What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Parramatta Eels Holden Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
ref definitely killed us in the second half be we killed ourselves off in the fisrt half, we were never gonna win that one

Sio still knows how to sniff out a try, very promising kid

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
ref definitely killed us in the second half be we killed ourselves off in the first half, we were never gonna win that one

Sio still knows how to sniff out a try, very promising kid

Nikki

Coach
Just a few pics from todays game

26833_419892753017_645213017_5166409_3252114_n.jpg

26833_419892773017_645213017_5166411_5720883_n.jpg

Dutchy

Immortal
I am assuming a few of you can tell me, I missed the 20s game. How did Magnus "The Viking" Stromquist go for Manly? Red headed big 2nd rower.

parra pete

Referee
Yeah he went OK. Cunningham had a good game, so did Billy Hopoate.
Couldn't believe how much pudden David Penna has put on. Was he a half back or a prop? Looks like he had eaten a sheep....or a flock of sheep...:lol:

Fathead

Bench
Pat is a good kid but needs to up the weight a fair bit. OK hes what ... almost 200cms ?? and nearly 100kgs ?? On his frame he needs another 10 kgs AT LEAST.
He has the skill but will get smashed in NRL if he doesnt hit the big weights pronto.

Delboy

First Grade
The worse call was when Ken Sio caught the ball in goal, both feet inside the goal line when he jumped, and the merkin calls a goal line dropout. They score from the next set of plays, when it looked as through the chaser was offside.

It was an ordinary display of decision making, all second half, and the holding casll was very dodgy. but then again we lack dominant halves in all grades.

The Colonel

Immortal
Pat is a good kid but needs to up the weight a fair bit. OK hes what ... almost 200cms ?? and nearly 100kgs ?? On his frame he needs another 10 kgs AT LEAST.
He has the skill but will get smashed in NRL if he doesnt hit the big weights pronto.

Needs to hit the weights but remember he was still eligible for the Under 18's last year despite playing a good deal in the 20's. Stil a bit of growing and you would assume some filling out to do.

I'm sure our strength and conditioning coach would be well aware of what he needs to do.

Glenn

First Grade
Apparently the referee in question was Gavin West, a bit of googling and is shows he is a top rated touch football referee.
May I suggest he sticks to that.

Didn't watch the whole game but I thought Brien had a good game. He reminds me of Dave Woods... hopefully without the injuries.

Stagger eel

Staff member
in a squad that doesn't exactly bristle with talent, Rory Brien and Paddy are 2 guys that stand out, Ken Sio is another that I have a great deal of time for..

The Colonel

Immortal
Seems young Morgan had a pretty good game as well. Morgan and Brien were let down by their handling more than anything.

parra pete

Referee
I thought TK Amosa went well, and prop No 17 had a go...Fullback Jayden Tevita ? went walkabout for most of the match.

Kornstar

Coach
2 disgraceful calls against us but other than that we were flat, the heat really seemed to take it all out of us, not much different to the NRL side tbh, probably could have come back and won it like the NRL side had we actually got those 2 calls.

in a squad that doesn't exactly bristle with talent, Rory Brien and Paddy are 2 guys that stand out, Ken Sio is another that I have a great deal of time for..

I agree, Not too much talent in that team. The way they were playing yesterday you would think that Fairleigh was still coaching. Very disapointing.

Stagger eel

Staff member
I agree, Not too much talent in that team. The way they were playing yesterday you would think that Fairleigh was still coaching. Very disapointing.

well the funny thing is Jake, last years squad is about twice as talented as this years squad and alot of these guys that played yesterday are a year younger but better drilled than the last bye3ars rabble...

based on the 2 performances that I've seen Cammo is doing a decent job.

well the funny thing is Jake, last years squad is about twice as talented as this years squad and alot of these guys that played yesterday are a year younger but better drilled than the last bye3ars rabble...

based on the 2 performances that I've seen Cammo is doing a decent job.

Yeah, I was just very disapointed with what I saw. Fundamental errors and so forth. Was trying to see who had a bit of talent that could make it to first grade and I could only say that Brien stood out.

David Thomas looks like he could be something with a bit of work. He's got some size for a 2nd rower.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts