What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Panthers v Parra

Jim Rockford

Bench
I know one thing for sure is that you're not winning the GF if you play Melbourne so you better hope us or Parra get there to have a chance..
Maybe,maybe not. However I seem to remember you lot being sure of one thing, that you would beat us last game. How did that work out?

Kilkenny

Coach
Maybe,maybe not. However I seem to remember you lot being sure of one thing, that you would beat us last game. How did that work out?
Jim, with respect I’m not sure what you are trying to accomplish here.

Fair play to your team, you won, enjoy it, you are doing yourself a disservice by these posts.

Well done, your team is in the PF, focus on that game mate.

murraymob

First Grade
We have to focus on our defence .parra struggle when the forwards get halted .Change our kicking game back to gaining territory instead of the bomb obsession we have.turn there big guys around

Jim Rockford

Bench
Jim, with respect I’m not sure what you are trying to accomplish here.

Fair play to your team, you won, enjoy it, you are doing yourself a disservice by these posts.

Well done, your team is in the PF, focus on that game mate.
Mate, despite what some may think I'm not trying to gloat. I'm just responding to a couple of your more pathetic posters who are intent on antagonising me.It's pretty simple, if they let it go then I have no cause to respond. One of them at least probably won't, he is psychologically unbalanced(among other things).

Kilkenny

Coach
Mate, despite what some may think I'm not trying to gloat. I'm just responding to a couple of your more pathetic posters who are intent on antagonising me.It's pretty simple, if they let it go then I have no cause to respond. One of them at least probably won't, he is psychologically unbalanced(among other things).
Let it go, enjoy the ride and good luck in the PF. Let’s leave it that. We have enough to worry about now we are in sudden death.

roofromoz

First Grade
I expect us to beat the Eels. However no matter what happens I am proud to call myself a Panthers supporter. To the Panthers you have given me enormous pleasure the last two seasons and if for whatever reason we don't win the big dance this year a premiership or two is surely just around the corner.

I really do hope so but this year is our best shot

Frankus

Juniors
If Edwards is unlikely to play all 3 games we should just write him off for the season IMO.

Crichton has been pretty good at fullback lately. Makes no sense to pray for Edwards to survive 3 games (ideally) if he's struggling with the injury. Sounds like there's a good chance we could be having to shuffle the team around mid game.

For mine from our 21 named we throw Critter in at fullback and either have Tago at centre, Momirovski on the wing. Or just bring Naden on the wing.

Or I guess Capewell at centre with Momirovski on wing is an option too. The upside is it brings Leniu back onto the bench. But you wouldnt back him to get the job done against Storm defensively so I wouldn't be keen on that.

Tago should have gotten more opportunities through the year so we could have him as a realistic option.
Plantar injuries are difficult to manage. He could honestly be good for 3 weeks but he would need to really rest up and not do much intense training during the week. The issue would be the tissue starts healing and feels fine - you get through a decent training session and think you’re good to go.

Game intensity is another level from training and that’s where the micro tears happen again. Would be slight pain during the game. Agony the day after.

If he can do that for 3 weeks then we should risk it.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
Count me out of that lot. I remember being very hesitant.

I understand Roo where you're comming from. I'm one of those sad folks who is never truly confident before a game.

Last weekend I recall that I struggled to enjoy the game. You could say I was too emotionally invested.

This weekend I am determined to enjoy the game for what it is. Entertainment and a bit of fun. I would love Penrith Panthers to win. but am grown up enough to understand in life you don't always get what you want.

As someone said on twitter after Saturday night's game. The sun will come up next morning, the world will continue to spin on it's axis.....meaning life will go on.

Like many here I've supported the team since the 90's. The lowest of the lows, through the Matty Elliott stare a thon, where Penrith didn't have this wonderful pathways of juniors coming through.

Win lose or draw I will continue to enjoy and love my Penrith Panthers. Because in all things there is always the next game, next year to look forward to. 😻

Kilkenny

Coach
Whoever wins I hope no injuries and not to much gas out of tank. And they go all the way.
May the best team win.

I’m kind of over the Covid interrupted season again.

Another season where we missed out on so much.

Its just not the same feeling, missing half of our home games, potentially missing a home semi against the bunnies which was played in Townsville. Can’t be there.

Don’t get me wrong I crave us winning, but there really is something missing.

This game really worries me, momentum is everything at this time of the season, post SOO form from key players, injuries, luck everything seems to be trending opposite to where it should or needs to be.

hindy111

Post Whore
May the best team win.

I’m kind of over the Covid interrupted season again.

Another season where we missed out on so much.

Its just not the same feeling, missing half of our home games, potentially missing a home semi against the bunnies which was played in Townsville. Can’t be there.

Don’t get me wrong I crave us winning, but there really is something missing.

This game really worries me, momentum is everything at this time of the season, post SOO form from key players, injuries, luck everything seems to be trending opposite to where it should or needs to be.

I would of loved to be at the game Saturday night. A real shame.
A positive is play the Storm notmin Melbourne.

Kilkenny

Coach
I understand Roo where you're comming from. I'm one of those sad folks who is never truly confident before a game.

Last weekend I recall that I struggled to enjoy the game. You could say I was too emotionally invested.

This weekend I am determined to enjoy the game for what it is. Entertainment and a bit of fun. I would love Penrith Panthers to win. but am grown up enough to understand in life you don't always get what you want.

As someone said on twitter after Saturday night's game. The sun will come up next morning, the world will continue to spin on it's axis.....meaning life will go on.

Like many here I've supported the team since the 90's. The lowest of the lows, through the Matty Elliott stare a thon, where Penrith didn't have this wonderful pathways of juniors coming through.

Win lose or draw I will continue to enjoy and love my Penrith Panthers. Because in all things there is always the next game, next year to look forward to. 😻
It’s perfectly reasonable to feel apprehensive, nervous or less than totally confident about the outcome of a game in a two team contest.

There have been some on here who have promoted this notion this NRL season was ours to lose. Given the variables around injuries, form, suspensions and other factors such suggestions were just plain silly. Two horse race some suggested well it is now apparent those who promoted those views have egg on there face and we are in a dog fight for our survival in this competition.

Can we still make the GF, yes we can, while ever we are still alive.

Can we win the GF yes we can, if we get there.

While there’s life there’s hope, just accepting it as a given was always likely to end badly and we are now in sudden death. Forgive me Alice if I was never in the ‘it’s our to lose camp’.

hindy111

Post Whore
Where do you see your squad next season?
Burton,Capewell,TPJ will depart. Players in he squad are all in peak and I don't ee anyone in decline yet. Critchton and Spencer will improve. Tago will come in also who I like a lot. Do you feel you'll be as good or better?

Eels I feel will go into 22 with only losing Fergo who has been a back up. Pensini,Dunster,D.Brown,Kafusi will all be better players based on age and exeprience. And they welcome back Mahoney who is in there top 3 or 4 players. Also a few promising kids who may suprise. Like Penrith nobody is old and in decline. I feel both will be strong next season. I just see more improvement in the Eels side tbh.

The Roosters however are going to be a super side next season and will be hard to stop.

Nealo 12

Bench
You forgot that you are a hypocrite part

pantherz9103

First Grade
Obviously I want us to knock Storm out and make the GF but if Storm do make the GF against you, they'd be heavy favourites and they have the track record in head to head and Bellamy's record v Bennett as well as experience to justify the favouritism. By comparison our experience (youngest squad in the NRL) and finals pedigree isn't too good. That's just my honest prediction not necessarily what I want to happen.

Latest posts