What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT: Parra Stadium sharing

numbers wont add up if more teams start playing out of ANZ, they can not afford to pay too many teams that price for games without increasing membership costs which I assume would not happen.
ANZ Stadium Membership increases each year in line with the CPI.

having said that, As I said the stadium makes 11 million from Membership, then it opens the gates and makes more money.

you do not even have to become a stadium member to get free access. For $140 a year I can get in free to all NRL games.

Yep RAC reciprocal rights, that also means Gold members get Free tickets to the easter show.

disagree with this as just as many people get interrupted viewing with people walking down the isles as get interrupted from walking in front, once you get high enough there is no problem.

There is no problem in the members section if you sit 3 or so seats in from the aisle. The same is true of most of the seating at ANZ.

There would be no problem with the kitchen under the Thornett stand if it was worked properly, they have several people standing around with only on person serving most times.

Disagree, it is not the number of servers that it is the issue, it is the fact that that you have to wait on a server and can't go self service like most modern stadia (MCG Refit, AAMI Park, Suncorp, ANZ, and just have to wait in line to pay).

they say we get similar seats at ANZ but I do not think I get anywhere near the same level of seating, there isno way any stand seats at parra can be compared to the anz ones. Terrace seating may be similar though.
after sitting in the top deck for the 2009 GF, there is no way I will sit there again. I was charged a premium where I would of been better to get the cheap seats in "the bowl". I also don't think the level 4 seating is close enough to the action. Most modern football stadium have the height without the distance of ANZ, as it needs to adapt to different configurations you will never achieve better there.

The first 9 rows of Level 6 are called premium, as are level 4 and all of Level 1 east and west around to 1 bay either side of the tunnels.

No our seats aren't the same, but that is because ANZ is a larger stadium with a different layout.

The Distance used to be a problem, when the stadium opened, now I would say only level has that problem, and maybe level 4 but . . .

You may get used to it but in the games I have sat in L4 I feel I am looking down on the action as opposed to being part of it.

Level 4 rocks, and I have been on level 4 on both sides. If you can't get a feel for the game or feel part of it on Level 4, I feel sorry for you.

Gronk

Staff member
Wanderers take a stand in fight to establish team
Sebastian Hassett

MOVE over Mick Cronin, you're being bumped for Johnny Warren. And Ken Thornett? Step aside, Mark Bosnich is coming through.

That's how the A-League's newest club, the Western Sydney Wanderers, is planning to convert Parramatta Stadium from rugby league's sacred turf to football's newest base.

Just days after the AFL was revealed to have made a move on the home of rugby league, Birchgrove Oval, today Football Federation Australia will reveal how they plan to make their mark on another patch of traditional league territory.

Almost all traces of the Parramatta Eels will be moved aside for the summer months so that the Wanderers - whose name, colours and first players will all formally be announced today - can make the stadium their own when they take up tenancy at the venue from October.

As part of that, they'll be renaming the stands for the A-League season. Warren will be honoured with one of the two main stands at the venue bearing his name, recognising not only his tireless efforts to promote the sport but that he began his career at Canterbury-Marrickville.

The other stand, and the Brett Kenny Hill and Peter Sterling Hill, will also be christened with new names by the football community. They could be chosen from any number of players who have contributed to the region, such as Paul Okon, Mark Schwarzer, Zeljko Kalac, Harry Kewell, Attila Abonyi, Peter Ollerton, Graham Arnold and Robbie Slater.

However, it's thought Bosnich, who played an active role in the development of the new club through the community fan forums, is a logical choice for a main stand.

An official close to the club insisted that while it would be standing its ground on the issue, it wasn't designed to inflame tensions with rugby league.

''With all due respect to the Eels, we plan on making this a football venue when they're not there and somewhere football people feel at home,'' he said. ''We're going to be a major tenant, an equal tenant, and they'll have to understand our desire that when we're playing there, we'll be putting our touch on the venue, even if that means covering up some blue and gold.

''I'm sure they won't have a problem with it and I'm sure the stadium trust will like the idea of the Wanderers doing all they can to attract people to Parramatta Stadium.''

Today's announcement will also confirm many of the long-held rumours about the make-up of the club. Their colours will officially be red, black and white and the club will sport a logo the FFA believes ''blends traditional football with a new look''.

While Parramatta Stadium will host the bulk of their home matches, including their debut as a club against Central Coast on October 6, the Wanderers will also visit Campbelltown Stadium and Penrith's Centrebet Stadium in coming years - and those venues are likely to host the club's W-League and youth league sides.

Young Socceroo Aaron Mooy, 21, will be the first player officially unveiled by the club tomorrow, along with two others, expected to be former Newcastle Jets captain Tarek Elrich and former Socceroo Ante Covic.

More signings are expected to be publicly announced in the subsequent days, with Mark Bridge, Shannon Cole, Labinot Haliti, Michael Beauchamp and Kwabena Appiah-Kubi all having agreed terms.

Recently released Jets defender Nikolai Topor-Stanley is also thought to be close to agreeing a deal.

However, the FFA won't free up the funds for the club to fill its two marquee positions, effectively ruling out a mooted move for ex-Adelaide sensation Marcos Flores.
Read more: http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/spo...ablish-team-20120624-20wj3.html#ixzz1ykJ3GQsG

strider

Post Whore
tell em to go f**k 'emselves .... a stand is a stand

why go to the effort of playing silly buggers with the signs when in a few years time when the novilty wears off it'll just be family and friends watching anyway ..... australia needs another germany 06 for football/soccer to get another shot from the defibrillator

Imagine if the Swans tried to change the Trumper & Bradman stands at the SCG? The cricket fans and the trust would tell them to get stuffed. I bet they retain the "good bits" provided by the Eels like the special gym fit out and the like.

EelsFan05

Bench
Tell them to play out of Blacktown. I'm sure GWS are already giving that ground the flick after this year.

born an eel

Bench
where did the original funding come from?

If the we put in a share of funding for the ground they can get stuffed,
but if it was all from public money, I suppose you can't say much.

oldmancraigy

Coach
why go to the effort of playing silly buggers with the signs when in a few years time when the novilty wears off it'll just be family and friends watching anyway ..... australia needs another germany 06 for football/soccer to get another shot from the defibrillator

You think there's a novelty value for this thrice attempted team anyway?!?!?

I think it's doomed from the start. First 3 games will have moderately small crowds. Then all small from then on.

You think there's a novelty value for this thrice attempted team anyway?!?!?

I think it's doomed from the start. First 3 games will have moderately small crowds. Then all small from then on.

i dont know why they picked parra stadium and not a smaller suburban ground
unless the stadium trust is giving them a mates rates deal there is no way they will earn the rental fee

Gronk

Staff member
I'm guessing that the LC will sponsor them to some degree ? Makes sense to build a relationship that may be mutually beneficial. I bet they'd love the new foyer, escalators & Firehouse.

On game day we could rename the club and cover hall of fame with drop curtains.

Might have to do something with that Price statue. Maybe get some clothes from vinnies and dress him as a hobo from Parra Park.

God-King Dean

Immortal
resize.php

lALL YOUR STADIUM ARE BELONG TO US

Suitman

Post Whore
Bunch of sooks in here.
Who cares what they change the names to?
It's our off-season. They aren't competition for us as we can happily co-exist.
I'm looking forward to sitting in the Mark Bosnich Stand actually.
Go the Wanderers!!

Suity

strider

Post Whore
Bunch of sooks in here.
Who cares what they change the names to?
It's our off-season. They aren't competition for us as we can happily co-exist.
I'm looking forward to sitting in the Mark Bosnich Stand actually.
Go the Wanderers!!

Suity

yet if they were somehow AFL related you'd be going off about them :lol:

BTW - football/soccer is competition with rugby league. They may not play the exact same time of year, but there is still the likelihood of fans taking the path of football instead of league

personally i don't care - i think there is room for all types of footy league/aussie rules/football/(maybe even union but i don't know about that one) - but there is potential competition