change rules . Coaches and players can adjust. The smart ones anyway ! It sort of reminds me of When the bastardballers changed to 3 point long shots , to accomodate stupid players and coaches that didnt know when to strategically make long shots. At right point they were always worth more than 2 points in opening up defenses . They just made dumb players and dumb coaches more equal .

Last edited:

sladden road

Juniors
Lucky enough for us we have Fitzy who will toughen the team right up like he did at the Roosters right???
Most Juniors players in Penrith come from poor families football is scene as an escape from poverty this is what drives these players, this is why penrith are where they are today.
I reckon this is the key. Look at Leoita. Live in a caravan out the back of his Aunts at 14. Hunger.
The way that the team brings up the west and community. f**kin good on them.

bloody love to have a JFH in our team. Instead our enforcer , BHU(who I couldn’t tackle ever…with the greatest respect) appears to look like a clown and too nice a guy. I’d die walking round the corner to fisher Harris…for BHU I’d be like “sup..let’s get on the bags!!”

They were the *only* two sides that could have played that game. The gap between them and the rest of the teams in the comp is massive. Softest comp that I have ever witnessed.
begs the question.
How does this panthers side go back a number of years?

They are good, let's not deny that fact. But are they that good? I think the competition has definitely gotten weaker.

Comp is struggling for decent halves across the board.

And off field player distractions are at an all time high these days. Life's good.

All his drop outs were poor. Even before he was injured. The 2 point winning margin was for a penalty from a drop out. Kenny's try was from a drop out. The kick out on the full - drop out. The entire first half points to the Panther came from Reynolds drop outs.
I'm truly baffled by those tactics.

Is Reno calling the shots on those plays?

When does Kevvie get on the walkie and say mate, why are you giving penrith soft possession with 20 to go.

It didn't work the first time give it a rest this is the f**king GF. You've got a side so potent in the attacking 20 and you're basically saying here you go knock yourself out.

Mind blown.

Special K

Coach
The way the salary cap works (in that you can't buy a player for next season only the shit players are left at the end of a season) it is almost impossible to take these Panthers/Broncos/Development clubs down.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
They also play young players.

We keep them in reserve grade for years.

Eg Stonestreet, he has wheels, I expect 2 years in reggies before he gets a chance.

Blues Riff

Bench
...or if you want success, get better. Those who don't get left behind.
Fkn ridiculous punishing success.

PJ

First Grade
...or if you want success, get better. Those who don't get left behind.
Fkn ridiculous punishing success.

I don't disagree with that, but do we also then get rid of the cap? After all why shouldn't a club that is succesfull off the field be able to capitalise on their strengths either?

IMO a cap without a draft is not as good

Iamback

Coach
I don't disagree with that, but do we also then get rid of the cap? After all why shouldn't a club that is succesfull off the field be able to capitalise on their strengths either?

IMO a cap without a draft is not as good

Then what is the point on Governments/Clubs spending all this cash on CoE's?

PJ

First Grade
Then what is the point on Governments/Clubs spending all this cash on CoE's?

Don't know, can't be bothered, just think a cap works best with a draft.

Happy to have neither, just think we'd end up with 4-6 teams who share the spoils and the rest make up the numbers.

And for the record I don't begrudge your team yoor success. Since you seem to like reading other teams forums you can read some here where I said I hope you guys win cause they are locals and only players you bring in seem to be unwanted elsewhere.

Iamback

Coach
Don't know, can't be bothered, just think a cap works best with a draft.

Happy to have neither, just think we'd end up with 4-6 teams who share the spoils and the rest make up the numbers.

And for the record I don't begrudge your team yoor success. Since you seem to like reading other teams forums you can read some here where I said I hope you guys win cause they are locals and only players you bring in seem to be unwanted elsewhere.

The instant the NRL has developed talent as x% off the cap, Everyone will start.

At the moment you have lazy teams like the Tigers and Dogs buying from other teams and inflating the market.

You guys did well to keep the core of team away from the vultures. Yeah I saw that, when our time comes to not win it, Hopefully a club who followed that model take it out next.

You guys aren't far off, Spend the Wade money on a good middle or 2

PJ

First Grade
The instant the NRL has developed talent as x% off the cap, Everyone will start.

At the moment you have lazy teams like the Tigers and Dogs buying from other teams and inflating the market.

You guys did well to keep the core of team away from the vultures. Yeah I saw that, when our time comes to not win it, Hopefully a club who followed that model take it out next.

You guys aren't far off, Spend the Wade money on a good middle or 2

Nice of you to say, but we are a mile off.

Need a near new forward pack and an x factor in the backs. Minimum

I fully agree on x% idea. Said many times to friends that the cap is a joke with concessions and third parties and the only people ever caught are from internal leaking.

If it was me I'd have some sort of a points system type cap that was transparant
First grader with 50 games x points
100 games y points
SOO rep z points
International rep would be tricky but work that out.
Each club is assigned a regional area to work with and these are counted as juniors
Discount on the cap for juniors
Discount for 5 years
Discount for 10 years

Draft included but clubs get somethings similar to AFL where they priority pick for academy/juniors so they can cherry pick the best and get benefits from their efforts. Have a trade period so clubs can work together if they want and any other player at end of contract or released/ request release goes into the draft.