What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Parramatta Eels preparing $2.1 million raid for Penrith Panthers forward Luke Lewis

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
As per my earlier post.....how the f#$# would we know what skills training they do? Maybe you have better info than me (to be fair it would be hard to have worse info than me).

We observe what happens on the field, which is affected by coaching/training, the players' innate abilities / effort, the opposition, and a fair bit or random shit that occurs on any particular occasion. Coaching may well be to blame for our fortunes....I just don't get how people are so sure that this is the problem. Happy to concede that some people may have better 'inside' info than me....maybe I'm talking shit, but I'm not embarassed to say that I don't think the cause of our problems is as obvious as most people think it is.

Great post.

The fact is a single scapegoat is easier to blame than the series of unfortunate events that got us into this position. Our current woes began around 2005-2006, and possibly even earlier.

Parra Pride

Referee
I never criticised Burt for not going for bombs. Most of the time letting it bounce is better than the risk of knocking it on near your tryline. Everyone knows that.

Never let the ball bounce is one of the cardinal rules of being a winger/fullback, you have absolutely no idea where it's going to go.

#TalkMoreShit

Eels Dude

Coach
Never let the ball bounce is one of the cardinal rules of being a winger/fullback, you have absolutely no idea where it's going to go.

#TalkMoreShit

Depends where it is. If the bomb is going to land on the 20 metre line sometimes it's better to let the attack make a play at it first and then wrap them up immediately as opposed to risking knocking it on. There's not that much the attack can do with a bomb 20 metres out from the tryline. If it's going to land right on the tryline though you need to make a play for it.

Eels Dude

Coach
I'm not looking forward to 2017-2018 then.

Speaking of two year records, unless we manage to win 3 of our last 7 games the 2011-2012 Eels will have the least amount of wins over a 2 year period since Souths in 2003-2004... How pathetic does that make us look...

Parra Pride

Referee
Depends where it is. If the bomb is going to land on the 20 metre line sometimes it's better to let the attack make a play at it first and then wrap them up immediately as opposed to risking knocking it on. There's not that much the attack can do with a bomb 20 metres out from the tryline. If it's going to land right on the tryline though you need to make a play for it.

There's a difference between letting an attacking player catch it, and letting it bounce.

#TheBounceCanBeMoreDeadly

Ratchy

Juniors
Frankly, I think it would go further to proving his incompetence as a first grade coach, in particular a lack man management skills and tactical nous, if another coach were to walk straight in and get a lot better out of this mob.

Well done right there for proving to me what I always thought. And you have the hide to post on here numerous times how stubborn Pou can be.

IFR33K

Coach
Speaking of two year records, unless we manage to win 3 of our last 7 games the 2011-2012 Eels will have the least amount of wins over a 2 year period since Souths in 2003-2004... How pathetic does that make us look...

Hopefully SK doesn't pick moi moi and Hindy for our remaining games, we get quicker play the balls, and manage to win a few.

lingard

Coach
It's impossible to know how he's coaching the team. They're mostly playing their best so he can't be doing a bad job.

Impossible for you, maybe. And they`re playing their best, are they? Sandow? Nope. Allgood? Nope. Tonga? Nope. Roberts? Nope. Burt? Nope. Sio? Nope. Ryan? Not recently. Blair? Not recently. All those players have more in them than Kearney`s getting out of them.
And, out of curiosity, why is it obvious that Des Hasler is a terrific coach, if it`s impossible to tell how a coach is coaching? :lol::lol::lol:

lingard

Coach
Look, you're probably right. I'd just say that it is similarly plausible that we do cover certain skill sets in training, but they become redundant when we don't time our runs / get quick play the balls / clear dummy half etc in real game time. I realise this all becomes circular (why don't play the ball quickly....coz we ran one out and got smashed). Honestly, we don't have the players to do particularly well this year. This doesn't mean that better coaching wouldn't have improved things...but I'm unconvinced that this is our biggest problem. I would perfectly understand if SK get the sack tomorrow. Can just see us going round and round in the same circles.

PS.
I visited Perth for work last month. Maybe that has affected my thinking.

Nah, he said he lives in Melbourne (but I don`t believe anything he says :D ).

lingard

Coach
Great post.

The fact is a single scapegoat is easier to blame than the series of unfortunate events that got us into this position. Our current woes began around 2005-2006, and possibly even earlier.

And it`s difficult (but not impossible) to see that Mr Stephen Kearney (despite being a nice guy with (I assume) some very good plans) is not the man to get us out of our position.

lingard

Coach
Look, you're probably right. I'd just say that it is similarly plausible that we do cover certain skill sets in training, but they become redundant when we don't time our runs / get quick play the balls / clear dummy half etc in real game time. I realise this all becomes circular (why don't play the ball quickly....coz we ran one out and got smashed). Honestly, we don't have the players to do particularly well this year. This doesn't mean that better coaching wouldn't have improved things...but I'm unconvinced that this is our biggest problem. I would perfectly understand if SK get the sack tomorrow. Can just see us going round and round in the same circles.

PS.

Very well said. You have just very eloquently put forward the argument that Poo Poo has failed to do over and over again. The way you put it, I can respect that. There may be something in what you say.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore

If you're not going to contest it then you have to be prepared for it to bounce. Especially when you know the opposition probably won't try to catch it either.

That's why you make sure you've got enough blokes back there to wrap it up after the bounce.

#TalkMoreShit

#You'veGotNoIdea

Pig Mouth

Juniors
394760_354592524611746_1703976946_n.jpg

Casper The Ghost

First Grade

PS.
Better visit the Freemantle doctor.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I'm not looking forward to 2017-2018 then.

Mate, the short-term pain we're going through now will set us up well for long-term gain.

Previous wooden spooners were Storm ('10), Roosters ('09), Bulldogs ('08), Panthers ('07) and Souths ('06).

Since then Melbourne were minor premiers ('11), the Roosters were grand finalists ('10), Panthers finished second in 2010, and both Souths and the Dogs are doing ok at the moment.

Sometimes you've got to hit rock bottom before you can rise to the top. Especially Sydney clubs. Don't be scared mate.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
You have just very eloquently put forward the argument that Poo Poo has failed to do

If I'd failed as you say, you wouldn't have rcognised that it's the same argument.

More likely you reject my argument simply because you don't like the merkin making it. Which doesn't bother me because you've got no idea.

#GetSomeLogicUpYa