What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Parramatta Eels Holden Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kornstar

Coach
I hear the club aren't expecting much out of this team this year......i know it may be stating the obvious but that is just what i hear, the club is well aware of the limitations of the squad......

I think we should just be happy with any win that we can get......

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I agree, we cat be the best in every team every year

HM is looking very good tough

shame us bush bunnies dont get to see them play

Stagger eel

Staff member
I hear the club aren't expecting much out of this team this year......i know it may be stating the obvious but that is just what i hear, the club is well aware of the limitations of the squad......

I think we should just be happy with any win that we can get......

well the bulk of the squad are actually at the 18 to 19 age bracket rather the 19 to 20.

Kornstar

Coach
well the bulk of the squad are actually at the 18 to 19 age bracket rather the 19 to 20.

To be honest the side last year wasn't really much worse except it had some VERY classy players who made a difference when they were there.

A.Mitchell & N.Gardner won us games, they were both that good that they actually physically won us games on their own, problem was that Gardner was injured badly in that Penrith trial and missed a fair bit of the season and Mitchell was also injured/playing for Wenty......both players were not there enough to help the team make the 8.

I guess where i am going is that although some of these players may be around next year i am thinking that we only need a few classy players from the SG Ball squad to move up to the NYC to make the team competitive again.

What has happened to Galati by the way......why on the bench?

Stagger eel

Staff member
To be honest the side last year wasn't really much worse except it had some VERY classy players who made a difference when they were there.

A.Mitchell & N.Gardner won us games, they were both that good that they actually physically won us games on their own, problem was that Gardner was injured badly in that Penrith trial and missed a fair bit of the season and Mitchell was also injured/playing for Wenty......both players were not there enough to help the team make the 8.

I guess where i am going is that although some of these players may be around next year i am thinking that we only need a few classy players from the SG Ball squad to move up to the NYC to make the team competitive again.

What has happened to Galati by the way......why on the bench?

last years squad was twice as talented and should of made the top 8, but we had a f**kwitt of a coach with no idea..

I think Cammo is looking at some impact off the bench which I guess Galati offers.

Kornstar

Coach
last years squad was twice as talented and should of made the top 8, but we had a f**kwitt of a coach with no idea..

I think Cammo is looking at some impact off the bench which I guess Galati offers.

I don't disagree with the talent of last years team, but they did not play for each other because of that hack!

Maybe when the Ball season is over we can get some goodens up to strengthen the squad.....

We looked much better on the weekend and i actually believe we could have won that game had Latilupe not gone off injured, Tavita looks much better in the 6 jersey then the 1 jersey that's for sure!

When the forwards actually have a go as a unit, they look very good, unfortunately though they only seem to play as a unit for 15 minutes a game!

Stagger eel

Staff member
well expect to see Vai Tautai, Jacob Gagon and Jason Wehebe to make the transition to NYC however the kid with most ability may not be available due to injury and that's Loko, a centre with a sh*tload of promise...

Kornstar

Coach
I am very much looking forward to seeing those boys injected this year when their season is over....

Delboy

First Grade
I remember Gardner and Mitchell winning the game against the Panthers at CUA last year between them, they were individual pereformances as basically their structure was non existent.

This year in NYC it is the same as NRL, with Dan Cross out injured for a few more weeks, there is no one at 7 to get them around the field.

Eelementary

Post Whore
well expect to see Vai Tautai, Jacob Gagon and Jason Wehebe to make the transition to NYC however the kid with most ability may not be available due to injury and that's Loko, a centre with a sh*tload of promise...

Holy crap - is that not the coolest name ever?

"What you talkin' about, ese? Don't you know that I'm Loko?"

:D

Tizzun

Juniors

Loko has been named in the SG Ball team the last couple of weeks, not sure if he has played though.

Captain BF

Juniors
I think TK Amosa is pretty poor in all honesty, he seems in the mould of Gary Freeman as in an angry niggly little halfback but without the speed or skills of Freeman. I don't think much of Graham.

I think our players that are the best chance of going on are O'Hanlon, Sio, Rory Brien, Terepo, Hura . Next year i think they may be a chance of moving up.

Galati seems reasonable. Not sure about Tavita.

A couple of the other forwards, Seumanufagi, Thomas & Taufua will take longer to develop than the others i reckon.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I think TK Amosa is pretty poor in all honesty, he seems in the mould of Gary Freeman as in an angry niggly little halfback but without the speed or skills of Freeman. I don't think much of Graham.

I think our players that are the best chance of going on are O'Hanlon, Sio, Rory Brien, Terepo, Hura . Next year i think they may be a chance of moving up.

Galati seems reasonable. Not sure about Tavita.

A couple of the other forwards, Seumanufagi, Thomas & Taufua will take longer to develop than the others i reckon.

I agree with most of that

One thing about TK is that he gets his hands on the ball alot but does very little with it

He had a chance to set us up last weekend and we were only 10 metres out but his decision making under pressure was poor I thought

parra pete

Referee
I've only seen TK Amosa on the NYC matches on FOX. A couple at pivot, and the others at half back, and each time I've seen him play he has been good, in my opinion.
The commentator last week was going on and on about Thomas being out on the wing, when Cameron Smith kept saying, the winger has gone off forcing Thomas out there to replace him.
Gave me the sh*ts in the end because he (the commentator) obviously wasn't taking any notice of what Smith was saying to him!!!!

Kornstar

Coach
I've only seen TK Amosa on the NYC matches on FOX. A couple at pivot, and the others at half back, and each time I've seen him play he has been good, in my opinion.
The commentator last week was going on and on about Thomas being out on the wing, when Cameron Smith kept saying, the winger has gone off forcing Thomas out there to replace him.
Gave me the sh*ts in the end because he (the commentator) obviously wasn't taking any notice of what Smith was saying to him!!!!

Thomas also finished the Tigers game the week before on the wing, he has some toe for such a big guy!

He has also been named at centre this week.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Thomas also finished the Tigers game the week before on the wing, he has some toe for such a big guy!

He has also been named at centre this week.

he did play about a few games at centre last year than disappeared off the rader a bit, good player actually.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts