What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Parramatta Eels Holden Cup & Junior Reps Thread Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.
What were everyones thoughts of today's games in the Harold Matthews cup & Sg Ball.? Would like to hear peoples opinions on who the standouts were.?

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
Stand-outs in Harold Matts. The 2 opening front-rowers in the Gold team. I believe they were Mark Tepu Smith and Phillip Fenane. The fullback in the Gold team was immense and seemed to be everywhere, he stopped 2 almost certain tries on his tryline and wasn't shirking the attacking responsibilities either at one stage he went down with cramp and then in the next set took a hit-up and on the very next play he saw an opportunity for 2nd phase and pushed up for the offload. Was great to see, John Paul Nohra was his name.

In the SG ball in the Gold team both centres Ethan Parry and Noel Auckafolau, in very limited minutes Tui Afualo still looked his powerful self forcing 4 players to tackle him on the try-line but he still got an offload away he did go for a big hit that left a hole in the defensive line though. Then also Sean Keppie, Benny Valu and Michael Tupou were very good in the forwards. In the Blue team I was impressed with Taufa Afu (right centre), Siaosi Mauvau (prop), Jesse Cronin (prop) and finally in both teams PJ Vaigalu (utility forward) his late footwork and speed make up for his lack of size.

Forty20

First Grade
The other one who caught my eye but I haven't got a name for was the #24 in the SG Ball trial. A big backrower that split time between the edge and the middle. Played strongly in attack and defence.

Could not agree with you more in regards to the starting 2 front rowers in the yellow harold matts team, very impressive, standout was mark tepu smith in my opinion. I know a few boys didnt play including stefano - seve - and a few new boys. J.p the full back was very impressive as well both in attack and defence. Hopefully all goes well for the harold matts as i think they could be a very good team. only got to watch a little of SG ball but from what i did see number 4 in the center was very good along with the starting lock. good luck to all the boys who make final cuts

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
Yeah the number 4 in the SG ball team (gold team) was Ethan Parry. It was a shame we didn't see him contesting a kick as he's very good in the air and he's quite tall I'd say he's about 188-192cm tall. But boy is he fast.

Forty20

First Grade
The halves will be an interesting spot of contention for the Harold Matthews. A couple of blokes showed some nice glimpses and I think it may have been Tyrese Figota (Gold #6) that had one or two sublime runs but none of the candidates really took over the game individually.

The SG Ball on the other hand, while largely rudderless across both games due to playing some outside backs in the halves, were resting Travis Turnbull and Alex Seve so I am pretty confident that we are set there!

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
The #4 for the Gold 15's was also immense and seemed to play in the halves towards the end of the match. Good running and kicking game on him

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
Just wanted to point out that Zac Masters has been signed by the Eels. Nothing confirmed officially but his name did appear on one of our EPK's regarding Tyrell Fuimaono and the rookie camp "The fourteen Eels to participate were Tom Amone, Sean Anderson, Dane Aukafolau, Troy Dargan, Michael Doolan, Thomas Field, Anthony Layoun, Zac Masters, Jonathan Mose, Faimanifo Seve, Jamie Stowers, Denzal Tonise, Joseph Tramontana and Tyrell Fuimaono" http://www.parraeels.com.au/news/2015/12/18/fuimaono_you_come_ou.html

I've also heard that we've signed Amanaki Manu from Victoria, and Kelepi Manu from SA.

so does anyone know when & where parra matts & ball kids are playing this week & next.. Keen to go down & watch as iv herd there are a few new faces in both teams.

Bigfella

Coach
Just wanted to point out that Zac Masters has been signed by the Eels. Nothing confirmed officially but his name did appear on one of our EPK's regarding Tyrell Fuimaono and the rookie camp "The fourteen Eels to participate were Tom Amone, Sean Anderson, Dane Aukafolau, Troy Dargan, Michael Doolan, Thomas Field, Anthony Layoun, Zac Masters, Jonathan Mose, Faimanifo Seve, Jamie Stowers, Denzal Tonise, Joseph Tramontana and Tyrell Fuimaono" http://www.parraeels.com.au/news/2015/12/18/fuimaono_you_come_ou.html

I've also heard that we've signed Amanaki Manu from Victoria, and Kelepi Manu from SA.

You'd have to think we are topping the league for off season recruitment of Kelepis

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
From what I've heard not for a while, there's still some sorting out to do with some players. This was told to me last week so things may have changed between then and now.

hindy111

Post Whore
How does it look too be shaping up? Do you see our team being a finals team this year?
I guess a lot depends if Fuimano-Bevan-Twal play here or for Wenty.

Also there was a winger from last year still eligbile. I heard a few guys saying he looked a talent the back half of the season.DO you know his name?

Status
Not open for further replies.