What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Our injuries

hybrid_tiger

Coach
Another three or four yesterday, according to the press conference (mostly shoulders).

Does anyone actually believe this is simply a case of "bad luck"?

Our strength and conditioning department has to be the worst in the competition.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'd even blame those responsible for post match rehab. Getting injuries at the tail end of the season is a reflection on poor body/injury management post games.

macnaz

Staff member
Shoulder injuries aye , it certainly couldn't have happened by using them in the tackle. Perhaps joint tears from jumper grabbing .

TimmyB

Juniors
Personally I think its ridiculous to decide our injuries are the result of poor conditioning with absolutely no real evidence this is the case.

Its irrational. Correlation does not equal causation.

gronkathon

First Grade
Contact injuries cannot be avoided.

Injury management and preparation is directly to blame for the majority of soft tissue injuries and even more so in the delayed return from said injuries

Tiger05

First Grade
Personally I think its ridiculous to decide our injuries are the result of poor conditioning with absolutely no real evidence this is the case.

Its irrational. Correlation does not equal causation.

Its amazing the BS that people come up with. Rugby league is a tough sport. Injuries are going to happen.

Tiger05

First Grade
Contact injuries cannot be avoided.

Injury management and preparation is directly to blame for the majority of soft tissue injuries and even more so in the delayed return from said injuries

And your facts are ????

Stop talking bullshit and trying to make out you know what you are talking about. You don't.

gronkathon

First Grade
This message is hidden because Tiger05 is on your ignore list.

This is the easiest way to avoid the troll.

Tiger05

First Grade
This message is hidden because Tiger05 is on your ignore list.

This is the easiest way to avoid the troll.

This is one of the dumbest posts of all time however most of your posts would fit the same category. You read what I posted and you didn't like the fact (notice the difference between what I post and the stories that you post) that I called you out for speaking bullshit.

You are the number 1 fantasy poster on this board. All your inside information regarding Benji and Robbie and the coaching situation and the board members or whoever is complete and utter horseshit.

Stop making up BS f**kwit.

A troll in my opinion makes stuff up in order to cause drama. You fit that criteria much more than I ever will.

Tiger05

First Grade
Just wait until you see the report. (I'm sure it will be public eventually, everything else has been leaked to the press).

The thing is it will never change the fact that injuries occur if you are being active and rugby league is a tough sport. That report can say whatever it wants but it can't change this fact.

Look at mixed martial arts as an example. Personally I think that MMA is possibly less harsh on the body considering that you don't fight every weekend. Injuries occur though all the time and people take time to heal. In MMA heaps of them are on steroids as well.

I just don't think you can get around the fact that injuries will occur and it will take time to heal.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Its not just the unavoidable injuries, it's the longer-than-expected recovery time.

Tiger05

First Grade
Its not just the unavoidable injuries, it's the longer-than-expected recovery time.

Can this be avoided though ? I don't think so. Put it this way there is definitely no proof that our medical staff are causing injuries or creating longer recovery times.

Latest posts