What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT: Metallica are f*cking awesome

Eels Dude

Coach
Both sellouts.
I lost faith in Lars when he had that anti-music downloading campaign going.
Disgrace, music shouldn't be about money, should be about appealing to your target audience through your skill and passion.
Metallica lost that after their early 90s era.

That is true. But the passion and effort they put into what turns out to be essentially a career means they have a right to stand up for it, even if not for themselves then for the struggling musicians aren't making ends meet.

Regardless, as far as live performances go, there's not too many bands who could top Metallica. That alone makes them worth it.

Delboy

First Grade
Brooks and Dunn were brilliant earlier this year, now Big and Rich could be touring, how good would that be.

By the way, what did Metallica record? if it is more hard rock that Blink 182 then I doubt if I know

Antons

Juniors
I also went last night. Without question the best gig I've ever seen. Absolutely Ball-tearing from start to finish!! They may be a bit older but they still put on a great show & they sound amazing. Best songs were Puppets, Battery, whiplash & Orion was awesome!!!

18to87

Coach
f&$k, makes me wish i didn't pass on this one. I went to the 93 and 98 ones which were awesome.
However last night could have done with a little more
for whom the bell tolls
wherever i may roam
welcome home(sanitarium)
king nothing
fuel

Dude they have so many top songs its impossible to play them all in one night. They are trying to change the setlists when they have numerous nights in one place so that people who go multiple times can hear more songs.

They played Bells and Roam on Wednesday FYI.

Eels Dude

Coach
Why not? They're both over-rated. :p

Love Metallica or hate em, no-onel can deny their popularity and their successful longevity. If they break up tomorrow they'll still be talked about in 20 years, whereas King of Leon are just a dull passing fad who'll be forgotten about in two years once everyone realises how unimaginative their sound is.

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
No. Still Led Zeppelin Sydney Showground Feb 1972 is the best rock concert I have ever seen and I have seen hundreds and still do. Led Zeppelin are miles in front of Metallica. Considering the equipment used back then, what those boys Bonham, Jones, Page, Plant, got out of those Marshall Stacks, in my opinion has yet to be surpassed. May go down as one of the best live Rock outdoor shows of all time across Earth.

Avenger

Immortal
No. Still Led Zeppelin Sydney Showground Feb 1972 is the best rock concert I have ever seen and I have seen hundreds and still do. Led Zeppelin are miles in front of Metallica. Considering the equipment used back then, what those boys Bonham, Jones, Page, Plant, got out of those Marshall Stacks, in my opinion has yet to be surpassed. May go down as one of the best live Rock outdoor shows of all time across Earth.

How old are you Casper ?

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
Black Sabbath and Led Zeppelin beat them all.

1971 to 1974/75, best period of live rock music on our shores ever.....
Saw Black Sabbath (a few times), Deep Purple and many others like Jethro Tull, Yes, Elton John, Rolling Stones, etc, at the Horden Pavillion, Sydney Racetrack Randwick, Sydney Showground.

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
How old are you Casper ?

53 - Aug 1957

Very fortunate with music, starting with Juke box in family shop 1961/62 to 1968/69. Then Older cousin, his mate and next door neighbour in Bronte introduced me 1969 to the Doors, The Eagles, Chicken George, Led Zep, Black Sabbath, etc, etc................. heaps of incredible classically trained musos who crossed over to rock (thats what made that era the best ever)

Was involved in the industry during the 1970's, met and mixed with many of the famous.

adamkungl

Immortal
Brooks and Dunn were brilliant earlier this year, now Big and Rich could be touring, how good would that be.

By the way, what did Metallica record? if it is more hard rock that Blink 182 then I doubt if I know

Thrash Metal dude...bit heavier than Blink :)

Avenger

Immortal
53 - Aug 1957

Very fortunate with music, starting with Juke box in family shop 1961/62 to 1968/69. Then Older cousin, his mate and next door neighbour in Bronte introduced me 1969 to the Doors, The Eagles, Chicken George, Led Zep, Black Sabbath, etc, etc................. heaps of incredible classically trained musos who crossed over to rock (thats what made that era the best ever)

Was involved in the industry during the 1970's, met and mixed with many of the famous.

I agree, the 1970's was a great era for music. Similarly the 1970's were the most important and memorable era in film history. Apocolypse Now, The Deer Hunter, Godfather 1 and 2, The Exorcist, the French Connection, Jaws, Rocky, Star Wars and Taxi Driver to name a few.

Latest posts