What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT: Metallica are f*cking awesome

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
I agree, the 1970's was a great era for music. Similarly the 1970's were the most important and memorable era in film history. Apocolypse Now, The Deer Hunter, Godfather 1 and 2, The Exorcist, the French Connection, Jaws, Rocky, Star Wars and Taxi Driver to name a few.

Deep Throat:lol::lol::lol:

ROGUE

Juniors
53 - Aug 1957

Very fortunate with music, starting with Juke box in family shop 1961/62 to 1968/69. Then Older cousin, his mate and next door neighbour in Bronte introduced me 1969 to the Doors, The Eagles, Chicken George, Led Zep, Black Sabbath, etc, etc................. heaps of incredible classically trained musos who crossed over to rock (thats what made that era the best ever)

Was involved in the industry during the 1970's, met and mixed with many of the famous.
Geez you Ramble On

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
No. Still Led Zeppelin Sydney Showground Feb 1972 is the best rock concert I have ever seen and I have seen hundreds and still do. Led Zeppelin are miles in front of Metallica. Considering the equipment used back then, what those boys Bonham, Jones, Page, Plant, got out of those Marshall Stacks, in my opinion has yet to be surpassed. May go down as one of the best live Rock outdoor shows of all time across Earth.

I was there as well, didn't see you though

I hope you realise half of those Marshall stacks were dummies back then.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
If someone paid me to go to a Metallica concert i wouldn't go. Though a lot of people are raving about their concerts, but i still prefer the likes of Kings of Leon and Coldplay ( who will hopefully be coming out here soon).

Kings of Leon are f**king woeful, they' are horribly untalented, and the singer has a very much b grade voice. Theyre still living of 1 song, and only because it mentions the word sex.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
If only i knew who that was :( lol i will youtube him once ive finished my 5000 effing word essay that was due last night :( FAIL.

Just as I thought, you only like that particular music because you're at uni, I use see to see the same little numbnuts when I was there, badges on coats, poor taste of clothing etc, let me guess u like the world famous you am I and the other crap Australian sh*t too?

mrpwnd

Bench
Just as I thought, you only like that particular music because you're at uni, I use see to see the same little numbnuts when I was there, badges on coats, poor taste of clothing etc, let me guess u like the world famous you am I and the other crap Australian sh*t too?
Australian music is pretty sh*t, especially when someone like Peter Garrett was considered one of the biggest artists.

I haven't seen anyone with badges on their coats lately though haha, although for the record I go to uni with my pajamas on sometimes.

sarahk

Juniors

No i actually don't like that music. Really the only Australian music im into is Angus and Julia Stone. I dont think it has anything to do with me being at uni, its just what my taste happens to be. It's always been like that and studying an accounting subject at uni didnt really change that.

But thanks for calling me a numbnut anyway , though i really think you're the one there's something wrong with and not me ;)

the 1970's were the most important and memorable era in film history. Apocolypse Now, The Deer Hunter, Godfather 1 and 2, The Exorcist, the French Connection, Jaws, Rocky, Star Wars and Taxi Driver to name a few.
there were some memorable movies in the 80s too: terminator 2, ghostbusters, die hard, the blues brothers, predator, aliens, raiders of the lost ark, e.t., beverly hills cop, back to the future, batman, blade runner, nightmare on elm street

Kings of Leon are f**king woeful, they' are horribly untalented, and the singer has a very much b grade voice. Theyre still living of 1 song, and only because it mentions the word sex.

Just like all those other Triple J acts that are getting famous for using the word "f***".
Kings Of Leon > all of them still.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Australian music is pretty sh*t, especially when someone like Peter Garrett was considered one of the biggest artists.

I haven't seen anyone with badges on their coats lately though haha, although for the record I go to uni with my pajamas on sometimes.

Yep, it's extemelybad, the talent here is extremely low, just think that you am I r gods here lol, the music is plain sh*t and embarrassing, just being honest, anyone to suggest otherwise is just naive and lives in a box

Lol those people use to annoy the sh*t out of me, i use to see heaps of them, they would play guitar under a tree, hand out flyers etc.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
No i actually don't like that music. Really the only Australian music im into is Angus and Julia Stone. I dont think it has anything to do with me being at uni, its just what my taste happens to be. It's always been like that and studying an accounting subject at uni didnt really change that.

But thanks for calling me a numbnut anyway , though i really think you're the one there's something wrong with and not me ;)

Sure sure, the perception of uni students us that it's cool and intelligent to listen to that type of tripe, the fact is the actual music lacks substance, and terribly low on skill level- you could learn the songs in literally 5 minutes, very sumplistic.

Metallics whilst you may not like then are far more talented then those groups u mentioned, and have been making hits for 30 years now.

I did finance, it doesn't matter what subject, they would hang around ;)

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Love Metallica or hate em, no-onel can deny their popularity and their successful longevity. If they break up tomorrow they'll still be talked about in 20 years, whereas King of Leon are just a dull passing fad who'll be forgotten about in two years once everyone realises how unimaginative their sound is.

Exactly, and the singer has a pathetic voice, yet some think it's good lol his range is embarrassing, if u want to see range look at ack rose, seb Bach or mercury.

Leona are utter crap, I prefer green day lol

sarahk

Juniors
Exactly, and the singer has a pathetic voice, yet some think it's good lol his range is embarrassing, if u want to see range look at ack rose, seb Bach or mercury.

Leona are utter crap, I prefer green day lol

Please add the words 'IMO ' when bagging out bands I like. There are people out there that love them and I couldn't care less if they haven't been around for 30 years, if I like them then they can't be utter crap can they ? The millions of people that buy their albums also don't think they're ' utter crap '. You need to realise that everyone has different taste, doesn't mean they are crap. In my opinion metallica are crap, doesn't make what I say gospel as you all obviously disagree with me.

And I really don't know in what era you went uni in because where I'm at no one gives a flying crap what music you're into . ;)

natheel

Coach
I'm a music fan of a few genres my main genre is punk then metalthen everything else. I honestly don't get the hype around kings of Leon, they're seriously IMO not overly talented.....just there at theright time I guess

fish eel

Immortal
Metallica have become a parody of themselves

Nothing but a bloated money driven corporation of a band

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Please add the words 'IMO ' when bagging out bands I like. There are people out there that love them and I couldn't care less if they haven't been around for 30 years, if I like them then they can't be utter crap can they ? The millions of people that buy their albums also don't think they're ' utter crap '. You need to realise that everyone has different taste, doesn't mean they are crap. In my opinion metallica are crap, doesn't make what I say gospel as you all obviously disagree with me.

And I really don't know in what era you went uni in because where I'm at no one gives a flying crap what music you're into . ;)

Exactly, people have different music tastes, so in future dont come into a metallica thread unless offering something useful kings of Leon etc has nothing to do with metallica or the crap bands you mentioned. You came into the thread trolling.

Alot of people liked and bought the monkeys too, it's just bubble gum music which will shortly be forgotten.