What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Parra 3 2 1s

Valheru

Coach
Well that was a roller coaster ride for sure. Great to get the win in the end and overall a decent performance IMO.

Obviously the BS sin bin on Jared changed everything but we do need to be better in that period. Their only try against 13 men came 30 seconds after Jenko went off and Angus was at centre.

It was great that they wrestled momentum back when they went behind and iced the game with two tries.

The officiating was awful. The fact the LU game day thread featured no one talking about the refs is a great indicator we got f**king reamed. The Manu high shot, Jared sin bin, Jared cannonball and Lindsay being called in goal then being penalized for dissent were all atrocious calls.

Defensively we conceded 18 again but as mentioned the issues were different this week with nothing that I would call soft. Our goal line defence I thought was very good. Also worth noting it's a high scoring season and we have 3rd best defence.

Points are hard because we had two distinct periods of dominance with different players standing up. I guess you got to look at the 2nd period which won the game.

3 Collins
2 Gus
1 Walker

Last edited:

H.H

Juniors
3 - Collins
2 - Watson
1 - Gus

Agree Val, some of that refereeing was disgusting but I too think the boys could've handled some of that situation better. Anyway, it all counts and with a number of players missing, I reckon this week will be tough v a resurgent Dogs.

Well that was a roller coaster ride for sure. Great to get the win in the end and overall a decent performance IMO.

Obviously the BS sin bin on Jared changed everything but we do need to be better in that period. Their only try against 13 men came 30 seconds after Jenko went off and Angus was at centre.

It was great that they wrestled momentum back when they went behind and iced the game with two tries.

The officiating was awful. The fact the LU game day thread featured no one talking about the refs is a great indicator we got f**king reamed. The Manu high shot, Jared sin bin, Jared cannonball and Lindsay being called in goal then being penalized for dissent were all atrocious calls.

Defensively we conceded 18 again but as mentioned the issues were different this week with nothing that I would call soft. Our goal line defence I thought was very good. Also worth noting it's a high scoring season and we have 3rd best defence.

Points are hard because we had two distinct periods of dominance with different players standing up. I guess you got to look at the 2nd period which won the game.

3 Collins
2 Gus
1 Walker
This was the most impressive thing for me. Having a 16pt lead taken away from you, you couldn’t be blamed for thinking their heads might drop but their defensive effort only intensified to the point that Parra couldn’t work the ball out of their half without piggybacks or a Roosters handling errors. By contrast we made big yards almost every set and took back control of the arm wrestle.

The calls this game was a new level of low and inventiveness.

3. Collins
2. Gus
1. Watson