What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Other games

Kilkenny

Coach
I've been assured by a poster on here Luke is already on par and will surpass him next year....
Name and shame? Who’s the poster? I follow the forum closely and I don’t recall anyone ever suggesting SonI Luke would surpass Api Koroisau.

Some including me, suggested given the circumstances the Kenny/Luke combination could work,
never ideal, never perfect but given the issues we have with the salary cap it’s the best of an imperfect situation. The fact we have put ourselves in a decent position is a testament to the coach the team and the imperfect dummy halves.

You take great delight in talking down Tago, Luke, Kenny, Martin, Laui and goodness knows plenty of others but here we are against adversity in a position to compete for the top four if nothing else.

You are such a sad sack. Give yourself an uppercut seriously.

Chins get the wins

First Grade
Name and shame? Who’s the poster? I follow the forum closely and I don’t recall anyone ever suggesting SonI Luke would surpass Api Koroisau.

Some including me, suggested given the circumstances the Kenny/Luke combination could work,
never ideal, never perfect but given the issues we have with the salary cap it’s the best of an imperfect situation. The fact we have put ourselves in a decent position is a testament to the coach the team and the imperfect dummy halves.

You take great delight in talking down Tago, Luke, Kenny, Martin, Laui and goodness knows plenty of others but here we are against adversity in a position to compete for the top four if nothing else.

You are such a sad sack. Give yourself an uppercut seriously.
Yeah it would be crazy to say something like that right @Luke Bowden......

Now let's tackle the rest of your old man ramblings player by player.
Tago is a very good young player who's in the awkward spot of being maybe too small for the backrow but lacks the passing game to play centre so far in first grade. I think he's talented enough to make either work at a decent level.

Soni Luke is being badly found out for what he is, a journeyman type who's always going to be an injury risk.

Martin I f**king love the bloke and repeatedly wrap him. Can play either front or backrow but I think he's better at prop (the man himself has the same opinion) and it looks like Ivan is starting to go that way.

Kenny is a fantastic 14 but lacks the vision to play 9. Will always give 100% and is our best option at hooker at the moment....

Jerome Luai is very talented but can go missing for long stretches unless forced to get involved. His world cup showed how good he can be when he's fully invested but his tiny boot limits his game and he'll always require a dominant 7 who must do almost all the kicking.

Now someone I will "talk down" is Peach. He has no business playing 80mins for a team as good as ours in 2023. At best he's a fringe bench option.

Yeah it would be crazy to say something like that right @Luke Bowden......

Now let's tackle the rest of your old man ramblings player by player.
Tago is a very good young player who's in the awkward spot of being maybe too small for the backrow but lacks the passing game to play centre so far in first grade. I think he's talented enough to make either work at a decent level.

Soni Luke is being badly found out for what he is, a journeyman type who's always going to be an injury risk.

Martin I f**king love the bloke and repeatedly wrap him. Can play either front or backrow but I think he's better at prop (the man himself has the same opinion) and it looks like Ivan is starting to go that way.

Kenny is a fantastic 14 but lacks the vision to play 9. Will always give 100% and is our best option at hooker at the moment....

Jerome Luai is very talented but can go missing for long stretches unless forced to get involved. His world cup showed how good he can be when he's fully invested but his tiny boot limits his game and he'll always require a dominant 7 who must do almost all the kicking.

Now someone I will "talk down" is Peach. He has no business playing 80mins for a team as good as ours in 2023. At best he's a fringe bench option.
Totally agree.

Whino

Bench
How the f**k did the Cowboys finish top 4 last year?

Well done Tigers, but FMD. Couple of Cowboys players have really killed their Origin hopes.

Said a few times on here the Cowboys overachieved last year. They rose up the ladder while teams like the Storm and Roosters fell away the back end of the season. With injuries and fatigue to blame.
The draw is never completely fair either.
They only played the Storm once. They beat the Storm in round 12. Who were depleted. Missing Paps, Hughes, Nas and a few others.

We thrashed them the following week. 22 zip.

They cashed in over the Origin period winning 4 straight.

The last 7 weeks of the season the Cowboys pumped deadbeats like the Tigers, Dragons, Dogs and the Warriors.
They beat our reserve grade side.

They lost against the Roosters twice and Souths once.

They never really claimed a big scalp last year. Maybe Cronulla week 1 of the finals, but imo they weren't worthy of a top two four finish either.

Shouldn't have conceded 60 to the Tigers though. That is embarrassing.

Flashstep

Juniors
Brooks has always shown glimpses of being something, could just never put it together consistently. I always thought he would have been a gun 5/8 behind a dominant halfback, his running game is his biggest strength.