What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Other games

Iamback

Coach
I like mitch Kenny and think he can play a role in the team but the main hooker shouldn't be it in my opinion and at least a contributing factor in the attack.

He is perfect example of the structure failing. Again today Crichton in Dummy half playing eyes up led to a try.

That is key. Lifting the shackles too many players that are too slow when playing structure.

Watch other teams play most tries come from eyes up, A good offload or something

Iamback

Coach
@WestyLife Souffs 1st try. Spotted Meaney out of position so Latrell into dummy half puts kick through for a try.

That is the eyes up footy you can't predict or defend against

BxTom

Bench
Agree the Sharks have no defence, but I see that Dolphins scored three tries off forward passes. Is the bunker blind?

WestyLife

First Grade
Ok. So forward passes are against the rules of the game but can't be ruled on. The NRL is so inept.

It's to do with camera angles being deceiving. They have to be ruled by the on field officials. Unless they get around to implementing the technology we've been hearing about for years to detect forward passes but doubt it happens.

Pumpkin

Juniors
We can't make a decision based on what happens 5 seconds ago. You have to look at the big picture. What happens if Hynes has a blinder next week and Luai plays poorly? Then you'll be saying Hynes should be picked. This is all stupid thinking. Look over a long period of time with a focus on pressure games.

There's no question that over a long period of time that Hynes is a better player than Luai. There's no question that Luai has had more big match experience and performed well. That's what your decision needs to be based on. Not on what happens this week, because it will mean nothing come game time.

I hope they pick as few Panthers as possible. We get nothing out of players being picked besides the likelihood of losing games and potential injuries.
Agree. Two years ago it was great to get big match experience. Isn’t a need anymore…

Ideally it would just be Cleary for mine (ideally it wouldn’t even be Cleary, but zero chance he isn’t picked as there are no viable alternatives). Give Yeo a rest and let’s see Murray struggle with the wrestle-a-thon that is modern day SOO.

Munky

Coach
None of our boys need 'big match experience'.

In a grand final they trampled a pack and team full of Origin players and internationals.

Also JFH, Kiks, Moses and Sorro aren't even eligible for Origin. Spencer beasted it in two GFs with only Samoa appearances.

Spencer might be a smoky for a NSW bench spot this year.

Iamback

Coach
We can't make a decision based on what happens 5 seconds ago. You have to look at the big picture. What happens if Hynes has a blinder next week and Luai plays poorly? Then you'll be saying Hynes should be picked. This is all stupid thinking. Look over a long period of time with a focus on pressure games.

There's no question that over a long period of time that Hynes is a better player than Luai. There's no question that Luai has had more big match experience and performed well. That's what your decision needs to be based on. Not on what happens this week, because it will mean nothing come game time.

That is why Hynes has a way to go. They didn't even win a finals game last year. Until he has runs on the board

Munky

Coach
Teddy is on the decline and Robbo doesn't want to make the call to put Manu at FB.

Hopefully his loyalty lasts for another season or two.