What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Our team in 12 months

macavity

Referee
Will surely contain very few of the same names...

I would be astounded if we aren't already trying to move on some underperforming players

Boyd
Jim
Pete
Gagai
Mullo
*someone new
Snow
Adams
Mase
McKinnon
House
Cook

Tets
Rochow

My best guess at Bennett's babes next year....

Eddie, Fuss, Hilder, Sau, Naiqama and a few others to be moved on, contracted or not...e

Burwood

Bench
Kidley and Scott will be in there somewhere as well. Bennett knows the importance of a few old heads in the team so I don't think the changes will be as wholesale as that. 2014 is when the team will be mostly unrecognisable from today.

Jobdog

Live Update Team
Someone mentioned it in another thread - we simply must go after Pearce. We grossly missed the boat by not even making Cronk an offer, we've got to at least make Pearce an offer.

perverse

Referee
let's have a stab...

1. Boyd
2. McManus
3. Tahu... maybe a Mata'utia
4. Gagai
5. Uate
6. Mullen
7. Surely not one of the blokes we've already got. Gids probably.
8. Snowden
9. Buderus or Gidley.
10. Willie/Sims
11. Scott
12. House/McKinnon
13. McKinnon/House

14. Adams. I don't mind the look of him thus far.
15. Sims/Willie
16. Tetes maybe. Rochow could be in there. I'd like to see Cook, but have no idea if he's even on Bennett's radar.
17. f**k knows.

we'll probably have a crack at Pearce. i'd love to have him. i don't get why Bennett has re-signed Roberts, Stig, Davis and even Tyler Sullivan (although i'm not sure if he plays in the halves anymore?)

what's the plan with all those young guys? does Bennett really think his answer is amongst them?

macavity

Referee
Forgot about both kids and Scott ... Doing well.

Add those two and it looks better, but still not great. Need a half desperately.

Jono078

Referee
1 Darius Boyd
2 James McManus
3 Dane Gagai
4 Timana Tahu (contracted?)
5 Akuila Uate
6 Jarrod Mullen
7 Brett Finch
8 Kade Snowden
9 Danny Buderus - He wants to be around for NRL finals again
10 Willie Mason
11 Beau Scott
12 Alex McKinnon
13 Chris Houston
--
14 Kurt Gidley
15 Zane Tetevano
16 Corbin Sims - As good as Tariq?
17 Cooper Vuna

perverse

Referee
Brett Finch?

f**k, he'd want to come for peanuts. is also another bandaid, not a long term solution. i'm also pretty sus on blokes coming back from SL in general. I even had my doubts about Bedsy.

Jono078

Referee
I don't think we're gonna find our long term solution next year?

Finchy's not old really, can be our organizer and distributor. Gets to play for his local team and with mates (Mason).

I really like the idea of trying to get Finch for a year or two.

aqua_duck

Coach
Boyd
McManus
Tahu
Gagai
Uate
Mullen
Kelly
Snowden
Gidley
Sims
Scott
McKinnon
Houston

Mason
Costigan
Tetevano
Cook

No more midgets on the bench, Gidley to play 80mins at hooker, Kelly isn't ideal but he's atleast got flair and is instinctive.

aqua_duck

Coach
Boyd
McManus
Tahu
Gagai
Uate
Mullen
Kelly
Snowden
Gidley
Sims
Scott
McKinnon
Houston

Mason
Costigan
Tetevano
Cook

No more midgets on the bench, Gidley to play 80mins at hooker, Kelly isn't ideal but he's atleast got flair and is instinctive.

perverse

Referee
I don't think we're gonna find our long term solution next year?

Finchy's not old really, can be our organizer and distributor. Gets to play for his local team and with mates (Mason).

I really like the idea of trying to get Finch for a year or two.
it's not the worst idea, but as i said he would want to come cheap. i always felt he got bagged out a lot more than he deserved. who knows what he'd be like after some time in England, though. look at how Orford came back... and Orford was a better player.

perhaps you're right in that a long term answer can't be sought more immediately, though.

Allstar Knights

Juniors
1. Boyd
2. McManus
3. Tahu - Good enough to go another year or 2, imo.
4. Gagai
5. Uate
6. Mullen
7. Gidley
8. Snowden
9. Buderus/Adams
10. Sims
11. Scott
12. McKinnon
13. Houston

14. Kelly
15. Costigan
16. Mason
17. Tetevano

General Knight

Juniors
Based on who we have atm and who we have signed up already:

1. Boyd
2. Macca
3. Gagai
4. Kidley
5. Uate
6. Mullen
7. Albert
8. Snowden
9. Buderus
10. House
11. Scott
12. Tahu
13. Mckinnon

14. Adams
15. Faas
16. Costigan
17. Mason

Johns Magic

Referee
I expect the back five to be Boyd, Uate, Gagai, Tahu and McManus.

Gids and Mullo in the halves.

Bedsy to still be hooker with Adams a fixture on the bench to relieve him.

Mase and Snowden in the prop rotation with Korbin Sims and hopefully Justin Poore if it's true that we've signed him.

Scott and McKinnon to be our starting second-rowers, with McKinnon's hole running to become a crucial part of our attack.

Lock will probably be Houston. Costigan will be the bench backrower.

1. Boyd
2. Uate
3. Gagai
4. Tahu
5. McManus
6. Mullen
7. Gidley
8. Poore
9. Buderus
10. Snowden
11. Scott
12. McKinnon
13. Houston

14. Mason
15. Korbin Sims
16. Costigan
17. Adams

Jono078

Referee
I could live with that, provided we have no significant other signings.

All of us are going

12 McKinnon
13 Houston

Guaranteed it'll be the same as now though with McKinnon off the bench :(

aqua_duck

Coach
I could live with that, provided we have no significant other signings.

All of us are going

12 McKinnon
13 Houston

Guaranteed it'll be the same as now though with McKinnon off the bench :(

McKinnon is a young guy, still NYC eligible, he's also got a lanky frame. Give the bloke 12 months, put 4-5kg on him and he'll be a mainstay of the team.

Stick

Juniors
I've been thinking about Finch too. I think he's better than just a band-aid and could do the job we need of him. But I don't think he'd come for peanuts.

The word at Wigan is he would really like to extend his contract but he has offers coming from all over the SL. If he did come back to the NRL he'd be looking at Souths most likely because of his crush on Maguire. So there is demand for his services which means we need to offer some coin to entice him.

That said, I think he is a much more realistic target than Pearce if Bennett wants to find a half rather than make one. If he can turn Gidley into a decent halfback, he's a much better coach than I give him credit for.

Boyd
Kevin Naiqama
Gagai
Gidley
Uate
Mullen
Finch/Kelly
Snowden
Adams
Mason
Scott
McKinnon
Houston

Filipo
Sims
Faaoso
Costigan

aqua_duck

Coach
I've been thinking about Finch too. I think he's better than just a band-aid and could do the job we need of him. But I don't think he'd come for peanuts.

The word at Wigan is he would really like to extend his contract but he has offers coming from all over the SL. If he did come back to the NRL he'd be looking at Souths most likely because of his crush on Maguire. So there is demand for his services which means we need to offer some coin to entice him.

That said, I think he is a much more realistic target than Pearce if Bennett wants to find a half rather than make one. If he can turn Gidley into a decent halfback, he's a much better coach than I give him credit for.

Boyd
Kevin Naiqama
Gagai
Gidley
Uate
Mullen
Finch/Kelly
Snowden
Adams
Mason
Scott
McKinnon