What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Parramatta Eels prop Peni Terepo turns down chance to join Melbourne Storm

TheRam

Coach
You wish, mine is shaped like a grip cone from years of systematic abuse.

Well mine is the shape of the Tsar Bell after a life time of ringing it till it finally cracked. All it does now is just lay there like a discarded, broken instrument, but boy is it big. Occasionally though I still beat out a solid tune.

TheRam

Coach
Haha good call, mate. Well played.

Just for the record, I applaud you for being an avid reader.

Thanks mate. Look I don't like telling people what to believe, think or do, and on every other subject I definitely don't, but on this it is soooo important to our very survival as a people(and I don't say this lightly) that I must do my best to spread the word. I know I can sound over bearing or too cocky about footy, but it is all just part of the game, I never really take any of this seriously.

But look around to what is going on in the world. All these little events that are major all over the world are just the beginning and are exact repeats of events that led to both World Wars.

Now all I am saying is that these events are actually created by design. Yes I know :crazy: but if ppl looked further and deeper than the main street media and at the bigger picture they would quickly see that conspiracies do exist and they are against the average every day people of the world.

What can we do about it? Educate everyone you know. It is our only defense. If we all know what they are really up to then they won't be able to get away with it. Even better if you know what the solution is, then we can change things for the better. And believe me the solution for great prosperity is very, very simple.

Another great book to read is "The Story of the Commonwealth Bank' -
You can read it hear for free. Sorry end of rant.

http://cleaves.zapto.org/news/attachments/feb2009/the_story_of_the_commonwealth_bank.pdf

Parra Pride

Referee
This is my favourite book, though I still struggle with some of the words.
21592272.JPG

Gronk

Staff member
I think that Ram should expand his library to this book.

511ZcXRMjdL._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-click,TopRight,35,-76_AA300_SH20_OU01_.jpg

Bestselling author Michael Shermer's comprehensive and provocative theory on how beliefs are born, formed, reinforced, challenged, changed, and extinguished.
In this work synthesizing thirty years of research, psychologist, historian of science, and the world's best-known skeptic Michael Shermer upends the traditional thinking about how humans form beliefs about the world. Simply put, beliefs come first and explanations for beliefs follow. The brain, Shermer argues, is a belief engine. From sensory data flowing in through the senses, the brain naturally begins to look for and find patterns, and then infuses those patterns with meaning. Our brains connect the dots of our world into meaningful patterns that explain why things happen, and these patterns become beliefs. Once beliefs are formed the brain begins to look for and find confirmatory evidence in support of those beliefs, which accelerates the process of reinforcing them, and round and round the process goes in a positive-feedback loop of belief confirmation. Shermer outlines the numerous cognitive tools our brains engage to reinforce our beliefs as truths.
Interlaced with his theory of belief, Shermer provides countless real-world examples of how this process operates, from politics, economics, and religion to conspiracy theories, the supernatural, and the paranormal. Ultimately, he demonstrates why science is the best tool ever devised to determine whether or not a belief matches reality.

http://www.amazon.com/Believing-Bra...=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1313737574&sr=1-1

SDM

First Grade
Which chapter outlines the best method to convince people using insults and Internet links?

TheRam

Coach
I think that Ram should expand his library to this book.

511ZcXRMjdL._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-click,TopRight,35,-76_AA300_SH20_OU01_.jpg

Bestselling author Michael Shermer's comprehensive and provocative theory on how beliefs are born, formed, reinforced, challenged, changed, and extinguished.
In this work synthesizing thirty years of research, psychologist, historian of science, and the world's best-known skeptic Michael Shermer upends the traditional thinking about how humans form beliefs about the world. Simply put, beliefs come first and explanations for beliefs follow. The brain, Shermer argues, is a belief engine. From sensory data flowing in through the senses, the brain naturally begins to look for and find patterns, and then infuses those patterns with meaning. Our brains connect the dots of our world into meaningful patterns that explain why things happen, and these patterns become beliefs. Once beliefs are formed the brain begins to look for and find confirmatory evidence in support of those beliefs, which accelerates the process of reinforcing them, and round and round the process goes in a positive-feedback loop of belief confirmation. Shermer outlines the numerous cognitive tools our brains engage to reinforce our beliefs as truths.
Interlaced with his theory of belief, Shermer provides countless real-world examples of how this process operates, from politics, economics, and religion to conspiracy theories, the supernatural, and the paranormal. Ultimately, he demonstrates why science is the best tool ever devised to determine whether or not a belief matches reality.

http://www.amazon.com/Believing-Bra...=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1313737574&sr=1-1

Yeah right. Just like having a belief that grass is green or that water is wet. How dare anyone live in reality. The world is what it is and no amount of denial will change that Gronk.

Maroubra Eel

Coach
Can you summarize that Commonwealth Bank article. I tried reading it but it's 36 pages long and I've already had 3 beers and 2 bourbons. It's all too much, but I think I would like to know.

Thanks

Gronk

Staff member
In other news, Sticky has Peni playing lock. Progressing well. Ran a nice line for his second try vs Dragons.

Stagger eel

Staff member
That's all well and good, but has ME read the Commonwealth Bank article yet? It's been 2 years, I wouldn't think 3 beers and 2 bourbons would knock him about THAT much???

Have you read his posts lately?? I think his still pissed..