What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Parramatta Eels sign North Queensland Cowboys prop Carl Webb

parra pete

Referee
Yeah and if he had signed with us wouldn't it also be news by now???? More than likely he's in negotiations and still considering his options.

No, he will wait until after the Bledisloe Cup match. The bloke is not a fool......
He can't play League this season, but there are still a few more Rugby matches to be played.
I tell ya, he is signed and sealed..just awaiting delivery...

Avenger

Immortal
No, he will wait until after the Bledisloe Cup match. The bloke is not a fool......
He can't play League this season, but there are still a few more Rugby matches to be played.

I reckon he is coming. However why not do the WC first ?

Is it the $$$$ ??

Redback71

First Grade
hopefully he comes good. The blue and gold colours seems to have a good influence on most players even if its only for 1 year.

parra pete

Referee

Is it the $$$$ ??

Wants to have a crack at the All Blicks in Bledisloe later this year...Plus the Wallabies are NO CHANCE in the WC...
I tell ya...'he'll be an eel'

Charlie124

First Grade
IF <----- (thats the biggest "If" i can possibly post) the Eels can get Carl to play to his potential, you have a very good buy on your hands. But unfortunately for us Cowboys fans, we've only ever seen frustratingly small glimpses of this potential since 2005 when he was at his best for us and most of us (myself included) are glad to see the back of him. He's done his dash at the Cowboys, his stats suck, he plays lazy, dumb football and doesnt look like he's interested in being there and its been this way for probably two seasons now.

Many people have already mentioned that often times a change is all a player needs to breathe new life into their career and i hope for your sake that thats the case because a fully fit and firing Carl Webb can be an absolute wrecking ball.

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
*wrong thread

But while im here, CHARLIE!!!! Where have you been?, are you going to change that sig of yours sometime soon?

Last edited:

Schiltzenberger

Juniors
I'll remain sceptical of this signing until I see what sort of shape he is in for R1 next year.

If he trims down a bit and gets fit, and gets that hunger back, not KFC hunger but hard running and hitting hunger, then he'll be worth every bit of the $150k.
Sadly I can't see it happening, I think we'll get the same fat waster that's been hurting NQ for the last couple of years.

I hope he proves us doubters wrong though.

Charlie124

First Grade
I was at work having a sh*tty day when i checked the courier mail website and read that the Eels had signed Carl. Suddenly the grey clouds parted and a magnificent rainbow cut across the sky, it was then that i knew everything was going to be alllllright.

As for my sig, any takers?

Last edited:

TheParraboy

Staff member

What about Stephanie Rice?

Hindyscrack

Bench

Is it the $$$$ ??

The Wallabies being losing semi finalists at best won't be any great achievement, nor will it add any bargaining power to his contract. Australia are not in the mix, the only thing that could save them would be ANOTHER All Blacks choke... Surely they will be too strong at home

Casper The Ghost

First Grade

So he is signed up to play "Pie In The Sky" next year! ;-)
Great news Pete..... :crazy: :sarcasm:

Only joking.... It's seems to be true what your sharing....

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
What about Stephanie Rice?

She'll be eating the pies....

6a00d83451b18a69e20112794314b528a4-800wi

6a00d83451b18a69e20112794315e928a4-800wi

Last edited:

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
I wonder if the Eels are making a play for Stanley Gene?

Stanley-Gene_64993s.jpg

From Wikipedia: Stanley Gene's age has long been a subject of contention and many running jokes amongst rugby league fans. It is generally accepted that Gene was born after the end of World War II, with most estimations stating he is between 32 and 58 years old [4]. Gene himself has stated for many years that he is 34, but this is questionable as he allegedly captained PNG U21s in 1989, and he has been unable to provide a birth certificate or any other proof of his date of birth. In 2008, Brian Noble claimed to have seen a passport that says that Gene is actually 42

Stanley Gene is a Papua New Guinean rugby league player who currently plays for Halifax RLFC in the Co-operative Championship. He has previously played for Hull KR, Huddersfield Giants and Bradford Bulls. He is a versatile player, with the ability to cover virtually any position on the pitch. He was a regular for the PNG for over 15 years, and captained the side on many occasions. He is regarded almost universally in the UK and his home country as a rugby league legend and is one of the most highly regarded players in the game.

Link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stanley_Gene

AUS3_1460551.jpg

I think Stanley is a most suitable candidate for taking over Nathan Hindmarsh's roll
in the Eels Dads Army pack when Nathan retires.
What do you think?

Stanley has the right type of natural aggression to compliment Carl Webb's....

STANLEY GENE MAY FACE BAN
By Andy Hampson, Press Association Sport

Hull KR veteran Stanley Gene could be banned for this weekend's engage Super League play-off against Wigan.

The Papua New Guinea international has been charged with behaviour contrary to the true spirit of the game following a clash with Brent Webb in Friday's defeat at Leeds.

Gene is alleged to have made unnecessary contact with Webb's face in the 18th minute of Rovers' 44-8 loss at Headingley.

If found guilty of the grade C offence at a Rugby Football League disciplinary hearing on Tuesday, the 35-year-old faces a suspension of between one and four games.

Castleford half-back Ryan McGoldrick must also appear before the disciplinary committee tomorrow after an alleged high tackle and choke hold on Wigan's Cameron Phelps.

McGoldrick has also been sent a warning letter for kicking out at Warriors forward Andy Coley in yesterday's 18-12 loss at the DW Stadium.

Wakefield prop Richard Moore has received a formal caution for striking after two incidents in his side's play-off defeat by Catalans Dragons on Saturday.

Moore was deemed to have slapped Remi Casty's face and punched Dragons captain Greg Bird.

Link: http://www.sportinglife.com/rugbyle...AME=rleague/09/09/21/RUGBYL_Disciplinary.html

0,,6301869,00.jpg

Haven't been this upset about a signing since we signed Brett Finch.

Though compared to this, I was over the moon with Finchy.

oldmancraigy

Coach
Ok - so Carl Webb is not a young player.

But Cayless is 33 - so effectively we're getting 4 years younger and saving 250k+ per year.

No idea if Webb will even make the top 17 players - but let's hope he works it out!

Maroubra Eel

Coach
I hope Webb plays better than Shackleton.

That Shack bloke went ok in his first match for us but then I didn't even notice him for the rest of the season.

Gronk

Staff member
Ok - so Carl Webb is not a young player.

But Cayless is 33 - so effectively we're getting 4 years younger and saving 250k+ per year.

No idea if Webb will even make the top 17 players - but let's hope he works it out!

After watching the Wenty game last night, I doubt that any of those boys (Peletelese, Blackburn, Manuokafoa or Armit) would push ahead of him.

Next year we have Chris Feather, but I hear he's too soft. ;-)

oldmancraigy

Coach
After watching the Wenty game last night, I doubt that any of those boys (Peletelese, Blackburn, Manuokafoa or Armit) would push ahead of him.

Next year we have Chris Feather, but I hear he's too soft. ;-)

Is Feather definitely signed? Or is he a Wenty signing?

Latest posts