What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Parramatta Eels Holden Cup & Junior Reps Thread Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

parra pete

Referee
Have you seen him play Pete?

What sort of Player is he ?

No, Twizz, I haven't..He plays in a different Group (He's in Group 9), my Club is in Group 20.
I'll ask about him. I have a real good mate who is involved with CRL Development ...he is a Parra fan also..I'll ask him...

Gronk

Staff member
Schneider signs with Eels for 3 seasons
Aspiring Rugby League star Kyle Schneider has agreed to terms with NRL powerhouse, Parramatta Eels.
Schneider, who is a product of The Entrance Rugby League club on the Central Coast in NSW, blossomed in 2015 oin a year that saw him selected for and Captain NSW Combined High Schools, win the presigeous Hunter Sports High TPS Junior Player of the Year Award and also go onto achieve higher rep honours in Oz Tag with NSW and Australian selection achieved.

When discussing the move to the Eels, Schneider said "Parra are a well known club with great junior development programs in place. To be given the opportunity to play for such a proud club is amazing. The players and coaching staff have welcomed me with open arms and made me feel right at home. As for my future I have both short term and long term goals I want to achieve and I believe I can do this under the guidence of the Parramatta coaching staff. I need to continue developing my game and prepare myself both physically and mentally for what ever challenges are thrown at me.."

Parramatta Coaching and Recrutiment Manager, Anthony Field added, "We are happy to have a player like Kyle joinging our club. It is important for us as an organisation to go out and get the very best players available to help sustain the structures that have been designed and implemented to get the Parramatta brand back to the top of the competition. Players like Kyle are rare, and for a young man to carry himself with the poise, composure, readiness and metal toughness that he has, is a credit to him and his surroundings. He has been here for less than 8 weeks and has already been recieving rave reviews for his tenacity, work ethic, knowledge and coachability. We are very excited about what the future holds here at Parramatta for Kyle Schneider."
Everyone at Map Sports wishes Kyle the very best for the future.
http://www.mapsports.com.au/news/125-schneider-signs-with-eels-for-3-seasons.html

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
No, Twizz, I haven't..He plays in a different Group (He's in Group 9), my Club is in Group 20.
I'll ask about him. I have a real good mate who is involved with CRL Development ...he is a Parra fan also..I'll ask him...

cheers Pete

Delboy

First Grade
Anyone heading off the the junior rep trials at St Pats tomorrow?
Just got back from St Pats, saw both Matts games and the first half of the first Ball game.

Penrith apparently played their first choice side in the first game, they won 4 tries to 2. Parra played awful , completed about 4 sets in the whole game, and generally overplayed their hand and dropped the ball conrinually, the conditions played to Penriths style of bash it up the middle footy. Someone said that there has been little ball work, all fitness and beep trials , so they make the split on Monday , so we will see who gets picked as the first game is in 3 weeks:shock:

Second game Parra were convincing winners even if the score was 2-1. Best player in that game was Schneide who played hooker and led the team around the field from dummy half. This game was slower than the first one with the Riff playing a second string team, generally Parra mixed up the teams

38 players in total, , 25 make the side, balance I think go to the Western Academy

The Ball side were leading 2-0, most obvious thing was their ball playing in the forwards, quick hit ups and short balls to players in support, pretty much Cayless style. Good 7, may have been Seve but didn't have a team list

Started to pour, so someone may have stayed for the second half and the following Ball game

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
Yeah I was down there. SG Ball first game ended up being 4-0. Jesse Cronin was the standout in that game for mine wearing the number 13. Second game ended up being 4-2 to Parra but we won comfortably with best on field for mine being Harry Brown. I think it was Harry wearing the white jersey with the faded #6 on the back.

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
Thanks guys, that makes sense. Although I don't see how country kids getting told they're no good is any different to city kids getting told they're no good.

Thanks guys, that makes sense. Although I don't see how country kids getting told they're no good is any different to city kids getting told they're no good.

I broadly agree. I guess one difference is that in many country towns there's not a lot of depth of players, and the good ones spend longer playing 'out of their class' and maybe there's a bit of a bigger 'coming back down to earth' when they step up a grade? Also, they typically have to leave home to discover that.

Its open to interpretation isn't it.? I mean you can't geographically categorize how tuff physically or mentally a player is on where he is from.? Players should be judged on an individual basis, there are positives n negatives for the argument. Watched the Parra Matts game today & Sg ball, i think more city kids in both teams would be more dissapointed than the so called country boys who i thought were standouts in both Matts & Ball.. Only my opinion though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts