What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Parra Future / 3P - Move on

Suitman

Post Whore
Oh once again the standard Suity ploy, start arguing about your argument and not the one at hand.

I wasn't laughing at the loss, indeed as I said, I was concerned, but as I said I was laughing at Ram's ignorance with his statement that the club is at the brink.

Oh and, once again, a standard MITS reply - ignore the real issue which is the loss, as opposed to someones grading of said loss.
Suity

TheRam

Coach
MITS, Sorry would love to sit, chat and tear you apart, but the footy's on. Ciao. Maybe later.

I'm not sure what you want me to prove????

That very little seems to be being done about it besides pinning our hopes on a lost cause???????
Well clearly I can't prove it, just as you can't prove i'm wrong, however you will not I used the word "seems". It appears from the outside that the club is hoping that the Pokie Tax will be either reduced or overturned. Clearly not going to happen.

What else are they doing???
Well it SEEMS not a great deal at all to me.

So your telling me you have seen nothing else from the club in terms of reducing costs? Nothing at all except the pokie tax statements?

Suitman

Post Whore
MITS, Sorry would love to sit, chat and tear you apart, but the footy's on. Ciao. Maybe later.

It's a shame Ram. I'd love to sit here and watch someone try and defend the current administration, but alas, I've got a meeting to go to.

Suity

Oh and, once again, a standard MITS reply - ignore the real issue which is the loss, as opposed to someones grading of said loss.
Suity

Once again trying to spin the argument your way?

I didn't start talking or indeed laughing about the loss, more the complete over reaction to it. I personally think Ram is a laugh a minute.

junior009

Juniors
So your telling me you have seen nothing else from the club in terms of reducing costs? Nothing at all except the pokie tax statements?

Sure they have tried to reduce some costs nut these have been merely comsmetic public relations exercises. They have to appear to be doing these sorts of things. None of these cost cutting measures, repeat, none of these cost cutting measures is more than a drop in a $7.8 million ocean.

So as far as I'm concerned Mark, to answer your question, no I haven't really seen anything else from the club.

fish eel

Immortal
I dont think anyone can really make a true informed opinion on how were are travelling financially until they see the annual report, and see if we are going backwards or not.

I think saying we are in dire is a bit of a stretch - but I do think things are concerning.

Gronk

Staff member
I think Suity is referring to reports which havent been refuted that the club is $20 million in debt.

Yep, but I think HJ was saying that the club could not be blamed for asset write-downs because of the downturn in the commercial property market.

I don't know about the $20M in debt, sounds bad. But if they are supported by income from those assets which adequately service the debt, then the actual amount of debt is irrelevant. You have to look at the big picture rather than just speak of the debt.

Having the Mews joint 3 parts vacant wouldn't help the bottom line however.

mickdo

Coach
250px-DefendersIII1.jpg

Delboy

First Grade
Just be careful how we describe debt, obviously there are assets and liabilities.

Debt is taken on to improve and grow an asset position generally, and I would imagine the Mews and the balconies at the club would have had to be financed , and hence there is a liability for their construction cost.

However, falls in revenue are not helpful and we need to look at revenue streams for the NRL club to take the cost of funding them from the bottom line of the Leagues Club.

All in all, you can be in debt, and still have a healthy asset position, I am not saying that this is necessarily the case but we should look at this in a more balanced way.

What we need at the moment is some transparency if you like, from the factions on both side seeking election. to help us understand how they reduce the $5-$6 million per annum that funds the football side of the club. Strange how that amount is almost exactly what the hopeless NSW Govt sucks out of our club, anyway that aside, debt financing if used correctly should help you grow going forward.

The balance sheet in a sense will tell us all more

Latest posts