What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Our team in 12 months

Yosh

Coach
Sorry Yosh, but whenever I see one of your posts I picture this:

come+at+me+pokemon.jpg

Man... I look nothing like that. My cosplay rips the shit outta that nerd:cool:

http://www.theherald.com.au/news/lo...n-to-excel-for-benny/2601115.aspx?storypage=2

Meanwhile, out-of-favour front-rower Richie Fa’aoso is expected to finalise his future in the next few days and is reportedly considering offers from Melbourne and Manly.
It is understood Fa’aoso is considering leaving the Knights before Saturday, the transfer deadline for this season, if he can negotiate the right deal in time.

Are we jumping the gun letting this fella go? Look at the two clubs who are chasing him. Obviously he is rated by good judges. I shudder to think how good he will go under Bellamy. An absolute weapon running hard straight lines and in the wrestle he would be highly effective given time.

Johns Magic

Referee
Richie is the one player being talked about as on the chopping board that I have reservations about. I think he has something to offer but he just isn't providing it at the moment.

I'll be happy to free up the cap space, but won't be surprised if he lifts his form as soon as he leaves.

Quite frankly I reckon there's a bunch of guys at this club who we won't be able to move forward with for whatever reason. Richie is probably one of them.

Frederick

Staff member
If richie goes to either of those clubs he's got a damn good chance of winning the premiership this year, and good on him if he does. Been a favourite of mine since he joined us and I'm sorry to see he's fallen out of favour.

Seems eerily similar to a situation a few years back...player on 99 games quits the club (albeit after playing his 100th, which richie won't get to do), moves the the front runners and wins the comp.

Difference is richie is a champion, newton is the lowest scum on earth

Rod

Bench
Of all the guys who have been in and out of the team this year, Richie is the only one who I feel hasn't been given a decent crack at nailing a spot. Whole-hearted and still has a lot to offer IMO.

Jono078

Referee
Richie started the season well, then I think it was his second starting game against Melbourne where he went to shit and hasn't been as good since.

He's been a great benchie for us, hope he does well, but it wouldn't disappoint me so much if we parted ways now, he isn't the same as he used to be either, whether that's motivation, or not enjoying this year who knows.

EdLondon

Juniors
I think there was some speculation with Ritchie relating to a family issue around that time. But he said in an interview recently that he hated not knowing where he was going to be next year. May have been a combination of both issues and he just didn't respond the way Bennett wanted him to.

Yosh

Coach
Man i really like richie... Hope where ever he goes he does real well.

Does that mean we have space to pick up another forward?

voltron

Juniors
faas has been a favourite of mine
i hope he doesnt go, but if he cant play here, then he might as well
best of luck to him
i wouldnt be surprised if he does win a premiership with either team
adding that impact that tips them over the edge

Frederick

Staff member
The mata'utia's need to go. Pete and Chanel are absolute junk and no point keeping two no hopers on the books on the hope that the other two might turn out. I've seen Chanel bomb so many tries in Toyota cup this year it's not even funny. And he is the sole reason the knights just lost to the tigers.

aqua_duck

Coach
Chanel has always been the worst of the brothers, but he actually has been quite decent overall this year

Jono078

Referee
The mata'utia's need to go. Pete and Chanel are absolute junk and no point keeping two no hopers on the books on the hope that the other two might turn out. I've seen Chanel bomb so many tries in Toyota cup this year it's not even funny. And he is the sole reason the knights just lost to the tigers.
Bout time someone said this IMO.

justagamemate

Juniors
If Mata'utia's brothers do go should we sign Dane Gagai's younger brother? I read he's only 16 and was trailing with the Broncos.

Rolla

Juniors
Are they really a package (i don't know them).... I mean say Pete gets an offer in Sydney, he isn't old enough to move there on his own?

aqua_duck

Coach
I'm pretty sure even if Pete left we'd still be able to keep the younger ones, in any case its no biggy, none of them are part of the top 25 so they'd all be on peanuts. I'd imagine the club would really want to tie up Sione in particular

K-Man

Bench
I think the nature of the salary cap and the modern structure of the game means the brothers factor doesn't into it anywhere near as much as gets made out.

One club is highly unlikely to hold onto 4 outside backs with about a 6-year age gap between them and have them all play first grade.

While the team sheet would be hilarious, especially if we could add Matty Utai to the mix, it will never happen and I doubt even the family itself is expecting it to.

Long term if the best 2 stay and the other go chasing other opportunities it will be a fantastic result for all concerned.

Honestly from what I've seen of Chanel he can pack his bags right now. There's very little I like about his game and I have serious doubts he would make it as a first grade winger.

If Mata'utia's brothers do go should we sign Dane Gagai's younger brother? I read he's only 16 and was trailing with the Broncos.

Dane has more talent in his smallest toe than Sau and Wes combined. We can never let this kid leave. The questions he asks of a defence makes Aku so much more dangerous with space. Dane had Lawrence second guessing all night.