What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Parramatta Eels v St George Illawarra NRL season opener NOT moved to ANZ Stadium

_mUSASHI_

Juniors
Paul Osbourne just on 1017am saying decision will be made by this afternoon, tomorrow moring at the latest. But pretty sure it will happen if parties can agree on.

Forgot to mention that he was in India because of the new signage deal with the LED company who are based in india or something. He also said that V.V.S Laxman was becoming a member of the Eels as it would help attract a wider audience in the local Indian community.

All good stuff.

Last edited:

big boppa eel

Juniors
surely, you can't blame a loss because you played at ANZ...

why?
Of course I can, r u trying to tell me that, we dont lose a huge home ground advantage, Dragons players and fans Im sure are dancing in the streets as we speak, Im suprised staggers u think playing at ANZ wont disadvantage us.:?

Suitman

Post Whore
Of course I can, r u trying to tell me that, we dont lose a huge home ground advantage, Dragons players and fans Im sure are dancing in the streets as we speak, Im suprised staggers u think playing at ANZ wont disadvantage us.:?

I'm surprised you think it will.
If we are good enough, we should be able to win anywhere.
It's not as if we have such an imposing record at Parramatta anyway.

Suity

parra pete

Referee
I'm surprised you think it will.
If we are good enough, we should be able to win anywhere.
It's not as if we have such an imposing record at Parramatta anyway.

Suity

Agree. If the team is good enough, venue shouldn't be an issue.
As Jack Gibson used to say "motivation should come from within"
"If you think you can, or think you can't - you're probably right."

When I first started following Parramatta...way way back, the Match of the Round would be played at the SCG on a Saturday, and the second best game of the round at the Sydney Sports Ground (where the SFS is now).
It was a huge thrill getting a Match of the Day. My first match of the day was in the opening round in 1960. Parra had signed a few good players, including Kangaroo Ron Boden, as Captain Coach and centre Paul Pyers from Queensland.
The team, after a good pre-season trials, came up against a red hot St George. StGeorge showed no mercy.
Big Norm Provan flattened Paul Pyers with a high shot, broke his jaw, and in the days before replacements, the Dragons won 52-0. Pyers missed most of the year.
The Dragons had Eddie Lumsden, Reg Gasnier, Brian Clay, John Raper, and John Riley back from the 1959 tour of England with the Kangaroos.
Parra had Roy Fisher, Billy Rayner, Noel (Storky) Cornwall, Lindsay Armour, Robin Gair, Ron Boden, Brian Cox, Knuckles Blundell and Pyers who were good players, but not up to the standard of the St George team, which also boasted Bob Bugden, Brian Graham, Monty Porter, Kevin Brown and Killer Kearney as Captain/Coach....

Last edited:

Suitman

Post Whore
Agree. If the team is good enough, venue shouldn't be an issue.
As Jack Gibson used to say "motivation should come from within"
"If you think you can, or think you can't - you're probably right."

The "Little Red Caboose" thought he could. And he did.

Suity

TheParraboy

Staff member
Forgot to mention that he was in India because of the new signage deal with the LED company who are based in india or something. He also said that V.V.S Laxman was becoming a member of the Eels as it would help attract a wider audience in the local Indian community.

All good stuff.

V.V.S = very very special

bartman

Immortal
I'll give you a hot tip. They won't be even close to similar and nothing like equivalant to what you've already got at Parramatta Stadium. That has been my experience with my season ticket anyway.
Steady on!

If you sound remotely critical of this shift in ground, others (who have entirely different set of circumstances) will get their knickers in a knot about you holding a different opinion, and the fact you've expressed it! :lol:

I'm just amazed that at the manner of some replies here since last night, in response to two posts that acknowledged the different sides of the coin and calmly stating personal opinions on the issue... touchy much? :crazy:

Suitman

Post Whore
Steady on!

If you sound remotely critical of this shift in ground, others (who have entirely different set of circumstances) will get their knickers in a knot about you holding a different opinion, and the fact you've expressed it! :lol:

I'm just amazed that at the manner of some replies here since last night, in response to two posts that acknowledged the different sides of the coin and calmly stating personal opinions on the issue... touchy much? :crazy:

To quote a famous Hellsy line....... "Oh dear."

Suity

DRAGONZ_RULE

Coach
Has this been confirmed yet, or is it still at the "strongly considering" stage?

Also, good to see most Parra fans disagree with the move, surrendering home ground is never the best thing to do, but on the bright side for you guys, it's Round 1 of the season and not Week 1 of the Finals, so you won't cop it from all angles if you don't decide to go through with it ;)

parra pete

Referee
The "Little Red Caboose" thought he could. And he did.

Suity

I think I can, I think I can, I think I can....I think I can.....aah remember it well....

http://
the-little-red-caboose.jpg
[/IMG]

This could be DANGEROUS......I have worked it out..Thanks YY for publishing the Boooook.

Attachments

• the-little-red-caboose.jpg
    the-little-red-caboose.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 2

PARRA_FAN

Coach
I am disappointed its not at Parramatta, but would be happy to see at least 30-40,000 at ANZ for a season opener.

Lucky we're playing Manly in Round 2, I mean for so many years we always seem to play away from home until Round 3. Hope we can get close to 20,000 for this one.

Question though, I'm a season ticket holder, would they already have seats allocated with this game being moved to ANZ?

Kornstar

Coach
Homebush is much easier to get to, even though it is further away from me i still prefer it.

I have no problem with the game being moved, i just want to see the Eels play!

The only comment i have on this is that i doubt we will get over 25k, i still agree with the reason they are doing it though.

Homebush is much easier to get to, even though it is further away from me i still prefer it.

I have no problem with the game being moved, i just want to see the Eels play!

The only comment i have on this is that i doubt we will get over 25k, i still agree with the reason they are doing it though.
even 25k is more that parra stadium's capacity

Latest posts