What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT: Siege in Martin Place

Seems like it's over. CB I hope your family member is unharmed, best wishes to you.
Feds were all over the airport all night, still here.

Last edited:

webShark

As a non expert , I cannot fathom how this gunman gets bail. Known as an extremist with a vile record. It would seem , if he gets bail just about anyone does. Will change now but too late. The authorities raided 800 homes and one arrest. Clearly alarmed, but their powers are seemingly non existent.

gunnamatta bay

Referee
As a non expert , I cannot fathom how this gunman gets bail. Known as an extremist with a vile record. It would seem , if he gets bail just about anyone does. Will change now but too late. The authorities raided 800 homes and one arrest. Clearly alarmed, but their powers are seemingly non existent.
On bail as an accessory to murder and numerous sexual assault charges. Throw into the mix what appears to be religious fanaticism, questions regarding sanity and its a potent brew. It will be one of the burning issues.

cb4

First Grade
Thank you guys, we were lucky to have our loved one returned to us. Feel terrible for the families who lost theirs.
Very rough time indeed.

Thank you all again, and thanks Webby for the message.

Quigs

Immortal
Very happy to hear the good news for your loved one Cb4.

So sad for those that didn't make it.

Quigs

Immortal
Re the maniac being allowed out on bail.

He is not on his pat malone re being bailed. Interesting fact that has come out is that he had an application to have the charges laid against him dismissed by the High Court last Friday.

I am told the High Court is right near the Coffee Shop. It is a distinct possibility that his intended target was there.

This is not a one off case.

Remember the mental father that bashed his son to death at cricket practice.

Now I don't know what it is like in NSW anymore but here in QLD it is near impossible to get someone held in a Mental facility for any length of time.

AND WHAT IS MAKING IT WORSE ... is the continual cutbacks to all of the related services that are meant to administer such things.

Hi all, no problems in my workplace, we were basically given an early mark at lunch time and I made my way home hassle free. Back at work today as the MLC Centre is not in the exclusion zone. My workplace occupies several floors that used to be occupied by the US consulate.

sharknows

Bench
Glad to hear that news CB......so sorry for the families of those that died. I find it hard to fathom why this looney was still free.

We had 4 people from work holed up in the Cafe, all safe, one taken to hospital with minor injuries. Fortunetly I'm based in Kogarah and not Martin Place. Most of the people in the Martin Place building were told to leave around 3pm. We went to the pub in sympathy.

Frenzy.

Post Whore
Fare evasion, Breach AVO, very minor instances of larceny, obtain money by deception, etc etc

Yeah, all are crimes but the prisons are full of this shit. Half of them don't even get bail.

System is very broken

also was charged with accessory to murder. outcome of that unsure.
his ex wife was stabbed repeatedly and burned.

also charged with sexual assault stuff. to do with being a "healer"

creep

Last edited:

Jaegerex

Juniors
Add to that he had complete disrespect for the legal system RCB. I had been following the murder of his ex wife fairly closely as my mate is involved.
At one point when he was being held prior to bail he requested a court hearing to plead guilty as his conscience was plauging him, went to court and said he was guilty of stealing his cellmates lunch...

Latest posts