Ownership of being wrong thread 2018

Discussion in 'Penrith Panthers' started by umina panther, Apr 22, 2018.

1. Sime_11

Sime_11 Juniors

Yeo was good, soon as he moved to left centre, dogs had nothing - and he gave it back to them with that try. Not to mention him bending their line every time he ran the ball

2. Westernised Panther

Westernised Panther Juniors

Something will be terribly wrong if Yeo doesn't get a call up to State of Origin duties within the next three years

OldPanther likes this.
  3. franklin2323

franklin2323 Coach

Problem is so many backrowers

4. umina panther

umina panther Coach

Ive got one, I was wrong about Leota. He's finally becoming a solid first grader

5. Sime_11

Sime_11 Juniors

Leota is becoming our new matagi imo - solid off the bench and looks good going

6. mxlegend99

mxlegend99 Coach

Yeah Leota has been improved in a few games this year. Maloney has been far better than I expected.

Although our depth is going to be tested this week. I was right about us copping injuries and needing it. I was wrong about how many injuries I expected us to get.

I thought maybe 3 or 4 players tops. Never dreamed we could be looking st missing:

1. Edwards
    2. Mansour
    3. Blake
    6. May
    7. Cleary
    8. Browne
    9. Wallace
    10. Mckendry

All at the same time.

OldPanther likes this.
  7. OldPanther

OldPanther First Grade

If Tamou keeps putting in effort I'll be having to use this thread. He really dug in 2 out of his last 3.

8. Aliceinwonderland

Aliceinwonderland Juniors

Thanks for seeing that. H'e greatly improved. Looks like he's shed some 'baby fat' too. Had a great game last night. The team lost nothing when he came on.

CCJohnC likes this.
  9. mxlegend99

mxlegend99 Coach

I dont think any of us will have to worry about him proving us wrong.

Fingers crossed he does though. No one ever wants a signing to be shit. Well not for the club they support anyway.

umina panther and OldPanther like this.
  10. Vicpanther

Vicpanther Juniors

Still don't rate tamou Still don't rate peach at 6. And still like to see whare in the centers.

But I'm just a sentimental old fart.

Munted likes this.
  11. OldPanther

OldPanther First Grade

Yeah I'd like to be wrong about him. He seems to drop off mentally. Seems to think hitting his numbers is good enough or something.

I have staff like that and it's infuriating when you can see they are much better with effort.

12. TheFrog

TheFrog Coach

He got 1 against the Sharks. That will take him to 10 and 1 behind Pearce, who's out of the running you'd have to think. Don't know if Widdop got points, he was up there, Kalyn Ponga as well, and Brooks has yet to play.

13. franklin2323

franklin2323 Coach

If we win the comp this thread will break the internet

OldPanther likes this.
  14. martielang

martielang Juniors

I was very wrong about JFH. Thought he was very overrated & would struggle to make our 17. He's turned into the complete opposite.

Pomoz, Copperhead and umina panther like this.
  15. franklin2323

franklin2323 Coach

Nice one that. You aren't alone many people that sit in my bay at the footy said the same thing. This is him from 2016 again

16. betcats

betcats Coach

Ive been wrong a lot, I've already owned to up to being wrong on some pre season predictions in the various game threads. I was always big on JFH though. After what he did in 2016 while still NYC eligible I was always confident he was a talent and he had the right attitude.

I think in general the panthers forum is pretty harsh on our juniors and their prospects once they hit FG. They get talked up in the lower grades but if they aren't immediately turning in star performances once the debut then they are considered just solid or nothing special.

I spent years defending guys like Yeo, RCG, Waqa, Dallin as future rep players when the general consensus on these forums was they were nothing special. Yeo is the perfect example, he handled FG better than any 18yo ive seen(including Cleary) and yet because he wasn't bending the line back at 18,19,20 years old(while being built like a rake) he wasn't rated at all. He was always going to catch up physically and always going to be a very good player once that happened, you could just see it in his attitude and how smart he plays. Other players weren't rated for other reasons. Generally speaking if a rookie has the talent and are willing to work hard than their performances need to be taken with a grain of salt, even the best players in the world still make mistakes and have bad games. Rookies are always going to go through that.

17. OldPanther

OldPanther First Grade

Haha RIP internet this October.

I was just waiting for him to stay fit for a while. People mistook injuries for poor form.

18. Copperhead

Copperhead Juniors

I'll own up to this one too.

19. OldPanther

OldPanther First Grade

And my axe!

umina panther likes this.
  20. Fangs

Fangs Juniors

I'm trying my best but I'm literally right about everything. General NRL forum has to put up with my supreme intellect as well.

Might need to start a new thread.

P.S don't search my posts.

martielang likes this.