What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Parramatta Eels preparing $2.1 million raid for Penrith Panthers forward Luke Lewis

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
Sadly, Poo Poo remains lost in "space".....

black500x375.jpg

Last edited:

lingard

Coach
It was a serious answer. And you either don't like it or don't understand it.

Give it up lingard. Every time you try to set a trap for me I refuse to play. Why do you expect this to change?

You lost your credibility when you resorted to the puerile pattern of:

ask question -> laugh at whatever the response is (with a few of these :lol:)

It's much the same as Maroubra Eel's schtick, only his replies are funny, and I'm not sure whether or not he's a nasty merkin.

Your obsession with proving me wrong shows I already made you look like a fool.

lol @ you

:lol:

I`m not sure if it was a serious answer or not. You really think Hasler is a genius? The point of my question, of course, was that if we can clearly see that Hasler is a good coach (and I think we can), why do you think we can`t have some idea of whether or not Kearney is a good coach? (Bearing in mind that you yourself said that Kearney is 'probably not a good coach'. Why?) In other words, what exactly is it that makes a 'good' coach or 'bad' coach (in your view)? You`ve spent a lot of time and effort telling us all that Kearney is doing a good job and probably shouldn`t be sacked (or at least not yet anyway), and that anyone who wants him sacked is just an ignorant footy fan - but unfortunately you still haven`t been able to explain yourself in a clear and concise manner (which is why most people here don`t take you seriously.) It isn`t because of your views - it`s because of the way you put them across. (Or fail to put them across.) You have become somewhat of a joke on this forum, which is a shame because you do have a bit to offer. I`d just like to give you the opportunity to explain yourself once and for all. Or do you think I`m trying to set a trap for you? Is that what you call it when people question your opinions?
And remember: only serious answers will be accepted. I promise I won`t laugh.
Unfortunately, if history is anything to go by, you`ll either make a sarcastic remark or you`ll snatch upon one little part of my post and address that only (with probably a sarcastic remark or two) whilst still avoiding answering the question - thus perpetuating the myth of misunderstood genius that is poo poo escobar. Happy to be proven wrong, though.

Avenger

Immortal
The guy is a serious f**kwit with no life. It is no coincidence that the better posters on this forum have stopped coming here since this prick started spreading his virus. Without doubt the biggest f**kwit to ever grace these pages. Come on Pou retaliate, you can do it. You no life piece of garbage.

strider

Post Whore
ffs lingard - the sooner you realise that pou knows everything about everything the better off we'll all be

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I`m not sure if it was a serious answer or not. You really think Hasler is a genius? The point of my question, of course, was that if we can clearly see that Hasler is a good coach (and I think we can), why do you think we can`t have some idea of whether or not Kearney is a good coach? (Bearing in mind that you yourself said that Kearney is 'probably not a good coach'. Why?) In other words, what exactly is it that makes a 'good' coach or 'bad' coach (in your view)? You`ve spent a lot of time and effort telling us all that Kearney is doing a good job and probably shouldn`t be sacked (or at least not yet anyway), and that anyone who wants him sacked is just an ignorant footy fan - but unfortunately you still haven`t been able to explain yourself in a clear and concise manner (which is why most people here don`t take you seriously.) It isn`t because of your views - it`s because of the way you put them across. (Or fail to put them across.) You have become somewhat of a joke on this forum, which is a shame because you do have a bit to offer. I`d just like to give you the opportunity to explain yourself once and for all. Or do you think I`m trying to set a trap for you? Is that what you call it when people question your opinions?
And remember: only serious answers will be accepted. I promise I won`t laugh.
Unfortunately, if history is anything to go by, you`ll either make a sarcastic remark or you`ll snatch upon one little part of my post and address that only (with probably a sarcastic remark or two) whilst still avoiding answering the question - thus perpetuating the myth of misunderstood genius that is poo poo escobar. Happy to be proven wrong, though.

Hasler's a genius because he built a club from nothing and in less than a decade won two premierships. This is at a club that had pretty much everyone off contract when he arrived.

Kearney can't be judged because he hasn't even been here for two years, and when he took over we had a few blokes on inflated contracts with years to run.

Ergo, the scope of the two rebuilding jobs can't be compared.

As for whether or not I'm a joke around here, it's typical internet-land ganging up on the dissenting opinion, with some bogan-style overenthusiastic laughing at every comment critical of the outsider. It's more a reflection on you cliquey losers than it is on me.

If you don't like my opinions feel free to click the link in bartman's sig. The fact is I know my footy and you merkins are well aware of that. Remember you're the ones who are confused about why Kearney hasn't been sacked. I've got absolutely no problem with him remaining at the club, and I love this club almost as much as you do. ;-)

lingard

Coach
Hasler's a genius because he built a club from nothing and in less than a decade won two premierships. This is at a club that had pretty much everyone off contract when he arrived.

Kearney can't be judged because he hasn't even been here for two years, and when he took over we had a few blokes on inflated contracts with years to run.

Ergo, the scope of the two rebuilding jobs can't be compared.

As for whether or not I'm a joke around here, it's typical internet-land ganging up on the dissenting opinion, with some bogan-style overenthusiastic laughing at every comment critical of the outsider. It's more a reflection on you cliquey losers than it is on me.

If you don't like my opinions feel free to click the link in bartman's sig. The fact is I know my footy and you merkins are well aware of that. Remember you're the ones who are confused about why Kearney hasn't been sacked. I've got absolutely no problem with him remaining at the club, and I love this club almost as much as you do. ;-)

I agree that Hasler is an exceptional coach. But not just because he was able to build a club from scratch. There are other things involved too. If the definition of a good coach was simply an ability to build a team, a culture, a set of structures, etc; then how would you describe someone like - well, Des Hasler - who can come to a club like Canterbury who had a fairly average set of backs and a poor year last year, and come up with immediate success? I think that demonstrates other abilities and qualities. And why can`t Stephen Kearney be judged yet? You mean not judged at all? On any level? And if so, why did you say that he`s 'probably not a good coach'? The reason I keep bringing that quote up, of course, is that it appears almost as a contradiction of everything else you say about him. I`m genuinely interested in why you would make that comment.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I agree that Hasler is an exceptional coach. But not just because he was able to build a club from scratch. There are other things involved too. If the definition of a good coach was simply an ability to build a team, a culture, a set of structures, etc; then how would you describe someone like - well, Des Hasler - who can come to a club like Canterbury who had a fairly average set of backs and a poor year last year, and come up with immediate success? I think that demonstrates other abilities and qualities.

For starters Canterbury won 5 of their last 7 games, after their spending spree had started to gel. They have a very good roster, particularly in the forwards. Obviously Hasler identified they only needed a couple of outside backs to challenge, and they got them from clubs that didn't need them any more. With all the players they have off contract they were able to get Inu on the cheap this year by offering him good money starting next year. They couldn't do that if they already had a couple of centres on big money multiple-year contracts.

Hasler finished third last in his rookie season, so he's not a magic bullet. Yet despite not proving anything, he was able to sign some very good players for 2005, including Kite and Kennedy. He was helped by having nearly an entire salary cap to play with for that year - just like he does now at the Bulldogs, with so many big names off contract for next year.

And why can`t Stephen Kearney be judged yet? You mean not judged at all? On any level?

Like I said, I'm happy with the way he's building the squad.

If you think he's not getting the best out of the current players then of course you're right to think Kearney's shit. Personally, I think he is getting the best out of these players. They're just not very good (yet).

And if so, why did you say that he`s 'probably not a good coach'? The reason I keep bringing that quote up, of course, is that it appears almost as a contradiction of everything else you say about him. I`m genuinely interested in why you would make that comment.

A big part was my belief that he'd bought Ben Roberts as the guaranteed halves partner for Sandow, and then arseholed Roberts when his form got patchy. Now he's brought Kelly in and it looks like it'll turn out well, and emjaycee told us Roberts was only brought in as a stop-gap, I'm more comfortable with Kearney's squad management.

But even if Kearney's not a good coach, that doesn't mean he's a bd one. he might just be average, like most other coaches in the NRL. People keep comparing Kearney to Hasler, but the fact is hasler already has a job, and I seriously doubt he would ever have come here. Do the people criticising Kearney for not being Des Hasler also criticise their own wives for not being Kate Upton (or whoever)?

Finally, given the law of diminishing returns I keep banging on about lately, Kearney has plenty of improvement in him. He's only in his second season as head coach, and will be learning much faster than a more experienced coach.

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
For starters Canterbury won 5 of their last 7 games, after their spending spree had started to gel. They have a very good roster, particularly in the forwards. Obviously Hasler identified they only needed a couple of outside backs to challenge, and they got them from clubs that didn't need them any more. With all the players they have off contract they were able to get Inu on the cheap this year by offering him good money starting next year. They couldn't do that if they already had a couple of centres on big money multiple-year contracts.

Hasler finished third last in his rookie season, so he's not a magic bullet. Yet despite not proving anything, he was able to sign some very good players for 2005, including Kite and Kennedy. He was helped by having nearly an entire salary cap to play with for that year - just like he does now at the Bulldogs, with so many big names off contract for next year.

If you think he's not getting the best out of the current players then of course you're right to think Kearney's shit. Personally, I think he is getting the best out of these players. They're just not very good (yet).

A big part was my belief that he'd bought Ben Roberts as the guaranteed halves partner for Sandow, and then arseholed Roberts when his form got patchy. Now he's brought Kelly in and it looks like it'll turn out well, and emjaycee told us Roberts was only brought in as a stop-gap, I'm more comfortable with Kearney's squad management.

But even if Kearney's not a good coach, that doesn't mean he's a bd one. he might just be average, like most other coaches in the NRL. People keep comparing Kearney to Hasler, but the fact is hasler already has a job, and I seriously doubt he would ever have come here. Do the people criticising Kearney for not being Des Hasler also criticise their own wives for not being Kate Upton (or whoever)?

Finally, given the law of diminishing returns I keep banging on about lately, Kearney has plenty of improvement in him. He's only in his second season as head coach, and will be learning much faster than a more experienced coach.
So the Muslims will finally conquer the Christian world?
China to conquer America?
Palestine to conquer Israel?
Poo Poo to conquer Ego?

Eels Dude

Coach

Well he certainly couldn't get any worse as a coach. When you're at rock bottom the only way is up.

lingard

Coach

Right, now how f#cking hard was that? A well-reasoned and sensible post that pretty well sums up your views on the situation. As you are very well aware, it is not your opinions that are attacked or ridiculed, it is the way you deliver them. And as you are also very well aware, nobody (in their right mind) is comparing Kearney to Hasler. You`re very hard work, mate; but I`m sure we`ll get there in the end. ;-)
(By the way, I don`t believe you. I think you have other reasons for thinking that Kearney is 'probably not a good coach' - but you`re too afraid to mention them.)

Last edited:

Latest posts