What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT: The official "Put Sh!t on Ricky HERE" thread

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Stuart did a lot of good things for us. He cut deadwood and brought in some terrific players. I salute him.

He also debuted some quality rookies. Some of them weren't ready for first grade but they were better for the run.

He did a good job, did Sticky. He continued the rebuilding well.

Gazzamatta

Coach
Its very obvious now why The Tiny Toad punted Arthur and hired Pay and that other goose as co coaches. Never have anyone smarter than yourself working for you. Little wonder why every player went backwards last year.
Every player is performing better this year than last so far. I guess thats because Stuart persisted with them last year. Give me a break. I guess if you want it so, anything can be justified. Im not buying into any of that and truth be known, not many are.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Its very obvious now why The Tiny Toad punted Arthur and hired Pay and that other goose as co coaches. Never have anyone smarter than yourself working for you. Little wonder why every player went backwards last year.

Squad morale was undermined by Sticky's razor gang and we didn't have the leadership in the playing group to overcome it. But how do we know we would have gotten better results if he'd not tried to axe so many players at once?

Stuart has won a premiership and a minor premiership as coach, so I'm not buying into all the he-doesn't-know-how-to-motivate bullshit.

Every player is performing better this year than last so far. I guess thats because Stuart persisted with them last year.
Who's playing better?

Hayne, who was injured last year
Radradra, who was a rookie
Tonga, who was injured
Hopoate, who was riding his bike in Brisbane
Sio, who is no better than last year
Norman, who was out of position or in reserve grade
Sandow, who was struggling with personal issues
Mannah, who is no better than last year
Peats , who was out of position or in reserve grade
Moimoi, who is no better than last year
Edwards, who was in reserve grade
Ma'u, who was in reserve grade
Paulo (fair enough)

Terepo, who was a rookie
Gower, who played in a grand final
Allgood, who is no better than last year
Pauli, who was in under 20s
Paulo, who was a rookie

Give me a break. I guess if you want it so, anything can be justified. Im not buying into any of that and truth be known, not many are.
That's because most people are weak and ignorant, and they need scapegoats.

Wizard Sleeve

Juniors
Squad morale was undermined by Sticky's razor gang and we didn't have the leadership in the playing group to overcome it. But how do we know we would have gotten better results if he'd not tried to axe so many players at once?

Stuart has won a premiership and a minor premiership as coach, so I'm not buying into all the he-doesn't-know-how-to-motivate bullshit.

Who's playing better?

Hayne, who was injured last year
Radradra, who was a rookie
Tonga, who was injured
Hopoate, who was riding his bike in Brisbane
Sio, who is no better than last year
Norman, who was out of position or in reserve grade
Sandow, who was struggling with personal issues
Mannah, who is no better than last year
Peats , who was out of position or in reserve grade
Moimoi, who is no better than last year
Edwards, who was in reserve grade
Ma'u, who was in reserve grade
Paulo (fair enough)

Terepo, who was a rookie
Gower, who played in a grand final
Allgood, who is no better than last year
Pauli, who was in under 20s
Paulo, who was a rookie

That's because most people are weak and ignorant, and they need scapegoats.

Hages also won a premiership , doesn't mean we should hand him the clipboard . The year Stuart " won " that premiership he inherited a star studded side and had Gus pulling his strings . I'm pretty sure that he has never improved a sides ladder result from the previous year he coached them .

strider

Post Whore
while he made a few decent purchases and blooded a few young guys through necessity as much as anything, Ricky was an absolute disaster at nearly everything else a caoch should do

I don't own a copy of Coaching 101 but I reckon "player morale" must certainly be one of the key points it emphasises ........ ricky was the most demoralising piece of shit this club has seen - full stop, end of story

BennyBoy

Juniors
Pou I credit you with many very astute insights on the game but that crap re Stuart ain't one of them, it's just plain dumb to defend the indefensible.

BennyBoy

Juniors
while he made a few decent purchases and blooded a few young guys through necessity as much as anything, Ricky was an absolute disaster at nearly everything else a caoch should do

I don't own a copy of Coaching 101 but I reckon "player morale" must certainly be one of the key points it emphasises ........ ricky was the most demoralising piece of shit this club has seen - full stop, end of story

This ^^

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Pou I credit you with many very astute insights on the game but that crap re Stuart ain't one of them, it's just plain dumb to defend the indefensible.

Mate, I'm not going to pretend I know more than a premiership and Origin winning coach.

Just because some risks don't pay off doesn't mean there was a better option than taking that risk in the first place. In management, sometimes you're damned if you do, damned if you don't.

Stagger eel

Staff member
If I'm going to credit Ricky, ill credit him on 2 things...

* the decision to sign and release the players he did to lay a platform for BA to have a competitive squad.

And

* leave

Maroubra Eel

Coach
I think Stuart worked out perfectly. He was the bad guy who had the clean out, and now he's gone so there is no ill will towards towards the bad guy.

Kornstar

Coach
If I'm going to credit Ricky, ill credit him on 2 things...

* the decision to sign and release the players he did to lay a platform for BA to have a competitive squad.

And

* leave

I never had a problem with the projector or the people who's names were on it.......needed to be done and I will be forever happy that he did that.

I was equally happy for him to leave as the way he went about the rumours was f**king pathetic, as soon as he said he would be making a comment after the season about Canberra it was obvious what the comment would be......merkin!

Latest posts