What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Parramatta Eels Holden Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.
For example 4 parramatta juniours in the bulldogs nrl team tonight

You do understand that the simple maths of the situation make that inevitable to an extent? Any team that has significantly greater numbers of juniors than the average team is going to find that an abnormal number of its juniors end up playing at other senior clubs. Work it out. Easts don't suffer from this problem.......and it's not just because they are perfect judges of junior players' ability or potential......there's just not that many of them. So even if Easts were terrible judges of ability, you wouldn't see that many players at senior level at other clubs.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
For example 4 parramatta juniours in the bulldogs nrl team tonight

How long ago were they at the Eels though? Since Nolan came in the only bloke we've lost that went on to play NRL is Daniel Tupou. And he was already turning 20 and off contract. We had no advantage and the Chooks just outbid us.

unknown1

Juniors
You do understand that the simple maths of the situation make that inevitable to an extent? Any team that has significantly greater numbers of juniors than the average team is going to find that an abnormal number of its juniors end up playing at other senior clubs. Work it out. Easts don't suffer from this problem.......and it's not just because they are perfect judges of junior players' ability or potential......there's just not that many of them. So even if Easts were terrible judges of ability, you wouldn't see that many players at senior level at other clubs.

Yea thats a fair and reasonable point ! there just is more parra juniours playing nrl elsewere then for parramatta ! and if Nolan was doing a great job the 20s wouldnt be going as bad as they are ! although time will tell to see if he can get it right

Yea thats a fair and reasonable point ! there just is more parra juniours playing nrl elsewere then for parramatta ! and if Nolan was doing a great job the 20s wouldnt be going as bad as they are ! although time will tell to see if he can get it right

What if the better young players are playing NRL or injured (Tanginoa)? To the extent that the U20s are weakened by call ups to to higher grades....that's partly a sign of success (and of course a lack of success in the higher grades).

magpie4ever

First Grade
Poo Poo, you wont listen old china - there are better players running around in park football (20 and under) then your current u20s squad. Your scouts and selectors have no idea.

I still stand by my post from the 14/07/13. And yes Poo, my son is still connected with Parra.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I still stand by my post from the 14/07/13. And yes Poo, my son is still connected with Parra.

I still stand by the fact that if they were any good they would be playing for some other NRL club's under 20s team. How about the three clubs below us on the table.

If we gave a f**k about NYC, Pritchard and Paulo would be playing for them this weekend.

And we're not allowed to talk about family members on this site so shut the f**k up about your son. I'm sure he's awesome for Guildford.

magpie4ever

First Grade
I still stand by the fact that if they were any good they would be playing for some other NRL club's under 20s team. How about the three clubs below us on the table.

If we gave a f**k about NYC, Pritchard and Paulo would be playing for them this weekend.

And we're not allowed to talk about family members on this site so shut the f**k up about your son. I'm sure he's awesome for Guildford.

There, there little man; mummy's here, don't cry.

Only, reason he was mentioned is because every time I comment you attempt to make a derogatory comment, saying I have a personal issue with Parra for dropping him (which is not true - either, the personal issue or him being dropped).

I stand by my original post - the scouts are selecting the wrong type of young footballers and overlooking too many naturally talented young blokes.

magpie4ever

First Grade
You should be a scout mate. You seem to know who the future superstars will be.

You could be the next Cleal.

Reckon, I would be better then the present mob.

I know all 16 clubs plus some can sign juniors from anywhere, but really Parra should have first dibs on their top juniors but they miss or overlook so many.

Question: should any Parra age team (HM. SG Ball or NYC) be running 13th out of 16, given their junior talent pool and should they be copping hidings (Penrith, Canberra, Canterbury etc)?

murraymob

Coach
There, there little man; mummy's here, don't cry.

Only, reason he was mentioned is because every time I comment you attempt to make a derogatory comment, saying I have a personal issue with Parra for dropping him (which is not true - either, the personal issue or him being dropped).

I stand by my original post - the scouts are selecting the wrong type of young footballers and overlooking too many naturally talented young blokes.

seeing how parra are going in the u20 perhaps magpie has a point

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Reckon, I would be better then the present mob.

I know all 16 clubs plus some can sign juniors from anywhere, but really Parra should have first dibs on their top juniors but they miss or overlook so many.

Question: should any Parra age team (HM. SG Ball or NYC) be running 13th out of 16, given their junior talent pool and should they be copping hidings (Penrith, Canberra, Canterbury etc)?

Under 20s is the first age group where every player is under contract and therefore teams are evened out by a salary cap.

With our under 20s we have most of our cap tied up in a handful of stars - don't forget we've had more under 20s play NRL than any other club this year, and we equalled Canberra with the most players in the under 20s State of Origin.

Also, most of this year's under 20s squad are eligible again next year. Out of today's team less than half of them turn 20 this year. Guys like Pritchard and Tanginoa (who both didn't play) are 19 this year.

Nolan is doing fine.

unknown1

Juniors

That is possibly the dumbest thing ive ever heard ! of course there are some good players that dont make 20s and slip through the ranks ! also plenty of players that arnt featured in the 20s go on to play NRL you dud

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
That is possibly the dumbest thing ive ever heard ! of course there are some good players that dont make 20s and slip through the ranks ! also plenty of players that arnt featured in the 20s go on to play NRL you dud

How many players born after 1988 (the oldest players eligible for the first season of NYC) have played NRL without playing NYC?

I reckon you won't even be able to name one. You dud.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts