What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

our main problem

True EEL

Bench
It's lunch time.

Suity

so f#*king what SDM, err i mean Suity?!?!?!

seriously, who gives a flying f*#k if normal, everyday people choose to post on this forum when they can fit in in around their daily routines and lives - as opposed to constantly sitting on this forum - no, lurking on this forum almost 24/7 (on whatever platform is available at the time, internet, smartphone etc), seemingly just waiting for the next post to arrive, so that they can try and degrade it and make a smartass remark/reply to it....??? Ever consider the fact that you and your other mates that fill the selection criteria as listed above are the ones who aren't normal around here, the ones who who should be being ridiculed?! So what if people - again - choose to post at certain times rather than live (ie. waste) their entire lives lurking on an internet forum?!?!

i work for a living Suity, and outside of work, my wife and kids, my family, my friends, a social life, sport and other hobbies take up most of my time.....posting on here is usually an option motivated primarily by my passion for the EELS, but more often than not out of boredom in any spare moments of downtime i actually have....

the end.

broncos2010

Juniors
so f#*king what SDM, err i mean Suity?!?!?!

seriously, who gives a flying f*#k if normal, everyday people choose to post on this forum when they can fit in in around their daily routines and lives - as opposed to constantly sitting on this forum - no, lurking on this forum almost 24/7 (on whatever platform is available at the time, internet, smartphone etc), seemingly just waiting for the next post to arrive, so that they can try and degrade it and make a smartass remark/reply to it....??? Ever consider the fact that you and your other mates that fill the selection criteria as listed above are the ones who aren't normal around here, the ones who who should be being ridiculed?! So what if people - again - choose to post at certain times rather than live (ie. waste) their entire lives lurking on an internet forum?!?!

i work for a living Suity, and outside of work, my wife and kids, my family, my friends, a social life, sport and other hobbies take up most of my time.....posting on here is usually an option motivated primarily by my passion for the EELS, but more often than not out of boredom in any spare moments of downtime i actually have....

the end.

What issues do you have mate ?

Is the bad form of the eels getting to you over the last 2 years ?

doogiehowser_md

Juniors
I always use to think the Warriors always had the worst playing roster season after season because no one wanted to come to NZ and play, but for once I think that trophy belongs to you guys. Which I think is the biggest problem looking from the outside

Your roster looks better next year. But I keep scratching my head about how you recruited both Sandow & Roberts to be your halves when this goes against Kearneys principals and style of play. 1. He's a stickler for structure in the halves, he came from the Storm who are the kings of structure, for the kiwis he initially selected Fien as halfback as opposed to Ben Roberts for a more structured game plan and it worked. 2. He wouldn't select Ben Roberts for the Kiwi squad and told him to go play for Samoa yet he wants him at the Eels now?

True EEL

Bench
I always use to think the Warriors always had the worst playing roster season after season because no one wanted to come to NZ and play, but for once I think that trophy belongs to you guys. Which I think is the biggest problem looking from the outside

Your roster looks better next year. But I keep scratching my head about how you recruited both Sandow & Roberts to be your halves when this goes against Kearneys principals and style of play. 1. He's a stickler for structure in the halves, he came from the Storm who are the kings of structure, for the kiwis he initially selected Fien as halfback as opposed to Ben Roberts for a more structured game plan and it worked. 2. He wouldn't select Ben Roberts for the Kiwi squad and told him to go play for Samoa yet he wants him at the Eels now?

well this is essentially the point i was making above....neither Sandow or Roberts (or Hayne for that matter) are what you class as 'structure' players...they are instinctive players who look to back themselves more than playing to a structure

spiderdan

Bench
it may be that he has an open mind to adapting a squad to the needs of succeeding in a seven month comp rather than being a minimal risk team playing a handful of games over a few weeks.

spiderdan

Bench
How would being flogged at training in Jan/Feb affect out fitness in the latter stages of games in July/August?
would depend on what they are doing in between.

in any sport, you set your long term goals first. then break it down to smaller or shorter term goals so that you know where your sporting performance needs to be at its peak. then you structure the training so that you can build a platform and taper when you need to to achieve that higher level of performance. as you get closer to when you want to hit those highs the quantity should be not as much of a focus as the quality.

Snoochies

First Grade
We find 1 extra try per game or save 1 extra try per game and this whole season is completely different. I like the structure and with the players coming next year, that extra try is certainly there and all those games we lost by less that a try and now games we win and we make the 8.

I like the look of the team and where it is heading. Bandaid solutions never work.

Eels Dude

Coach
We find 1 extra try per game or save 1 extra try per game and this whole season is completely different. I like the structure and with the players coming next year, that extra try is certainly there and all those games we lost by less that a try and now games we win and we make the 8.

Nice idea in theory. But it's not as simple as that.

SDM

First Grade
please see my above post.....that is all.

Hineyrulz post is above, so I will presume you mean that one, and presume that you are letting me know that you prefer to get chinese in the food court then nuggets. Fair enough, it is your choice.

Looking forward to your next postwhile you wait for the bus home whilst still in range of Gloria Jeans free wifi.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
and if Hayne, Sandow and Roberts are all more runners of the ball (rather than true ball-players as your suggesting) - then who is going to direct the ship and actually do all the passing??

Just because they're more runners than ball-players doesn't mean they aren't able to talk/organise and pass the ball.

I think you're confusing playmaking with organising. It's a common fault among league fans.

Sandow does plenty of talking at Souths, and he does plenty of passing before the line. When I say he's more a runner than a passer I mean that when he takes the ball to the line he's more likely to take the defence on than try to put someone else through.

Obviously this is a lot to do with Souths' structure, where everything is set up to attack on the left. I dare say next year there will be a lot more passing at the line from Chris Sandow.

Suitman

Post Whore
Hineyrulz post is above, so I will presume you mean that one, and presume that you are letting me know that you prefer to get chinese in the food court then nuggets. Fair enough, it is your choice.

Looking forward to your next postwhile you wait for the bus home whilst still in range of Gloria Jeans free wifi.

:lol:

Suity

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I keep scratching my head about how you recruited both Sandow & Roberts to be your halves when this goes against Kearneys principals and style of play. 1. He's a stickler for structure in the halves

No he wants structure across the team. This allows the stars to be unleashed to play what's in front of them, while being able to expect their teammates to be where they've been told to be.

Structure hasn't stopped Slater, Smith or Cronk from finding moments of brilliance, has it?

The structure isn't for the best players in the team; it's for everybody else. That's why Melbourne can pluck guys out of reserve grade and still win - because their job is simple and exist to support the stars.

Incidentally, Steve Kearney's style hasn't stopped Benji from starring for the Kiwis.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
it may be that he has an open mind to adapting a squad to the needs of succeeding in a seven month comp rather than being a minimal risk team playing a handful of games over a few weeks.

Fancy a bloke who's been involved with first grade rugby league for close to 20 years not knowing that star playmakers win comps!

I just wish Kearney knew what the rest of the league world knows. And don't forget he came from Melbourne who have mindless robots through the team spine.

Latest posts