What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Our team in 12 months

Stick

Juniors
I'm suprised those are the only two you have a problem with.

I get the feeling Jimmy is too good to stay on low dosh. I don't think Wayne is comfortable paying heaps for one winger let alone two so while I'd be stoked if Jimmy stayed, I'm preparing myself for his desertion.

I acknowledge Fa'as will have to be playing a lot better than he is to get a contract. I'm holding out hope he will. It's not like he'd be expensive.

Joker's Wild

Coach
Jimmy is doing everything he can to lower his value lately. His best asset, defence, is rapidly becoming a weakness. His inside men arnt helping him but jeez he has made some uncharacteristic misreads of late.

I agree with Fa'as though. I think he will be offered a small contract and he'll take it. I just cant see many clubs looking to make him an offer

aqua_duck

Coach
I'm suprised those are the only two you have a problem with.

I get the feeling Jimmy is too good to stay on low dosh. I don't think Wayne is comfortable paying heaps for one winger let alone two so while I'd be stoked if Jimmy stayed, I'm preparing myself for his desertion.

I acknowledge Fa'as will have to be playing a lot better than he is to get a contract. I'm holding out hope he will. It's not like he'd be expensive.

Well Jimmy isn't off contract so in 12 months he'll still be in 1st grade, Kev Naiqama is off contract though......

I like Faas, but I don't think he's a Wayne Bennett type of footballer and I really don't think he's been consistently good for about 18 months now ( has his good games here and there but isn't someone reliable). Faas is 29 next year, so this next contract will be his last chance to make a decent living out of football, I'd keep him for around $100k a year but realistically he could get 2 and a half times that in the UK because he's got a Tongan passport. From what I've seen of Zane Tetevano, he seems a logical replacement, he runs just as hard, is abit bigger and can play up the middle or on the fringes.

Stick

Juniors
Well Jimmy isn't off contract so in 12 months he'll still be in 1st grade, Kev Naiqama is off contract though.

Kids, this is why you should do your research. I could claim that I was thinking a little more long term but considering the thread title I don't have a leg to stand on.

In that case, is Naiqama likely to wait around long enough? Surely we haven't kept him a secret that well. If Wes isn't in playing firsts, is Kevin sufficiently attached to the Knights to play NSW for two years?

Tetevano would definitely be a more realistic inclusion than Faaoso and I would have had it that way if I were a realist. But reality isn't very attractive at present.

Joker's Wild

Coach
Do we need to look externally for a halfback? Im liking the look of our young NYC halves and how they are developing and would be keen to see one of either Smith or Rouse get a crack at FG soon. Adrian Davis in NSWCup would have to be a chance too

aqua_duck

Coach
I don't know if Kev is a long term proposition especially with 4 Mata'utia brothers waiting in the wings. I think Pat Mata'utia will grab a spot within 3 years, he's a bigger version of Pete

Do we need to look externally for a halfback? Im liking the look of our young NYC halves and how they are developing and would be keen to see one of either Smith or Rouse get a crack at FG soon. Adrian Davis in NSWCup would have to be a chance too

I think that is the big dilemma we face. Many clubs go all out for a playmaker only to discover there deficiencies were their go forward or key positions are not aiming up. A decent halfback can read numbers and when to kick. I think our halves have gone alright. The go forward is clearly the issue. Yesterday we saw what getting aroll on does for us. We for 20 mins played the best footy we have played in a year. Then we second guessed ourselves like we were embarrassed we were back in the game. It was the most bizarre implosion I have ever witnessed yesterday. Like a prize fighter who has has dropped the heavyweight champ on his arse and then lowers his hands because he feels it wasn't his place to do so.

League_God

Juniors
1.Darius Boyd
2.James McManus
3.Dane Gagai
4.Timana Tahu (he needs to bulk up - losing weight hasn't helped him at all)
5.Aku Uate
6.Albert Kelly
7.Mitchell Pearce
8.Justin Poore
9.Danny Buderus
10.Kade Snowden
11.Beau Scott
12.Willie Mason
13.Chris Houston

14.Korbin Sims
15.Alex McKinnon
16. (the other young prop that is supposedly a gun)
17.Kurt Gidley

no way will this team happen, but it's what i'd like to see

Yosh

Coach
I'm gonna lock in:

1. Boyd
2. Aku
3. Gagai

6. Mullen

8. Snowden
9. Bedsy
11. Scott
12. Mason
13. Stagg

17. McKinnon

We just need to fill in the gaps with some decent/good players.

perverse

Referee
lol, it doesn't take poor Jimmy too long to drop out of favour. not sure if Willies future is in the front or back row.

Yosh

Coach
Hmmm... I think Mason can be more damaging running wide, hitting gaps and off loading.

McManus is currently our best pick but just incase Vuna comes back or a new boom youngster comes through.

Big Tim

First Grade
I'm gonna lock in:

1. Boyd
2. Aku
3. Gagai
5. McManus

6. Mullen
7. Gidley

8. Snowden
9. Bedsy
11. Scott
12. Mason
13. Stagg - not confirmed yet, so would not count chickens - Houston

17. McKinnon

We just need to fill in the gaps with some decent/good players.

We miss Gids more than anyone is willing to admit. Seems the NRL forum has turned people against him.

Jimmy will be in the team. He is a guy who will play to a certain level week in and week out.

Can not see Houston being punted. After what we went through to re-sign him, make him captain, and multiple people from the club talking about him being a long term leader...... dont see the hate.

aqua_duck

Coach
I think Houso needs to bulk up 4 or 5kg in the off season, train him to be more explosive even if it's at the expense of his motor and use him as an Aiden Tolman style workhorse prop

Yosh

Coach
I think Houso needs to bulk up 4 or 5kg in the off season, train him to be more explosive even if it's at the expense of his motor and use him as an Aiden Tolman style workhorse prop

Lol you talk as if it's a computer game and all you need to do is give the player an upgrade. Doesn't work like that in real life mate.

At best he'll be a good defensive rock who'll make 40 tackles a game and make 80m a game week in week out. I doubt he'll ever be explosive.

I think Faas needs a run outwide. Defend in the middle but attack the fringes like Fui Fui is doing this year. Could be effective against smaller backs and halves.

Latest posts