What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Parramatta Eels Holden Cup & Junior Reps Thread Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forty20

First Grade
Looked pretty good in the back end of 2015 but he didn't blow me away by the same token. That said I am interested to see where his development takes him this year in a roster that has turned over a fair amount of talent.

Stagger eel

Staff member
So off the top of my head we should see the following names in our 20s squad for this year

Anthony Layoun
Atini Gafa
Mason Carutto
Tui Olapu
Abbas Miski
Mick Doolan
Troy Dargon
Jack Miller
Jack Morris
Tyrell Fuimoano
Bev French
Alex Twal

Can you add anymore names forty?

Forty20

First Grade
Zac Nicholls, Zac Masters, Amanaki Manu and Kelepi Manu are new recruits if my shitty pre-season scouting is right. Likely to be more fresh blood as well given the size of the paper squad assembled here.

Other potential returning NYC players or expected graduating SG Ball players include:

Denzal Tonise
Joey Tramontana
Nifo Seve (?)
Dane Auckafolau
James Tasipale
Cameron King (although Delboy may have said he was cut)

Parra47

Juniors
What was the name of the back rower I think we picked up mid 2015, he played a bit of Ron Massey Cup. Is he still with the squad?

parra pete

Referee
http://www.mapsports.com.au/news/122-fellows-becomes-an-eel-till-2018.html

Fellows becomes an Eel till 2018.
Wagga Kangaroos product Matthew Fellows has signed on with NRL Parramatta Eels for 3 seasons.

The Group 9 reperesentative had a breakout 2015 season where he not only went to the Country Rugby League Championships with his group team, but he also was selected to play at the NSW Schoolboy Carnival at Toronto NSW where he represented Southern CHS with aplomb.

The elusive backrower is enjoying his time in Rugby LEague having grown up with AFL, which is quite common in the Riverina of NSW. Discussing the signing with the Eels, Matts Father David commented, "I come from a mad AFL family and Matt has been steadfast in his love of Rugby League. He definately has a passion for it and the past 12 months have given him a lot of confidence as he has mixed it with the next level at representative games. The process of trialing with a few clubs has done wonders as he turned up the Eels trial knowing what was coming and was prepared for it, made the adjustments and played really well. I am very happy for him, but now the real hard work starts."

When interviewed about Matt signing with the club, Anthony Field who is the list and recruitment manager for the Parramatta Eels said, "Every now and then these trials toss up a smokey that aren't in systems, and that is the point of having these trials. From the second he touched the ball you could see that extra 10% in Matt and to know there is mostly upside in him gives us confidence that after he goes through our development plan with him, we shoud have a footballer that shaould come down to compete at the highest levels."

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
Sounds like a good fellow. I just hope that signing him to a long term deal doesn't mean that we lose out on a good 13 year old. I wonder what he thinks the seating at Parramatta should be?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts