What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT: The official "Put Sh!t on Ricky HERE" thread

natheel

Coach
so when was it when he said we were starting to see some good changes after we lost a CLOSE match? Was it round 2 v Bulldogs? i remember him saying "that performance was more pleasing than the win against the warriors last week" Really Ricky?

How about his first presser for Raiders after Cowboys beat them "We will lose more games like that this year"

I really don't know how his thought process works? Because it just says to the players that its ok to lose as long as you put in some effort and that ends up creeping into their game week after week

Gazzamatta

Coach
Errrrrrr Ummmmmmmm.
I almost get as much pleasure out of Canberra loosing as I do Parramatta winning.
And Im sick of hearing Stuart signed/ chased this player or that. I honestly believe the bloke wouldnt know a good footy player if he fell over one. People like Nolan are the ones who found and convinced our latest recruits to come to our club. Do I know this for a fact? Of cause I dont but you only have to listen or look at this Stuart goose to realise how little skill or leadership he posesses.
Yes Im glad hes gone from our beloved Eels but goodness he did some damage. I cant wait for the day his lack of anything to do with our great game sees him wander off never to be seen again.

Maroubra Eel

Coach
Stuart did a lot of good things for us. He cut deadwood and brought in some terrific players. I salute him.

BennyBoy

Juniors
Errrrrrr Ummmmmmmm.
I almost get as much pleasure out of Canberra loosing as I do Parramatta winning.
And Im sick of hearing Stuart signed/ chased this player or that. I honestly believe the bloke wouldnt know a good footy player if he fell over one. People like Nolan are the ones who found and convinced our latest recruits to come to our club. Do I know this for a fact? Of cause I dont but you only have to listen or look at this Stuart goose to realise how little skill or leadership he posesses.
Yes Im glad hes gone from our beloved Eels but goodness he did some damage. I cant wait for the day his lack of anything to do with our great game sees him wander off never to be seen again.

I think you've got that right, no way that dope can identify talent. I'm just grateful he's gone.

millersnose

Post Whore
Best thing to happen for parra for years

You will be joining us next year offering commiserations to the raiders

Ron Jeremy

Coach
so who wants to predict when the inevitable Daily Telegraph article how Stuart built our current side, and the results thus far this year is attribited to Ricky occurs?

You do not need to be a great coach or no coaching ability whatsoever to tell a dozen below average players they are not required the following year.

f**king wanker

Maroubra Eel

Coach
telling a bunch of average players they are not required is a coaching masterstroke? funny that i thought it was results :lol:

It is results, but he inherited that side from the previous gimp. Not much he could have done with it except get rid of the deadwood and make a few astute purchases. This years side is more his side.

Avenger

Immortal
so who wants to predict when the inevitable Daily Telegraph article how Stuart built our current side, and the results thus far this year is attribited to Ricky occurs?

You do not need to be a great coach or no coaching ability whatsoever to tell a dozen below average players they are not required the following year.

f**king wanker

Truly great coaches can do it in a very short space of time and not rely on 5 year plan excuses.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
can someone honestly explain to me how telling players not wanted is a coaching master stroke, seriously, every year teams are cutting players, yet when Ricky did it it is glorified?

anyone can tell a bunch of average players they are not wanted, dont need to be a good coach to do that, i couldve done it, and i wouldve thrown in a few more also

Ron Jeremy

Coach
It is results, but he inherited that side from the previous gimp. Not much he could have done with it except get rid of the deadwood and make a few astute purchases. This years side is more his side.

astute purchases? we offered teh players way above more then anyone else :lol:
pretty much every club was after peats, it wasn't like he saw something that offers didn't, we just offered double what everyone else did as no one wanted to come here to be coached by him :lol:

and with the same players last year they look a lot better this year, and funnily enough those same players can now defend:?

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Truly great coaches can do it in a very short space of time and not rely on 5 year plan excuses.

exactly, and i said it last year the same thing, but i was abused and threatened with my life by those on here :lol:

good coaches turn around sides instantly, too early to judge Arthurs yet, however every player has improved from last year, not regressed like when stuart was coach.

Maroubra Eel

Coach
astute purchases? we offered teh players way above more then anyone else :lol:
pretty much every club was after peats, it wasn't like he saw something that offers didn't, we just offered double what everyone else did as no one wanted to come here to be coached by him :lol:

and with the same players last year they look a lot better this year, and funnily enough those same players can now defend:?

It's a combination of the following:

1. Astute purchases
2. Deadwood cut
3. Nolen's academy
4. Great coaching staff

Latest posts