What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT Sharpe & Badger to officiate NRL

Link

Wonder if they've been schooled on which teams get the rub of the green and when like the other crew.

Surely aerobically they can't keep up with the pace of the faster games in the NRL.

Some of the pace men in the game sprint away for a try to revert it up to the bunker.

Sorry didn't see the grounding was back on the half way line lol.

cb4

First Grade
Badger is a woeful bunker official. She has been ok in Women's games, however, she was hopeless in NSW Cup.
They are getting 2 games that mean nothing so will get praised, but she is shocking.

Belinda Sharpe isn't much better but seems like she has more authority when she officiates.

fizman

Bench
Old Badge loves a hometown crowd....Hahahahaha.... Not surprisingly, it is a sellout.

cb4

First Grade
I want male representation in their games and their footy show.

Fairs fair, equality right?
Matt Noyen is the lead ref in NRLW - and he is absolute piss.
For some unknown reason, he is the "next best ref" coming through the ranks.
They are setting him up for Origins and Grand Finals and he is just hopeless.

I'm mostly tongue in cheek.

It's funny what equality looks like the other way tho.

Remember channel 9 cricket commentary team getting roasted for lack of "diversity".

All female nrlw wrap looks pretty diverse.

Wonder what would happen too if we started up an all male gym called hardwood to oppose fernwood.

Place would get burnt down by the fems lol

bluefox68

Staff member
Personal opinion:

Sharpe seems decisive and authoritative.

Badger seems quite level-headed. I think she has gone pretty well in the bunker - disagree with cb4.

I actually think female refs can actually be better for the male players, as you have to be a real drop-kick to give a female ref a hard time.

Personal opinion:

Sharpe seems decisive and authoritative.

Badger seems quite level-headed. I think she has gone pretty well in the bunker - disagree with cb4.

I actually think female refs can actually be better for the male players, as you have to be a real drop-kick to give a female ref a hard time.
I personally don't care.

My main point is around tokenism.

If they are up to it then fine.

If the girls can't keep pace with all the games at all standards then what's the point?

You need the ability to keep pace with games of all standards. The top 2 sides pre semis as much as the bottom 2 sides.

Are we just going to schedule them for the shitty games where no one cares?

Why not put them on the cowboys panthers game?

Belinda Sharpe? Is that the one Nicho went off at when she was a touchie claiming that she called three of his passes were forward?

As for Vadger she’s hopeless and get’s effected by home crowds.

FMD don’t go down this road NRL.

Can you imagine if one of them are on their rags. Someone will get send off for back chatting and the penalty count will be 50 for the match.

Bad idea.

Keeping up with the speed of the game will be interesting.

Long time ago I was referring doing touch football, at pretty good level.
When I first started this old ref said you ref the game at your speed, not the players.

Ways of doing this, the experienced refs would figure out, the penalty is in that spot not there.
Talk to players more.
Be interesting to see if the female refs schooled in these tricks

Keeping up with the speed of the game will be interesting.

Long time ago I was referring doing touch football, at pretty good level.
When I first started this old ref said you ref the game at your speed, not the players.

Ways of doing this, the experienced refs would figure out, the penalty is in that spot not there.
Talk to players more.
Be interesting to see if the female refs schooled in these tricks
Try a high quality game going set for set where the ball is in play for extended periods.

There's a reason woman don't play sport against men.

Because athletically they aren't capable of maintaining the same standards.

What are we actually trying to achieve here?

Ref the Nrwl, knock yourself out.

Frenzy.

Immortal
I want male representation in their games and their footy show.

Fairs fair, equality right?
Like x 100.

Been meaning to bring this up. That fluffed up, female footy fiasco on fox is a farce

Belinda Sharpe? Is that the one Nicho went off at when she was a touchie claiming that she called three of his passes were forward?

Can you imagine if one of them are on their rags. Someone will get send off for back chatting and the penalty count will be 50 for the match.

Bad idea.
I said elsewhere that I reckon Sharpe was sitting on a surfboard for the game with the Nicho nothing incident

Frenzy.

Immortal
Matt Noyen is a cucumber.

Quicksilver

Bench

Bad idea.

As if any of the males are good anyway.

As for the highlighted comment, you're even dumber than I thought. Congratulations.

Quigs

Immortal
I don't like refs at the best of times and get absolutely pissed off when the touchies have to become involved in the game and run onto the field pointing and shouting at the players in tackles and when the scrums are setting.

Now with the girls with whistles, when I hear them during the game, continually shouting and squealling during the game it just brings back many bad memories from my drinking past.

Innocently opening the front door and getting abused just because you were late home from the pub. That is the noise of the gals squawking when I watch the games on the TV.

I just don't like it.