What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

P.j Marsh

Eels Dude

Coach
I suggest we wait and see. Things are looking positive but will never be certain until he puts pen to paper. Wait till he gets the clearance, then we'll see what happens.

Misty Bee

First Grade
Hurriflatch said:
Misty: Bruno Cullen (Broncos CEO) wasa quoted in the Sun Herald the week after PJ was released from the Warriors stating that Brisbane would be "very interested" in getting PJ Marsh if he passes all required medicals.

So I guess Brisbane are a crap team aswell then :roll:

No, but it doesn't make PJ signed, sealed and delivered as an Eel, either. Nor does, as you are eager to attest, make Brian Smith the best and most adored coach ever! :roll:

Eelectrica

Referee
Just on the original question that Eelamentary asked:
On ABC radio Craig Hamilton said PJ Marsh was coming to Parra Pending clearance (Not exactlty a news flash I know). Warren Ryan followed by saying he had heard that PJ was a great chance of being cleared. :D
It's all good news.

Glenn

First Grade
IF PJ does get cleared and IF he comes back to Parramatta, will be very interesting to see how he adjusts after so long on the sidelines

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Most people already knew it Nulla, but due to the delicate injury he has it was never confirmed.....as a medical clearence was needed.

Morenito

Juniors
Marsh tipped to be in Eels uniform this week
By Steve Mascord
August 30, 2004

Page Tools
Email to a friend Printer format
Former Queensland hooker P.J. Marsh has been given the all-clear to resume playing and is poised to rejoin Parramatta this week.

Marsh, 24, quit the Warriors a month ago after continuing delays in his return from a neck injury suffered last season. He initially played down talk of signing for another club because of uncertainty over his playing future.

But his agent, Jim Banaghan, said last night from London that Marsh received a medical clearance on Friday, while Eels coach Brian Smith confirmed holding talks with the 24-year-old.

Smith said: "He does have some [more] medical tests coming up and we wouldn't be signing him unless the results are positive.

"But we have had some talks and hopefully we'll be able to finalise something in the next few days."

Banaghan said one other club was also bidding for Marsh's services.

Smith's side was beaten 30-20 by Penrith on Saturday night at Parramatta Stadium. That ended the Eels' season after a week of desperate hope they might be able to sneak into the finals.

Advertisement
Advertisement
It was a particularly poor night for their second-rower, Craig Stapleton. He was reported late in the match for a high tackle followed by a forearm to the head of Panthers second-rower Tony Puletua.

Puletua finished the match with an ankle injury and will undergo scans.

Hindy Rulz

Juniors
Marsh tipped to be in Eels uniform this week
By Steve Mascord
August 30, 2004

Former Queensland hooker P.J. Marsh has been given the all-clear to resume playing and is poised to rejoin Parramatta this week.

Marsh, 24, quit the Warriors a month ago after continuing delays in his return from a neck injury suffered last season. He initially played down talk of signing for another club because of uncertainty over his playing future.

But his agent, Jim Banaghan, said last night from London that Marsh received a medical clearance on Friday, while Eels coach Brian Smith confirmed holding talks with the 24-year-old.

Smith said: "He does have some [more] medical tests coming up and we wouldn't be signing him unless the results are positive.

"But we have had some talks and hopefully we'll be able to finalise something in the next few days."

Banaghan said one other club was also bidding for Marsh's services.

Smith's side was beaten 30-20 by Penrith on Saturday night at Parramatta Stadium. That ended the Eels' season after a week of desperate hope they might be able to sneak into the finals.

fish eel

Immortal
So where do we play him???

I'm a bit torn.

I'd love to see PJ run out wearing our number 7, thats my preference, I've always liked him as a half back ever since I saw him carve it up in our lower grades. That scenario has Johnny Morris outside him.

Then we have Tim Smith....do we start him at half, with PJ outside him taking the heat off him???? But then what about Morris....interchanging from the bench or vice versa with riddell????

Third option has PJ in that role.....coming off the bench to add some spark after riddell has been there for the opening exchanges.

I'm assuming for all of the above he is 120% fit.

True EEL

Bench
fish eel

interesting you didn't mention Micahel Witt in any of that?????

i think though with all the possible options in the halves (Witt, Morris, PJ, Smith, Green, Perenara) and BS as coach we will just have to wait and see what happens

for me, especially to start and ease PJ back, i would like to see

6. Morris
7. Witt

9. Riddell

14. Marsh

then again i would also like to see PJ in the 7 directing the team as thats how it "should have been" in 2002 and onwards anyway???????

fish eel

Immortal
I didnt mention Mick Witt on purpose.

When next season comes around, I think that at least Tim Smith will be a better option than Witty. I'm seeing Tim Smith look a much classier player than witt ever looked in premier league. He is much busier, constantly barking orders, telling players were to go, screaming for the ball etc. Witty tends to get lost in a match.

For me, it all depends how PJ goes in the off season, if he has a big one, and kills it in the trials then i'd start him at 7.

CrazyEel

Bench
fish eel said:
I didnt mention Mick Witt on purpose.

When next season comes around, I think that at least Tim Smith will be a better option than Witty. I'm seeing Tim Smith look a much classier player than witt ever looked in premier league. He is much busier, constantly barking orders, telling players were to go, screaming for the ball etc. Witty tends to get lost in a match.

For me, it all depends how PJ goes in the off season, if he has a big one, and kills it in the trials then i'd start him at 7.
Agreed 100%

True EEL

Bench
so a PL halfback gets the nod over a two year NRL player, right form the start of the year at the most crucial position in the team - yep makes sense to me

if Witt misses out for anyone, it should be PJ playing halfback

Stagger eel

Staff member
or we need is to have atleast one of those blokes step up and take the bull by the horns, he needs to show the arrogance of Finch, a neat passing game like Prince, take on the line Orford and a kicking game to rival Sherwin.

I'm obviously not expecting a Johns, however I do expect atleast one of the blokes to be the Man.

PJ Marsh
Michael Witt
Blake Green
Tim Smith
Marcus Peranara
and possibly Thomas Leualai

let the race begin. :D

CrazyEel

Bench
True EEL said:
so a PL halfback gets the nod over a two year NRL player, right form the start of the year at the most crucial position in the team - yep makes sense to me
On that logic neither P Sterling or A Johns would ever have made 1st grade as both had established 1st graders in front of them at the time of their debuts. :roll: