What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Parramatta Eels sign North Queensland Cowboys prop Carl Webb

Gronk

Staff member
Is Feather definitely signed? Or is he a Wenty signing?

Well he's listed here as a signing and this guy keeps pretty accurate records.

IIRC he's been playing a-grade on the central coast after a run of bad injuries which finished his contract with Bradford. A forumite twittered Sam Burgess (his best bud) and Sam confirmed he was signed with Parra.

Stagger eel

Staff member
I'm scratching my head at the hysteria at this signing...according to some it's impossible for a player to benefit from a change of clubs.

Maroubra Eel

Coach
I'm scratching my head at the hysteria at this signing...according to some it's impossible for a player to benefit from a change of clubs.

I think the signing is ok. You need these kind of players to make up a team. I think everyone is just waiting for the big signings to be announced.

84 Baby

Referee
I reckon most people here are just hedging their bets. If I say he's rubbish and he turns out rubbish then I can say I told you so, but if he turns out good then I'll gladly accept it because it's good for the team. How about we actually wait till next season before judging him? And remember he's not an incumbent in the SOO side so there shouldn't be any Lindner type issues

Utey

Coach
I reckon most people here are just hedging their bets. If I say he's rubbish and he turns out rubbish then I can say I told you so, but if he turns out good then I'll gladly accept it because it's good for the team. How about we actually wait till next season before judging him? And remember he's not an incumbent in the SOO side so there shouldn't be any Lindner type issues

Good way to look at it. I was frustrated to start with, but now I'm looking froward to hopefully seeing him make a transformation in his career.

jk13

First Grade
until we sign a halfback or one steps up for us it all means squat. webb might come good and we have a great depth of front rowers. but continuing to have one out hit ups being dominated by 2 or 3 in the tacklers, means we'll remain an average team.

domstrama78

Juniors
Give him a go I say can't be all that bad. If he stays injury free and has a strong off season maintains right playing weight anything can happen.

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
He was alright before he went to the Cowboys.

Our game is riddled with players doing well on a second wind. Throughout all top 25's we have players getting injured, others returning from injury and players confidence going down or up. In some ways the game is just a gamble as are Webb, Reni, Grothe Junior, Anthony Mitchell, etc.... May the best trainer and the best punter win....

carncowboys

Juniors
The bitter truth is - the Cowgirls are the biggest under achievers in the comp - given their lineup, and having the "Worlds Best Player" in their team....

a) that has no relevance to the thread
b) i know, as every other league fan, that the cowboys have been underacheivers the last 3 years, and thurston is not the worlds best player mate, everyone knows that