What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT - Josh Dugan

Drag Queen

Bench
Look the media re sports and other journalism have got a lot to answer for re trying brainwashing us all into what to think and also to encourage the "outraged" Politically Correct society we have got today, especially on social media.
But I have not full sympathy for sports stars like Dugan (only some). They are educated re that if you earning $800K a year, the sports media are gunna treat you harder than someone on 80K whether it be form or misdemeanours...and like it or not you going be in the spotlight. It goes with the territory as does a politicians and their salary.
But the media will always be there so pay them as much respect as they do you.
I get Dugan has done some good things in society, great, he has the money to donate stuff and more time than most working Aussies in a 12 month calendar year. Good on him for doing stuff for others, fans etc but those same fans also put their hard earned back into the game that you play.
So dont whinge and as Dugan says he is no longer listens to radio or reads papers or hardly on social media so you cant read anything bad to upset you..and stay off social media
Then you have got only news on TV to listen to and abusive people in public...like it was few years ago.
And because of the fishbowl existence NRL clubs keep their players in if you dont do something drastic or stupid in the public eye and keep your nose clean in your own time then you have little to worry about.
I've defended Dugan left, right and centre over the years. In my eyes he is a fantastic footy player (many may disagree). My gripe is that he spoke about his charitable work. Let others speak about your charitable work Josh.

TruSaint

Referee
I've defended Dugan left, right and centre over the years. In my eyes he is a fantastic footy player (many may disagree). My gripe is that he spoke about his charitable work. Let others speak about your charitable work Josh.

Yes, I have to agree.

BTW I am a Dugan fan. Always have been. He has done some stupid things, but who the fook hasnt.

Compared to many others, his indiscretions have been minor.

It was immaturity I think, to raise the instance of the sad case where he raised 15k for a boy that passed. But looking at him distressed, i feel he needed to get t that off his chest, albeit such lovely gestures don't need to be raised at a presser.

Time and place.

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
Ive always been a Duges fan and still am....tbo I was really disappointed when he left us....yes some on here say he is injury prone etc etc but for mine he busted his arse for us time and time again....and he does at times do the wrong thing and gives the wrong impression, but hes no criminal......during the 2017 Origin series at Kingscliffe where the Blues conducted their training sessions my wife and I had the pleasure of talking to Josh along with JDB and Tyson Frizell....we found Duges to be very friendly, polite and approachable..and I might add he trained exceptionally well before we talked..that was the morning after the so called drinking session with Ferguson....to me (and I have been a professional coach to dozens of young men) he didnt display any signs of having had a heavy nite on the terps either by his performance on the training paddock or in his mannerisms that morning ....Im not just defending the bloke but there are good sides to these fellas and its not always noted

st penguin

Juniors
I thought the same thing until I just heard the audio.

You could hear in his voice that he was choking up - I'd give him a pass. It's hard to say the right things when you get emotional.

giboz71

First Grade
I thought the same thing until I just heard the audio.

You could hear in his voice that he was choking up - I'd give him a pass. It's hard to say the right things when you get emotional.

It’s just a maturity thing for Josh. For whatever reason, he continues to make poor choices like being part of that podcast with Fifita. He needs someone to get in his ear and give him some life coaching.

Unfortunately. If he keeps hanging around guys like Fergo and Fifita, it will always invariably end in tears.

giboz71

First Grade
NRL tonight just reported Duges not playing this weekend.

Wonder if It is an injury or it’s a mental health thing. Certainly didn’t look well the other day.

Convenient Sharks will have Ramien on deck who I think is a gun.

Crush

Coach
NRL tonight just reported Duges not playing this weekend.

Wonder if It is an injury or it’s a mental health thing. Certainly didn’t look well the other day.

Convenient Sharks will have Ramien on deck who I think is a gun.
Shoulder

Crush

Coach
Perhaps the being a public dick thing makes it difficult for most clubs to get him a TPA?
Unfortunately for the duges he is extremely injury prone. It doesn't matter if he is a great player (which he isn't) the fact is he is off the park too often to warrant big coin. End of.

giboz71

First Grade
Unfortunately for the duges he is extremely injury prone. It doesn't matter if he is a great player (which he isn't) the fact is he is off the park too often to warrant big coin. End of.

It’s funny when Duges went down, the odds for Sharks winning tomorrow didn’t change one bit. Strange seeing a supposedly marquee player on max coin doesn’t influence the result.

I’m guessing Sharks fans are secretly happy they have Ramien playing instead.

JDHD

Juniors
He blocked me on twitter for saying he was injury prone. Didn’t even tag him, so that means he searches his own name. To that end, Joshua...I know you’re reading this...if you want people to stop thinking you’re a dickhead, then stop acting like a f**king dickhead.

Crush

Coach
Made me laugh the article on nrl.com at the moment about Josh Dugan.
Its not what number is on your back its about the jersey and playing a role in the team (talking about playing on the wing now at sharks).

At Dragons WOULD NOT move to centre because he felt like his best position was fullback and ultimately left the club to play fullback elsewhere. Or centre was OK because Flanno made him feel like the elite athlete he is.
Now winger is fine.

OK Josh, next you'll just be happy to play for the mounties.

possm

Coach
So I wanted to make a thread that hopefully points out how much I think Josh Dugan cops a bit too much hate around here, and from the media in general.

Today Dugan had a press conference where he broke down describing his frustration with always being defined by the worst parts of his reputation. While he has obviously done a fair bit of dickhead stuff, I have always thought he copped too much considering it was mostly silly drunk things. He never assaulted someone, or injured someone, just got on the piss a lot, and I think it's unfair he's often thrown in the same category at Blake Ferguson who literally sexually assaulted a woman.

He spoke today about how the good things he does never ever get mentioned. He raised money for a dying child, does community work, and tries to do good for people, yet is still remembered just for getting drunk and posting something dumb on Instagram.

Dugan has been one of my favourite Dragons players of the last 5 years. He gave his all for our club and I hate to see how some turned on him for leaving despite the fact he'd be crazy not to take the Sharks massive offer. Try and remember the Dugan who cried when he realised he'd played his late game in the Red V last year, rather than the guy who got locked out of an RSL for swearing.

His conference is in this article
https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...k=5bc7173ed164ab9b1c517ffcec1f61a3-1536643637
Dugan should have never butted heads with Millward. He should have just let his manager do the negotiations and kept his comments to himself. Worst case he would have ended up where he is but without bad feelings on either side. Best scenario would have been a stint at right centre and some time at fullback.

Do you really think Mary would choose Dufty over Dugan when Dugan is fit to play?

For Dufty short stints at fullback would be good for his development and as he improves, he gets the job full time.

I can see Lomax moving to fullback this year and once he gets there he will be hard to displace. So where does Mary play Dufty then?

Latest posts