What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Panthers R21 @ the Gong

TruSaint

Referee
Marshke has been injured fellas.. he went off in that brissie game and hasnt been back.. no idea what the ETA is..

Would be a huge call and huge headlines to be dumping a current origin player when finals is still on the cards.. I get that everyone is angry currently.. but we are stuck with him for now...

Next year is a different story.. but he also has to have somewhere to go who will pay his contract out.

I'm a fan of you Rev, but 2 things.

1.) finals are gone mate. Finito.

2.) next year we will have B Hunt at 7 as nobody now will pay his salary.

Dragon David

First Grade
We have no other 7 in our system.. its why ive been banging on that if we only buy 1 player for halves coverage in the off-season, it has to be someone who can play 7.. we need to give ourselves some options.. and have someone to put pressure on the first grade halves..

I do think Hunt will be better next week though, he looked rusty as hell, not just him though.. a few of them did.. looked like they had played together in a while... they got better as the game went on though...

It's no use a team playing bad in some stages and then good in other stages of a game. We just won't win games. We have got to put in 80 minutes of good football. We just cannot do it. It is as if the players brains have been timed to do different things that results in losses rather than the same things that work.

SAP58

Juniors
We just don't have the cattle to be competitive with the top sides .....
Totally agree that is why the rebuild has to start now. Can’t be done in one year but I really believe Flanno will do it but we will suffer like today & against the Rorters this year in the mean time. Hard to take but we have suffered for 10 yrs another 2-3 is required unfortunately.

JohnnoMcJohnno

Juniors
It's no use a team playing bad in some stages and then good in other stages of a game. We just won't win games. We have got to put in 80 minutes of good football. We just cannot do it. It is as if the players brains have been timed to do different things that results in losses rather than the same things that work.
I think the brain situation is similar to the jersey situation when I played U9's. There wasn't enough to go around, and the players had to take turns using what was available.

Can anyone unpack what we just saw?

It was a must not get smashed game and we failed to deliver

I cannot put my finger on any one reason - way too much to unpack.
Gardenia

we have to play at our very best and hope the opposition plays poorly for us to win a game

Today, the whole side played poorly.

It was as if they were all coming in to work after having been on holidays.

They played like a side expecting to be flogged.

Penrith is a very good side and rarely disappoint.

Wasn’t just our lack of speed, we were outmatched all over the park.

Marshke has been injured fellas.. he went off in that brissie game and hasnt been back.. no idea what the ETA is..

Would be a huge call and huge headlines to be dumping a current origin player when finals is still on the cards.. I get that everyone is angry currently.. but we are stuck with him for now...

Next year is a different story.. but he also has to have somewhere to go who will pay his contract out.
We have no chance of making the 8

Time to trial the most promising KOE players. Maybe even someone from Jersey Flegg.

TheRev

First Grade
Making the 8 was always a slim chance, but were still in it until we play the dogs... were gonna get flogged next week and ppl will be losing their minds in here.. but its not over yet...

Injuries and suspensions will be important also.. think we had 4 or 5 on report today.

Nutz

Bench
Dragons v Tigers in the 2026 GF !
2025 GF Sragons v Tigers ;)
Unlike the regular season, this is not golden point, but rather, the full ten minutes must be played to ensure there is even opportunity for teams to hit the front. If scores are still tied at the end of the ten minutes, it will then become golden point with the teams playing until a winner is found.
What if they keep playing till sunrise and still no result, what if they all die of exhaustion because neither team knows how to win?.
We'll share the trophy. We keep Norm and you keep Arthur :)

Last edited:

Lovemedragons

Juniors
Totally agree that is why the rebuild has to start now. Can’t be done in one year but I really believe Flanno will do it but we will suffer like today & against the Rorters this year in the mean time. Hard to take but we have suffered for 10 yrs another 2-3 is required unfortunately.
Look at Canterbury, they were worse basket cases than us a couple of years back, new roster, smart people in charge and now they are a top 4 team with a bullet. They looked at the Panthers and brought in their excess talent, intelligently. It can be done, takes balls and takes some brains. Nothing will happen until the current management are sent to pasture and we get some people with brains, balls, money and influence back into the ranks.