What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT: Metallica are f*cking awesome

sarahk

Juniors
Luckyyyyy, I've got an exam in like 3 hours. Can't wait till summer break to get back into some binge drinking.

hahah good luck! Let's hope neither of us fail. Besides now that you've told me you like classical music, i so can't imagine you binge drinking at all. I imagine you sipping lattes at Syd Uni wearing those checkered shirts and golf hats . Sorry for the stereotype :p

Springs

First Grade
Whatever happened to some nice, decent classical music?
I remember going to a few recitals by Milstein and Stern, beat any mosh pits that I've been in so far.

Good, good. Something we agree on.

Luckyyyyy, I've got an exam in like 3 hours. Can't wait till summer break to get back into some binge drinking.

Binge drinking... ugh.

I have deleted the names of those other 2 because it is blasphemy to mention them in the same post as Metallica

Metallica committed blasphemy when they covered penis* in the Jar. They got nothing on the Dubliners.

mrpwnd

Bench
hahah good luck! Let's hope neither of us fail. Besides now that you've told me you like classical music, i so can't imagine you binge drinking at all. I imagine you sipping lattes at Syd Uni wearing those checkered shirts and golf hats . Sorry for the stereotype :p
Hahaha, reminds me of the stereotype that you can't get into UNSW unless you're an asian.

Awesome can't wait to see'em this Saturday!!

Dont forget your raincoat & umbrella!:sarcasm::D Wednesday night one guy was thrown out for urinating on the patron in front of him.

How do I know this - I am working a second job at ACER.;-)

Wednesday night was the first concert put on sale, so, a lot of hardcore fans. Not enough security to cover the issues, so the cops were called. (They had extra security on last night).

Was able to watch a bit of the show on Wednesday night from the floor - very impressive (even though im not a big fan).

They went 15 minutes over time on Wednesday night - which is very rare for them. Must have enjoyed the Sydney crowd!

(Another fan was despatched on Wednesday night, after runnning around the foyer with his shirt above his head, and pants nowhere to be seen). Too much "ice" with their "coke" I suspect... :roll:

hybrideel

Bench
They change it up every night. Here's last night's set list:
http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/metallica/2010/acer-arena-sydney-australia-13d55525.html

Master of Puppets then Battery was awesome. Nothing Else Matters was obviously a bit slower but they just flowed that straight to Sandman.
f&$k, makes me wish i didn't pass on this one. I went to the 93 and 98 ones which were awesome.
However last night could have done with a little more
for whom the bell tolls
wherever i may roam
welcome home(sanitarium)
king nothing
fuel

Captain BF

Juniors
Last nights concert was AMAZING! I have been to many many concerts over the years and seen many great bands (AC/DC x 4, Kiss x 4, Pearl Jam x 3, Pantera only once unfortunately, Paul McCartney x 1, Neil Young x 2, Van Halen, The Smashing Pumpkins, RHCP, Slash/The Velvet Revolver, Cradle of filth, Steve Vai, Megadeth, Ace Frehley,Powderfinger, Blink 182, Rammstein, Crowded House, Midnight Oil, The Screaming Jets x lots & many smaller Aussie bands) ,... but gee last nights concert is going to be hard to beat....

84 Baby

Referee
f&$k, makes me wish i didn't pass on this one. I went to the 93 and 98 ones which were awesome.
However last night could have done with a little more
for whom the bell tolls
wherever i may roam
welcome home(sanitarium)
king nothing
fuel
Paul Kelly's doing a concert where he plays his entire back catalogue... now if Metallica did that...
I'm sure they'll play those songs at some point.
And yes you should have gone to this tour

84 Baby

Referee
Last nights concert was AMAZING! I have been to many many concerts over the years and seen many great bands (AC/DC x 4, Kiss x 4, Pearl Jam x 3, Pantera only once unfortunately, Paul McCartney x 1, Neil Young x 2, Van Halen, The Smashing Pumpkins, RHCP, Slash/The Velvet Revolver, Cradle of filth, Steve Vai, Megadeth, Ace Frehley,Powderfinger, Blink 182, Rammstein, Crowded House, Midnight Oil, The Screaming Jets x lots & many smaller Aussie bands) ,... but gee last nights concert is going to be hard to beat....
Thinking of trying to get to the final concert in Adelaide. I reckon that will top it

Captain BF

Juniors
Sarahk, IMO the Kings Of Leon used to be a very good band but have found a niche where they can sell shiploads of records without doing anything the slightest bit new or interesting from the previous couple of albums... As for Coldplay... ouch!

Eels Dude

Coach
Whoah can't believe people are comparing Kings of Leon to Metallica. The two shouldn't even be mentioned in the same thread let alone the same sentence.

mrpwnd

Bench
Whoah can't believe people are comparing Kings of Leon to Metallica. The two shouldn't even be mentioned in the same thread let alone the same sentence.
Both sellouts.
I lost faith in Lars when he had that anti-music downloading campaign going.
Disgrace, music shouldn't be about money, should be about appealing to your target audience through your skill and passion.
Metallica lost that after their early 90s era.

84 Baby

Referee
Both sellouts.
I lost faith in Lars when he had that anti-music downloading campaign going.
Disgrace, music shouldn't be about money, should be about appealing to your target audience through your skill and passion.
Metallica lost that after their early 90s era.
Lars is a d!ck, even he knows that. And they may have sold out a bit but they still kick ass