What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

P.j Marsh

COACH STERLING

Juniors
Avenger said:
He has already signed and/or agreed to play with the eels, pending a medical. The eels do not want to announce "PJ Marsh has signed pending a medical clearance." My source is extremely reliable, (ie he would know, before anyone) however he has told me "to keep it quiet." Whether or not it comes to fruition I will be more then happy to tell my fellow Parra forum users who that person was. But only when it becomes official.
You beauty. :clap:

newmanj

Juniors
I believe he will be an Eel in 05, however everything is pending his medical clearance.

I do know that he was made a very good offer, but that it was on an incentive scheme. ie. The more games he plays, the more he gets paid. This is to protect us against a recurrence of the injury, after a couple of games, which might tie up our salary cap. Good, smart thinking, if you ask me.

:D

fish eel

Immortal
Ditto.

I've been told he is pretty much ours....pending that clearance.

I dont think we are going to hear anything official anyway until he gets the all clear.

Parraren

Bench
Either way, it's good to know that top class players are still wanting to come to the club, or in the case of PJ & Chad Robinson, come back to the club after leaving. Obviously despite some rumours re players being "unhappy" under Smith's "school teacher" style of coaching we are still attracting quality players to the club. Go figure.

Avenger

Immortal
exactly, which proves that the "I don't like Smith's structure styled coaching" theory is a myth.

goblet

Juniors
I've heard from a very reliable source also, that Wee Waa has signed Smith for the 07 season.

Goblet

Misty Bee

First Grade
PJ wanting to come back is not a ringing reccomendation for Smith. Marsh, as everyone seems to forget, has a severe neck injury, that has kept him out of football for 18 months. We are relying on a medical clearance for him first.

IF that comes, it's either us or Souths. That is, his old club, runing 12th and a dismal failure, or the spooners. His last club isn't interested -they let him go.

So if you think a player who may never play again, whose only other option is Souths, and who is expressing interest in Parra is a ringing endorsement of our coach, good luck to you. With thoughtlines like that, you'll need it!

BTW, we wouldn't need Marsh had Smith not ballsed up Thorman and Dykes.

Eelectrica

Referee
If PJ gets his medical clearance, I'm not expecting much from him next year. I'd expect him to play at least the first 10 weeks in Premier League. If he starts showing glimpses of what he can do then eventually get a bench spot.
With any sort of luck we'll be able to use the same Halves pairing for the bulk of the year, and bring other people in only in the event of injuries or suspension.
The Roosters have been able to stick with a Finch/Fittler combo for around 75% or more matches and thats what Parra should be aiming for.

Hurriflatch

Referee
Misty: Bruno Cullen (Broncos CEO) wasa quoted in the Sun Herald the week after PJ was released from the Warriors stating that Brisbane would be "very interested" in getting PJ Marsh if he passes all required medicals.

So I guess Brisbane are a crap team aswell then :roll:

Utey

Coach
I still think if PJ comes back to anyone it will be us. He looks intrested in us and i think that the broncos are probably his best shot at playing origin again but surely he wouldnt be thinking about that and jsut thinking about playing full stop. I jsut hope he gets the clearance nescessary to allow him to play.