What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Parramatta Eel Eric Grothe Jr told to find new home

eel01s

Bench
I purely used him as an example, I know what we need but are the coaching staff looking at a replacement or are we just letting blokes go and sacrifising depth for the sake of it?

OK. Let's hope the staff are looking at every possible way of securing the likes of a Kaufusi for next season.

Gronk

Staff member
All good. It might prompt interest in Guru by other (OS?) clubs or might be the rocket up his arse that he needs to get serious for 2009.

lewiscook

Juniors
this is crazy,
some club is going to pick grother up and hes going to be great!
why can't the bunch of dregs at our club give this guy a chance....
only last yr he played origin for f**ks sake!
im sure he hasn't been playing up to the standards, but we no hes capable dont we?
so why cant we work to this level an play him! clubs feeared fronting this bloke last yr!

Hagan mate i used to like you....
first it was Tim Smith now its grothe!
your munted seahorse of a coach!

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I cant see Guru going OS, he just doesn't seem to have the passion and has too many distractions and other interests here.

Surely some one will pick him up.

spiderdan

Bench
there are other players i would let go before grothe.

when he is on he offers more to the team than our other wing options.

The Colonel

Immortal
All good. It might prompt interest in Guru by other (OS?) clubs or might be the rocket up his arse that he needs to get serious for 2009.

This is right. Seems there are too many distractions for him at the moment and maybe he needs to work out if he is a footballer or a musician. Might be the right rocket.

I think its funny that people are going :crazy:now when this has been mentioned on more than one occassion already this season through the media. I'm pretty sure it first came to light through RLW that his manager had been told to look elsewhere.

You would assume that Grothe may also be being dangled to bring Kaufusi into the club. Some people were complaining that a big enough carrot wasn't being dangled to do so - those offering up Burt are only doing so based on agenda.

It would seemingly be OS clubs that are being lured as most clubs have completed their buying for next season and few are searching out wingers.

Bigfella

Coach
the irony in all this is that he's still a better winger than Tautai and is sitting on 99 matches.

if he signs else where and we don't have a ready made replacement than we're all entitled to blow up imo.

He is also one of our best front rowers in effect.

Hopefully Hagan will get his wish and get rid of Grothe and Moi Moi so we have a nice docile pack of forwards who play safely on our side of the advantage line with no power.

Worst manager of retention and selection I have ever seen this bloke.

fish eel

Immortal
This is right. Seems there are too many distractions for him at the moment and maybe he needs to work out if he is a footballer or a musician. Might be the right rocket.

And if he really doesnt have the desire to reach his potential and get back to his best, we are paying him too much money for him to play for Wenty.

His form was very poor when he was dropped.

If he isnt part of the plans for next year, he should be shopped around, particuarly if freeing up money allows us to strengthen areas that need it, like the front row.

strider

Post Whore
dogs and canberra would have some spare cash now - canberra seem to have lots of good young backs, but maybe the dogs could use grothe??? .... i'd say if he goes to a new NRL home, we'd still be paying a portion of his salary for next year - thats often the case with NRL clubs taking on other clubs cast offs

so we told fui he couldn't leave unless we found a suitable replacement - if we dump grothe's salary and sign kafausi but keep fui, would fui's management then have the sh*ts we didn't let fui go even though we found a replacement?

Gronk

Staff member
dogs and canberra would have some spare cash now - canberra seem to have lots of good young backs, but maybe the dogs could use grothe??? .... i'd say if he goes to a new NRL home, we'd still be paying a portion of his salary for next year - thats often the case with NRL clubs taking on other clubs cast offs

so we told fui he couldn't leave unless we found a suitable replacement - if we dump grothe's salary and sign kafausi but keep fui, would fui's management then have the sh*ts we didn't let fui go even though we found a replacement?

Fui doesn't have a manager. He apparently handles negotiations himself.

stuke

Bench
surely this is an effort to get Kaufusi into the blue and gold next year. it would appear almost certain the Fui will be leaving at the end of next season, so we desperately need to get someone else in now to strengthen the pack and not leave it until he actually leaves.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
The Daily Telegraph can reveal that Eric Grothe Jr was told this week he is free to negotiate with rival clubs despite having a further two seasons to run on his contract.
One rule for clubs and another for players.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
A contract is a contract, blah blah blah.

But when a club is not happy they have no issue ditching a player.

Glenn

First Grade
In his current form a defensive liabilty and no great loss if he goes elsewhere, doesn't seem to the have the passion and/or hunger to play NRL presently and a very big question mark will that hunger/passion return.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
So if Eric had said look I ain't happy I want to go negotigate with others, but was playing well, the club would be cool?

The Colonel

Immortal
A contract is a contract, blah blah blah.

But when a club is not happy they have no issue ditching a player.

Did you stop at the start of the article?

Eric has a contract here for the next couple of years and we are happy to honour that," Hagan said.
"If he wants to stay, he can.
"All we have done is give him the option of having a look elsewhere and seeing what's out there and seeing if there is an opportunity for him."

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/sport/nrl/story/0,27074,24214397-5016547,00.html

Do you jump up and down when the Sharks shop Ben Ross around each season?