What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Parra R 26 Now or Never.

SAP58

Juniors
Flanno said it all on the presso. Unless he goes to the local a grade and gets some players he won’t be making any changes!!!
we simply don’t have the roster
We have very little resources
NRL
Thr game of the haves and have nots
We actually do but they are a couple of years away from being ready for FG. Unfortunately at the moment we get a couple of injuries & we cannot compete. It will turn in a couple of years Flanno cannot fix the mistakes of the past 10yrs quickly but he will if given the chance. You can see in the press conference he is taking it personally.

SAP58

Juniors
We can’t get confused, only getting beat by four points — it was a disgraceful first half,” Flanagan said. “I apologise to the Dragons’ fans, sponsors, everyone. It was just not good enough.

“I’ve got to take ownership for that, it was just not good enough for the Red V jersey. That first 40 minutes was just not acceptable.
Asked if it was more frustrating that the Dragons shot themselves in the foot, Flanagan said: “Yeah, exactly.

“We were terrible, absolutely terrible. Looked like our first day together.”

While the final 10 minutes completely changed the game as the Dragons ran in five unanswered tries to almost pull off the most incredible comeback in NRL history, Flanagan said it didn’t hide the fact the performance was “unacceptable”.

“The first half wasn’t acceptable for this jersey, and we need to be accountable for it,” Flanagan said. “The score in the end, it gave us hope ‘you only got beat by four’ — nah, I’m not going to cop that.”

Flanagan again apologised but said to fans “stick with us”.

Good for him, the players should collectively hang their heads in shame.
Agree I think a couple of players lost contracts today !

Revesby boy

Juniors
I have been a cricket coach for a long long time and I actually stepped aside for a couple of years because of what a spectator once said to me “ it must really hurt when the Coach wants to win more than the team “ I really feel for Flanno , some players are just soulless money grabbing parasites, yes you know who you are !!!!

I really feel Flanagan desperately wants success but the players don’t give a shit. It’s time to get ruthless and shovel them out the door, we all know who the worst offenders are.
The players are just not good enough. How many are picked for Origin? That tells you eough.
For a lot of the season attitude hasn't been the issue.
Just purely not talented, skilful or fit enough.

Flanagan himself will be less than impressed with recruitment for next year. We might break even with Lomax out and Holmes in but not enough to make a marked improvement.

Couchmans will be the upside but the squad as a whole is 2nd rate and I reckon Flano knows it. He promised the fans huge signings...not long before people turn on him next. Not saying it is deserved but it's just the nature of this footy club.

John moz

Juniors
It says a lot about the juniors we keep under our systems they are not up to nrl standards.
Wishart/ bostock / Garrick/ .
Juniors move on to better structures in their development .

Gareth67

First Grade
I just watched the presser, the last question by the journo was seriously the worst question.
DO YOU SEE ANY CHANGES MADE FOR NEXT WEEK, THANK YOU NRL PRICKS FOR Suspending Kyle Flanagan, No Suli, No Liddle, no Christian, the NRL got there wish come true.
Common on guys let's all help flanno fill a busted team, I'll play Prop.
Guess what NRL tuckers, No more footy for me
I used to play fullback and occasionally wing eons ago , however I will certainly pitch in to do my bit . 😳

R&WTILLIDIE

First Grade
It says a lot about the juniors we keep under our systems they are not up to nrl standards.
Wishart/ bostock / Garrick/ .
Juniors move on to better structures in their development .
This team is too stupid to identify talent and let gun players go whilst keeping juniors like the Feagai brothers and Blake lawrie. Then signing over the hill blokes to compliment these deadshits.

matPORTS

Juniors
The way some players went today was akin to a sales team in the corporate world committing a $1million deal for a financial quarter, then backing the deal out on the last day of the quarter! What would happen to that sales team in those circumstances? I’m sure they’d be sacked !!

Dragon David

First Grade
Nrl wanted us to lose for Brisbane to make 8 3 tries disallowed by bunker never seen before in a game so obvious
Well your theory was blown to smithereens JM because the Broncos were absolutely strangled by the Dolphins this evening and they will get done next week by the Storm.

The Broncos season is dead and buried old son. There is no conspiracy by the NRL, ASIO, CIA and FBI to ensure certain teams make the finals. Results cannot be rehearsed and played out to the letter for a particular team to come away with a win. You cannot have one team saying we have got to lose today because the NRL want this team to beat us and the ref and bunker will help that team win. Its - if you are good enough you win and if you are not that's bad luck.

Conspiracy has no place in any sports and those who try to cheat get found out soon enough.

Dragon David

First Grade
For all that has been clamouring for Ravalawa to be in the side - today showed exactly why he isn’t
Rava has fallen through the cracks big time. Three mistakes early in the game cost us and set the tone for this loss. There are no conspirators in this, just plain bad luck that Tui was out injured and Liddle was pacing the floor at the maternity suite. But, Parra had Moses out, and out for many games so the Eels is unlucky as well this year.

Rava should have been left right out and remain out in the last game of our season.

HenryTatana

Juniors
The only positive out of this is that it must be obvious to Flanno where the weak links are in his roster and who folds first under pressure. I think he is the man to remove those lacking the skill and resilience to take this group to the next level.
And top of the list my friend is the captain. A big game player not, nor a leader. Just like that manager we’ve all had at work when things go pear shaped it’s not their false fault but somebody else’s.

Texmex

Juniors
Mate, a fan would watch the match.

We came back and it was exciting.

We showed grit.
I’m a fan,,traveled hours to see the game. Just embarrassed. Wore the mighty red and white- and Stopped at servos and Macca’s on the way home and got chipped at each one about how bad we are! So sick of copping it b/c my team don’t turn up to play. So disappointed.

Texmex

Juniors
I’m a fan,,traveled hours to see the game. Just embarrassed. Wore the mighty red and white- and Stopped at servos and Macca’s on the way home and got chipped at each one about how bad we are! So sick of copping it b/c my team don’t turn up to play. So disappointed.
Meant to add, I reckon we showed bugger all grit 2 tries just after 1/2 time is deplorable. Tried at the end when the cellar dwellers are playing their mad money doesn’t make for grit.