What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Parramatta Eels Juniors

Soren Lorenson

First Grade
As long as you know what you need to know to get through life I don't think it matters. Also I reckon I'm pretty smart but when I look back at my 18 Yr old self I was as dumb as a box of hammers. I thought I was pretty good though. You learn a lot by living life. I'll probably do the same when I'm 70.

So do we have any superstars coming through? I’ll give it Brian Smith he was a choker but he could build a club with awesome Juniors coming through. Don’t seem to hear of any good ones coming through at all. They all seem to want to play for Manly. What the frig is going on with our management ?

hindy111

Post Whore
So do we have any superstars coming through? I’ll give it Brian Smith he was a choker but he could build a club with awesome Juniors coming through. Don’t seem to hear of any good ones coming through at all. They all seem to want to play for Manly. What the frig is going on with our management ?

I just did a write up on this. It's terrible. Flat out developing an NRL player let alone an ORIGIN level player.
In last 6yrs - Brown,Mahoney,Kafusi,Penisini. Two of them gone next year.
Brown looks a star. The others are not origin level. Just NRL players at this point.
We are the worse just about in comp at developing kids currently

strider

Post Whore
I just did a write up on this. It's terrible. Flat out developing an NRL player let alone an ORIGIN level player.
In last 6yrs - Brown,Mahoney,Kafusi,Penisini. Two of them gone next year.
Brown looks a star. The others are not origin level. Just NRL players at this point.
We are the worse just about in comp at developing kids currently
Agree we dont do very well getting our juniors to the top level.

I wonder how other clubs do .... this has obviously been a strength of melbourne - brisbane has always had the pick of qld talent - - and penrith lately .... i wonder who are the other clubs who do well? ... do a report and get back to us

Gazzamatta

Coach

I wonder how other clubs do .... this has obviously been a strength of melbourne - brisbane has always had the pick of qld talent - - and penrith lately .... i wonder who are the other clubs who do well? ... do a report and get back to us
Im an optimist. I believe the players are always there. Its the systems and coaching thats failing.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore

Roosters are probably the best. Souths and Cronulla go okay too.

hindy111

Post Whore

I can't be bothered today looking at each club. But
Cowboys,Sharks,Penrith,Brisbane have developed a heap of late. No suprise they are top 4.
Souths always seem to unearth guys. Dogs have a few coming thru now. Might be an issue for them after over paying signings. We may be able to pick up some.

I feel our output is very poor. As in bottom 6 of all clubs in juniors in last 10yrs. I could be wrong but.

strider

Post Whore
I can't be bothered today looking at each club. But
Cowboys,Sharks,Penrith,Brisbane have developed a heap of late. No suprise they are top 4.
Souths always seem to unearth guys. Dogs have a few coming thru now. Might be an issue for them after over paying signings. We may be able to pick up some.

I feel our output is very poor. As in bottom 6 of all clubs in juniors in last 10yrs. I could be wrong but.
No i think you are correct .... i dont feel like we have produced much in recent times

And yeah without looking into it much i was thinking souths, cowboys, brisbane ... and of course current penrith mob

strider

Post Whore
It's a very narrow three year period you're looking at though. The Roosters have been doing it for decades.
Are the roosters producing top quality players from juniors? Moreso than other clubs?

Off the top of my head, recent years ...
Yes - Cordner, Latrell, Manu, RTS .... (?) Friend, Radley, Collins, Tupou, Takeahu
Bought when already nrl players - Teddy, Keary, Crichton, JWH, Morrises, Cronk,

JokerEel

Coach
Are the roosters producing top quality players from juniors? Moreso than other clubs?

Yes - Cordner, Latrell, Manu, RTS .... (?) Friend, Radley, Collins, Tupou, Takeahu
Tupou?

Obscene Assassin

First Grade

Tupou was an Eels player up until 20. Taukeaiho debuted at the warriors.