What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Parramatta Eels sign North Queensland Cowboys prop Carl Webb

mrpwnd

Bench
I'd like to point out that when Fui joined us he was a lazy trainer. I'm not excited about the Webb signing but not dismayed either. I hope he gets fit and proves a few people wrong. I did like that he said that he saw the Eels as a great club with passionate supporters. At least he knows what he's in for if he doesn't aim up..
I play 10 minutes, I train 10 minutes.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
if he is half as good as some of us a making him out to be, why did the Cowpats let him go

Could it be that after all his achievements he is past his use by date ?

or maybe he's another Corey Pearson, we could certainly do with a halfback

Swiftstylez

Bench
UHhhh it isn't the fact that he is that bad, he is above average, it's the fact that we don't need to be signing forwards for any amount until we can somehow manage to sign a halfback that is worthy of leading our team.

This signing is just going to replace Cayless, nothing more.

bradeel

Juniors
if he is half as good as some of us a making him out to be, why did the Cowpats let him go

Could it be that after all his achievements he is past his use by date ?

or maybe he's another Corey Pearson, we could certainly do with a halfback

no doubt its not working out at the Cowboys and they'd be feeling like we have bought a lemon, but that doesn't factor in human nature and the fact that change can often bring out good things in people. He seems to be enthusiastic about working under our training staff to help him resurrect his career. Perhaps the new environment will do for him what the Cowboys could not.

I'm not offering any personal guarantees that it's going to work, but stranger things happen in football and i don't think we have alot to lose by giving it a go.

PJ Marshal

Coach
UHhhh it isn't the fact that he is that bad, he is above average, it's the fact that we don't need to be signing forwards for any amount until we can somehow manage to sign a halfback that is worthy of leading our team.

replace cayless.....so your saying cayless is a fat useless sack of crap?

Parraren

Bench
Look it's pretty obvious we are shopping in the bargain bin with the Webb & Maitua deals because we have put aside a massive amount of coin for our Hail Mary signing(the 2 Coopers) which as yet, neither has come off.

TheParraboy

Staff member
hope charlotte drops a few kilos before he slips on a canary eels jersey, wont be a good look

Eelementary

Post Whore

Very true.

I will welcome his addition to our club, but am slightly puzzled. We don't really need any more forwards. And if he is the replacement for Caylo...Well, no disrespect to big Carl, but for me, Caylo any time.

Eels Dude

Coach
Webb plays 30 minutes a game at the moment, but if you look at his stats you'd swear he plays only 15. About 50m per game and 10 tackles is a shadow of a former rep player. In all honestly I don't think he's good enough at the moment to crack the top 17 at any club except for the woeful Cowboys. And even they don't want him anymore.

Gronk

Staff member
FORMER Origin forward Carl Webb will leave the North Queensland Cowboys at the end of the 2010 season after signing a two-year deal with the Parramatta Eels.
The departing forward inked the deal this week after also attracting interest from the Newcastle Knights and English Super League.
He was sounded out by Eels coach Daniel Anderson for depth in the pack with skipper Nathan Cayless retiring at the end of this season.
And Webb is looking forward to a fresh challenge after failing to attract an offer to stay in North Queensland after six years at the club.
``There will be a lot of expectation next year and there will be a lot of pressure with that but I look forward to it,'' he said.
http://www.townsvillebulletin.com.au/article/2010/09/01/167095_sport.html

Ratchy

Juniors
I'd like to point out that when Fui joined us he was a lazy trainer. I'm not excited about the Webb signing but not dismayed either. I hope he gets fit and proves a few people wrong. I did like that he said that he saw the Eels as a great club with passionate supporters. At least he knows what he's in for if he doesn't aim up..

Don't be surprised the weather has something to do with his fitness. The heat up there is something else.

84 Baby

Referee
No no no no no what are parra doing buying players from teams who cam last? Long 2011 season I think. He will play for wenty as bench wormer.
Are you saying we have signed Cooper Cronk?

Don't know why people are up in arms about Webb. Yeah he might end up being a terrible buy but then again maybe he becomes just what we need. Time will tell

beave

Coach
He will probably play the first 2-3 games and be a super star and then fade out...... that is probably the best case scenario. I hope you get more value out of him then we did, because after watching him for 6 seasons up here, he is a f**king waste of $$$$$$.

Djay

Juniors
Could be a really good signing or could be terrible. But have faith in DA that he will work him hard in the off-season and get him fit for 2011.

boxhead

First Grade
Could be a really good signing or could be terrible. But have faith in DA that he will work him hard in the off-season and get him fit for 2011.

Agree.

Just a question, when do players joining new clubs actually go to their new clubs in the off-season? Is it when the team stops playing, or after the grand final? Just curious.....

Eels Dude

Coach
Agree.

Just a question, when do players joining new clubs actually go to their new clubs in the off-season? Is it when the team stops playing, or after the grand final? Just curious.....

When the players return to training after their off season break. So probably Mid to late November.

boxhead

First Grade
When the players return to training after their off season break. So probably Mid to late November.

Ah ok, thanks.
Just wondering, because if we sign any more players you would expect it is before we start training again.

Pazza

First Grade
Having both Shackleton and Webb who can play in the front and back rows brings plenty of versatility to our pack! we can really monster an opposition with mannah, fui and webb (back row) or tighten our defence against attacking raids by little men with Poore and Shacks in the front row!

This will give us great strategic value facing different teams throughout the season!