What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Panthers sign Kingston from Eels

Haynzy

First Grade
Kingston said he wouldn't be receiving that but a base $50,000 contract at Penrith because of their own salary-cap problems.

Kingston, 26, said although his nominal value might now be high it wouldn't be reflected in his wallet, and his wife would still have to work.

I just read about this in the other thread..sorry.

Craig Johnston

First Grade
lesson to be learnt is (take not oz)........ sign players who are about to retire on a massive bonus contract for their last season.

why didn't smoking joe sign one of those?

parra pete

Referee
lol,

so that was you Pete,

how ironic,

perhaps now you may understand the meaning of "unsubstantiated allegations"

It wasn't an allegation. Perhaps you should look up that meaning if you are going to enforce it...and it wasn't unsubstantiated..I was told by a person who would know...
I Posted that I had heard the Raiders were very keen to sign Kevin Kingston..how is that an "allegation"....I did not allege anything...I just exercised my right to freedom of speech which you have stated that, even if you don't agree with it, you will defend to the death my right to express....;-)

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
sorry, I was pretty sure you would understand what it meant ](*,)

I guess I was wrong

Blue Bagger 66

Juniors
this is a real tragedy... i spoke to Kinga yesterday and he was gutted to have to leave. he has built some great friendships at parra and i know that he has won the respect of the parra fans. he will be a fine player for the panthers as they too will appreciate his blue collar style. my prediction is that he will be penriths starter almost from the get go and with a bit of luck he'll prove his worth as a top rate starting nrl hooker, re-establishing himself after being shafted by the sharks. who knows what the future holds... but i'm sure if the chance arises he will one day wear the blue and gold again with pride. go kinga... you're a champion son!

bartman

Immortal
Sounds like Kingston has taken a base $55K deal (with no extra match payments) in the top 25 squad at Penrith for 2010. At least that way his valuation for 2011 should be back down to that contract level, and the guy will have more options open to him.

Shame to lose a player that wants to stay, but we have made various signings and upgradings for 2010, and we just can't keep everyone. Sad fact of professional footy.

Good luck Kinga... and maybe see you back at the Eels (within the cap) for 2011 ;-)

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Sad to see Kinga go, he was great for us this season. But this opens the door for Mitchell or KK.

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
Pete, clearly Matt Elliot isnt giving you the greatest info, I have a contact with Elliot also and he purposely gives out false info, most people involved with clubs do.

Hell, a former assistant at Parra once told me that Brett Kimmorley was a done deal at Parra a few years ago.

The only one who ever game me honest info/opinion is a current board member, and he only gave me his info/opinion before when he wasnt a board member. These days his lips are sealed and good on him. I wouldnt want someone involved with our/any club spilling info to someone they have only met a few times.

Bazal

Post Whore
GOOD LUCK KINGA!!!! Gutted we couldn't keep him, he was fantastic for us behind Keats...

parra pete

Referee
Pete, clearly Matt Elliot isnt giving you the greatest info, I have a contact with Elliot also and he purposely gives out false info, most people involved with clubs do.

Hell, a former assistant at Parra once told me that Brett Kimmorley was a done deal at Parra a few years ago.

The only one who ever game me honest info/opinion is a current board member, and he only gave me his info/opinion before when he wasnt a board member. These days his lips are sealed and good on him. I wouldnt want someone involved with our/any club spilling info to someone they have only met a few times.

No, I haven't spoken to Mat since he has been at the Panthers....

Parra Guru

Coach
All the best to Kinga. Not too far down the road although I wonder if he'll move out of Cronulla to save some serious travel time!

btw Pete, there's only one thing that interests me less than your feelings on Tim Smith, and that's hearing about your contacts at the Canberra Raiders.

Latest posts