What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Parramatta Eels Holden Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stagger eel

Staff member
I was also impresed with Thomas..

tbh I'd much prefer them drop a ball trying to do something than have no structure on our goal line defence..which you'd agree a MASSIVE problem last year but a big improvement this year.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Let's sign up Magnus Stromquist. Dead set he was outstanding.

I thought George Tafua was great. A real wrecking ball. And TK Amosa is CLASS.

Also, I really liked the look of Graham. Lot of mongrel in him.

Delboy

First Grade
The word is that the identification of outside players to stengthen locals has not been good for a couple of years.

Suggestion from those in the know is that they are suffering from poor coaching last year too, adds up to a year of rebuilding and the club is aware of it

Kornstar

Coach
Pat O'hanlon was great again in a well beaten side.

Agreed, he looked very good.

We just had such poor handling! The defence was ordinary too......obviously.

I think it may be a long year, they don't look like they are playing for each other again this year!

Stagger eel

Staff member
as I mentioned earlier, this current squad is probably half the talent to last years squad and they appears to be facing a very long season.

the only players who really stood out yesterday were Paddy, Brien and Peni Therapo the rest of them are just out of their depth at the moment.

it appears that the club are continueing to opt for local talent rather than do what most other clubs are doing at the moment and that's recuit in important areas such as halves and forwards.

I think we really need to change our tact in this area of player development. it's also no surprise that our 2 best players are from outside our local area.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Agreed, he looked very good.

We just had such poor handling! The defence was ordinary too......obviously.

I think it may be a long year, they don't look like they are playing for each other again this year!

He is bigger enough for NRL right now. Do you think he could handle the step up if choosen for the NRL side this year ?

Not saying he will fix any problems, but Pat may be just as good as Oake and Horo, plus it would give him some experience. Just thinking out aloud !!!

ROGUE

Juniors
as

it appears that the club are continueing to opt for local talent rather than do what most other clubs are doing at the moment and that's recuit in important areas such as halves and forwards.

You could almost say the say applies for 1st grade staggs, without mentioning names of course

Kornstar

Coach
He is bigger enough for NRL right now. Do you think he could handle the step up if choosen for the NRL side this year ?

Not saying he will fix any problems, but Pat may be just as good as Oake and Horo, plus it would give him some experience. Just thinking out aloud !!!

Tbh I would promote Lasalo to the NRL, the kid has talent and would be next in line for me over Horo and Oake!

If Pat keeps up his form he may just get atleast one game in the NRL this year like Lasalo last year.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Tbh I would promote Lasalo to the NRL, the kid has talent and would be next in line for me over Horo and Oake!

If Pat keeps up his form he may just get atleast one game in the NRL this year like Lasalo last year.

yes forgot about Lasalo. That would make sense

Pazza

First Grade
checking out the stats of O'Hanlon after seeing him play confirms that this kid is a beast. Making plenty of ground, tackles, offloads with minimal errors. This guy could make a impact in FG in 2011.

Kornstar

Coach
Brad Graham - he does some good things but also really dumb things!!!!! Seriously, what was he thinking letting that ball roll??? He cost us atleast a draw!

Then he gets the ball and gets tackled into touch when there was no room, it wasn't even the last tackle and we were on the attack!

Last year he showed promise but he has been poor this year imo......

haynemagic

Juniors
Some real positives from that game i think. Our forwards were awesome, ohanlon, thomas, terepo, hura, and many others absolutely dominated and would proberly do a better job then most of our useless forwards in first grade. YES IM LOOKING AT U POORE!! O'hanlon looked a class above everyone else on the field just the wy he can poke his head through and is always looking for an offload. I Also think that ken sio could really push for a first grade spot if injurys come our way. Galati was great when he came on and gave great service and was always getting our forwards on a roll. Parra should of won today just didnt make enough of their momentum from the forwards.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
they looked very unfit to me

at the end of both halves they really dropped off

murraymob

First Grade
interesting point with these juniors penrith parra 2 of the largest areas both have woefull u20 teams.Massive money being pumped into these

isaiah

Bench
Some real positives from that game i think. Our forwards were awesome, ohanlon, thomas, terepo, hura, and many others absolutely dominated and would proberly do a better job then most of our useless forwards in first grade. YES IM LOOKING AT U POORE!! O'hanlon looked a class above everyone else on the field just the wy he can poke his head through and is always looking for an offload. I Also think that ken sio could really push for a first grade spot if injurys come our way. Galati was great when he came on and gave great service and was always getting our forwards on a roll. Parra should of won today just didnt make enough of their momentum from the forwards.

don't know if absolute forward domination includes the opposition forwards scoring 3 of their 4 trys. sounds like some eels forawrds either dropped off or were poor positionally in defence.

Pazza

First Grade
love the look of Terepo and O'Hanlon, big men with big work rates. long way to go till they are good to go for FG but i like what i see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts