What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Parramatta Eels Holden Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain BF

Juniors
Some quick notes as i feel a migraine brewing:
* Great try by Vescio. 30 metres out and ripped through to score a brilliant try.
* I think the blokes name is Pauli Pauli, what a great spell he had in the second half. Lots of strong tackles and some very good hit ups.
* The half back Camoto is pretty impressive.
* Maybe 4 players or so on report. I'm not sure who was put on report for the lifting (spear) tackle, but they should be in trouble.

* Some very good signs from the team as a whole.

I would like to know if anyone has an opinion on Gagan and Jennings? They did some good things in the lower grades but don't really seem to be kicking on.

I can't say i can remember a refereeing performance like that one in any grade or at any level. Just appallingly one sided. There was a funny penalty though, Wehbe put up a bomb, chased it through and then caught it but was penalised for being off side. Not sure how that worked, but fair enough.

The Warriors are still the gun team in NYC.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
What happened to frasier? injured?

11707_1213541686261_399_400.jpg

The NYC boys were ripped off - only saw the last 20 minutes but I haven't seen such a one-sided refereeing performance. Isn't the NYC televised? If it is, I hope the viewers were paying attention. I would hate for our boys to win a game like that.

IN THE KNOW

Juniors
Some quick notes as i feel a migraine brewing:
* Great try by Vescio. 30 metres out and ripped through to score a brilliant try.
* I think the blokes name is Pauli Pauli, what a great spell he had in the second half. Lots of strong tackles and some very good hit ups.
* The half back Camoto is pretty impressive.
* Maybe 4 players or so on report. I'm not sure who was put on report for the lifting (spear) tackle, but they should be in trouble.

* Some very good signs from the team as a whole.

I would like to know if anyone has an opinion on Gagan and Jennings? They did some good things in the lower grades but don't really seem to be kicking on.

I can't say i can remember a refereeing performance like that one in any grade or at any level. Just appallingly one sided. There was a funny penalty though, Wehbe put up a bomb, chased it through and then caught it but was penalised for being off side. Not sure how that worked, but fair enough.

The Warriors are still the gun team in NYC.
Seeing that this was Gagans 1st game back from an injury that he carried all last year and it was Jennings who picked up the loose ball and had the foresight to put Gagan away for his try i dont think that they arent kicking on, its the way the previouos coach had the team play, the new coach knows what they can do but as he said to me he is frustrated at the halves not giving both Jennings and Vai early clean ball to get 1 on 1 with there opposite man.

Captain BF

Juniors
Seeing that this was Gagans 1st game back from an injury that he carried all last year and it was Jennings who picked up the loose ball and had the foresight to put Gagan away for his try i dont think that they arent kicking on, its the way the previouos coach had the team play, the new coach knows what they can do but as he said to me he is frustrated at the halves not giving both Jennings and Vai early clean ball to get 1 on 1 with there opposite man.
Thanks for your reply mate. The team is definately playing a different style to last year. They also seem to be better drilled.
I have to say that Vai Tautai had a very quiet game last night, which is disappointing as i rate him.
What is your opinion on Wehbe?

IN THE KNOW

Juniors
Thanks for your reply mate. The team is definately playing a different style to last year. They also seem to be better drilled.
I have to say that Vai Tautai had a very quiet game last night, which is disappointing as i rate him.
What is your opinion on Wehbe?

Have watched wehbe for many years , i think he is rocks or diamonds. Can be real good or real bad, The current coach worked with him and a number
of the players in 2008 and at schoolboy level.He will be fostering the halves combo with seage and wehbe to hopefully get them back to playing the way they did in 2010 sg ball which will hopefully see Vai , Jennings and Gagan play the way they are capable of instaed of the hamstrung ideas of the previuos coach.

This Doug bloke sounds handy.

When I was 9 I rang the club (long-distance) to complain about Gary Dowling being omitted form the first grade team. Turned out to be a misprint in the paper. Don't think the lady on the switchboard was impressed.

Gronk

Staff member
I hear that there are a few experts at spin at the club.

#justkiddingdeathriders

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts