What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Parramatta Eels sign North Queensland Cowboys prop Carl Webb

Eels Dude

Coach
Ah ok, thanks.
Just wondering, because if we sign any more players you would expect it is before we start training again.

Yeah generally all players will sort out their futures over the next month or so otherwise they'll become unemployed.

Yeah generally all players will sort out their futures over the next month or so otherwise they'll become unemployed.
if they dont sort it out in the next month you would think they will take any offer to find a club before everyone's salary cap is spent we still might pick up some big fish in the end

Bazal

Post Whore
Lame. Hope he was dirt cheap, dude hasn't done a single thing since leaving Brisbane

parra pete

Referee
Look it's pretty obvious we are shopping in the bargain bin with the Webb & Maitua deals because we have put aside a massive amount of coin for our Hail Mary signing(the 2 Coopers) which as yet, neither has come off.

You mean ...hasn't been announced yet...You don't have to be a QC to realise the Club has signed QC...
As the contractor said to the muleser....'Mark my words'..;-)

You mean ...hasn't been announced yet...You don't have to be a QC to realise the Club has signed QC...
As the contractor said to the muleser....'Mark my words'..;-)
im with you pete quietly confident we will nab him theres been a lot of wet ink in newspapers saying he will stay but i dont see any on a contract anywhere he could sign for them tomorrow (or yesterday :D)
the longer this goes on unresolved the better i think our chances are

Bazal

Post Whore
Apart from playing more Origin, a Test match and in a Grand Final....

And what's HE done in that time? Individually? He was promising at Brissie, he turned into a fat lazy turd who got games because rep selectors thought he was some kind of hard man...the guy is a pillow, and not a signing I'm keen on at this stage.

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
No no no no no what are parra doing buying players from teams who cam last? Long 2011 season I think. He will play for wenty as bench wormer.

Ok, say the Cowboys are last. They have Matt Bowen, Willie Tonga, Johnathon Thurston, Luke ODonnel, Scott Bolten, Matt Scott and Aaron Payne. All of which I think would walk into our top 17 bar Scott and Bolten.

True EEL

Bench
think some people are over reacting negatively about signing Webb......he just needs fitness and a change of scenery and he could be quite effective off the bench.....ah anyone remember how Fui bounced around the Warriors and Souths before Parramatta got hold of him...??

8. Mannah
10. Poore

16. Moimoi
17. Webb

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Yeah I agree I dont think it'll be a bad signing. Get him fit and solid, he'll go well. A change of club probably helps.

Eels Dude

Coach
think some people are over reacting negatively about signing Webb......he just needs fitness and a change of scenery and he could be quite effective off the bench.....ah anyone remember how Fui bounced around the Warriors and Souths before Parramatta got hold of him...??

8. Mannah
10. Poore

16. Moimoi
17. Webb

Fui was 24... Webb will be 30 next year.

parra pete

Referee
im with you pete quietly confident we will nab him theres been a lot of wet ink in newspapers saying he will stay but i dont see any on a contract anywhere he could sign for them tomorrow (or yesterday :D)
the longer this goes on unresolved the better i think our chances are

I don't think there is ANY doubt that he has signed with the Club.
If he had resigned with the ARU it would be news by now....

Eels Dude

Coach
I don't think there is ANY doubt that he has signed with the Club.
If he had resigned with the ARU it would be news by now....

Yeah and if he had signed with us wouldn't it also be news by now???? More than likely he's in negotiations and still considering his options.

cgee221

Juniors
And what's HE done in that time? Individually? He was promising at Brissie, he turned into a fat lazy turd who got games because rep selectors thought he was some kind of hard man...the guy is a pillow, and not a signing I'm keen on at this stage.

The fact of the matter is this.....

Most of his time at NQ he has had to be the lead prop...Paul Rauhihi held this role during his early days at NQ and then Carl took over....he has been on big dollars at NQ.

He has signed with us for $150,000....practically the average wage of an NRL first grader. He will be the fourth prop at the club...not the first or second or third. For someone who has Origin, Test and Grand Final experience and has played over 150 First Grade games...$150,000 is cheap.

Yes his form hasn't been great the past couple of years, however a change in sceneary does wonder for a player as I'm sure you know Bazal. If he comes good, we've got ourselves a dirt cheap top Prop....if he doesn't we have an average first grader who is being paid accordingly and someone who at least has experience.

While on surface value this may not seem like a good buy...it may yet prove a shrewd investment. Either way he'll be wearing the blue and gold next year and like the every other player that wears the blue and gold I'll be supporting them no matter what.

Eels Dude

Coach
Yes his form hasn't been great the past couple of years, however a change in sceneary does wonder for a player as I'm sure you know Bazal. If he comes good, we've got ourselves a dirt cheap top Prop....if he doesn't we have an average first grader who is being paid accordingly and someone who at least has experience.

On Carl Webb's form over the past couple of years he's more like an average reserve grader who should be nowhere near a first grade side.

eels bloke

Juniors
Carl Webb in a Parra jersey ripping in with (controlled) aggression. I'm looking at the glass as half full on news of this signing.
We've been lacking a bit of mongrel in the front row when Fui comes off. Time will tell how he goes.

Latest posts